Speculation: Offseason Thread #7. We will hit thread #8 before Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's Girardi + for Hartnell.

But I would rather Staal for Hartnell straight swap.

I would do Girardi + depending on the + of course.

I wouldn't be upset if Staal wasnt moved. I think he is going to have a good season. More rest with getting knock out,of the playoffs early and an off-season healthy where he can train.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Eric Staal was completely mismanaged

Because he had no logical place on the roster. I've said it before, I have no problem with them going after a vet at the deadline, but a center was the wrong target. AV had no choice but to mismanage someone in that situation.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I would do Girardi + depending on the + of course.

I wouldn't be upset if Staal wasnt moved. I think he is going to have a good season. More rest with getting knock out,of the playoffs early and an off-season healthy where he can train.

At the end of the day, Staal just needs the right partner to be successful. Of course, this isn't what you want to say about a guy earning $5.7m/year since that should be the guy who drives the other guy.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Someone teach me how to embed a gif so that I can add a "come to Butthead" clip here... :)

Same as embedding an image.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Considering I was on my way home from work when Canada decided to go nuclear, I'm expecting the Rangers to have traded half of the roster by the time I get back from going out to grab a bite to eat.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Have there been any legit rumors that DET is actually interested in Nash? Their vets are old and they have some young guys that can fill rolls so i'm not sure if they really are. Either way if true Nash 1.8 retained for 1st + Sproul or Russo + 3rd (2nd) . Don't think a 2nd over a 3rd is possible nor would they want to let go of Mantha. Objectively speaking I think ny fans are expecting too much, non-fans are expecting too little.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I'm just going to say it...BRING BACK TYUTIN!!

Get rid of Staal/Girardi and bring back Toots! He can help Buch with Russian too. Tyutin can still play at a 4/5 role.

Can get him cheap. 2 year deal, 2.5M per.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'm having a tough time piecing together how Adam Larsson is good. I'm having a tough time piecing together if he was even the best d-man on the Devils last season. Right now, I'd rank Damon Severson above Larsson.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He definitely is, but NJ definitely needed to add more to have Taylor Hall coming back their way. Devils do need Severson to step up big time now though

Sekera-Larsson is going to be an interesting pairing. If they perform like a #1 pair, Larsson is fair value for Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad