Speculation: Offseason Thread #7. We will hit thread #8 before Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I really like Mantha. I know youre not going to rob Ken Holland like the other trades that happened today, but Nash is still a 30-40g scorer. I want Mantha, Tatar/Nyquist, 2nd round pick. If its Jurco instead then I want a 1st round pick.

We can hope for that. Not sure Nash gets that but maybe

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Mantha + Smith would be a solid basis to a deal. Especially if they can move Staal

If they could move Staal/G sure I would like Smith. But you dont base the quality of what you will accept for a return for Rick Nash on a "if" they can move someone else. Its two separate things imo. He is worth more.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
And the cap hit is based on his salary. Which is 8.5m on average. Above 450k, the tax is the same.

It's based on actual dollars earned, so if his contact is front loaded and full of bonuses, he's gonna get slammed. Where at the end of the contract he's only taking home 2mil, the taxes would be significantly less. This is without taking into consideration any how he files and any deductions! It is super complicated and a savvy account will get him a ton of savings. In the end, the savings are not as substantial as you think.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Keeping Stalberg around is probably a nod to Henke. Hank's the reason we went after Stalberg last season, and he's probably the reason we'll be bringing in Loui Eriksson. Gotta keep your top guy happy if the coach keeps pissing him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad