Speculation: Offseason Thread #7. We will hit thread #8 before Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
PH - I wouldn't worry yet - these 3 transactions today will get the ball rolling. Also keep in mind there was a resigning and player for player swaps. The moves the Rangers potentially could be making could potentially include draft picks and prospects. I understand but today, things started to take shapre around the league. Stamkos' signing now means there are teams out there with cap space that can take on contracts.

The impatience you see on this board is a perfect representation of why many believe that the Rangers can never conduct a true rebuild. We can't delay gratification for three weeks, let alone three years.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I believe Staal is getting moved, but I cannot see him accepting a deal to Edmonton. I could see Staal bringing back picks, and then the Rangers sending one for Yakupov.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Weber wasn't even the best D on his team. The Rangers dodged a bullet with Weber. The Rangers wanted him in 2012. He visited the Rangers but the Flyers signed him to the offer sheet. Weber didn't want to live in Manhattan. Most of the team lived in the city and he didn't want to live in Westchester or CT all by himself. Nashville will still face cap recapture penalties if Weber retires before his contract expires.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
What pisses me off the most is we still don't know which direction this organization is heading. Not a single significant move has been made.

Subban held up the trade market. Teams were kicking the can at him. Hall was rumored to be on the move for him. Chiarelli paid a plus premium for maybe his 3rd choice.

Troubas name is out there. The floodgates are now open. You'll see moves.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Boston is going to throw huge signing bonus money at Trouba... that a team like WPG will have trouble paying.

Does a Kreider for Trouba deal make sense now for WPG?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I don't disagree that NJ got a steal, but they've effectively gone from bad offensively and mediocre defensively to mediocre offensively and terrible defensively. That team is still a mess.

They don't have the budget to turn it around in 2 years... but they were the best defensive team in the league for a while with Larrson getting heavy minutes.

I like Severson... but he's not ready for that type of role yet.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'd take Mantha + Smith + or something along those lines. I think Mantha can turn into a good young player

I really like Mantha. I know youre not going to rob Ken Holland like the other trades that happened today, but Nash is still a 30-40g scorer. I want Mantha, Tatar/Nyquist, 2nd round pick. If its Jurco instead then I want a 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad