Speculation: Offseason Thread #14: Now With Even Less Title Ideas (Not the Kreider Thread Tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Someone tell Sean that the Journal News bought the Bergen Record. They don't need two Rangers beat writers.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/ranger-rants/farewell-thank-you-and-what-s-next-1.1646313

Don’t worry, though, Rangers’ news will still be provided by coming to this space by my good friend, Rick Carpiniello, who does such fine work at The Journal News/www.lohud.com and on his blog, Rangers Report. And you won’t have to go searching to find Carpy’s reporting. It will be able to be accessed through northjersey.com/sports and by picking up The Record.

What will happen is that, starting at noon on Friday, clicking on this blog will automatically redirect you to Rangers Report.

:dunno:

I think the second quote is what Sean meant.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
vesey will decide friday.

if he comes here- and the piles dont make a late push by dangling tavares as his centerman, i would expect another move is already planned and in place.

we are loaded with bottom 6 wingers. were forward heavy. some one in the top 9 is leaving. there will be pain if that happens.

do not be surprised if a very popular forward is moved in a deal for jake trouba. trouba would be a difference maker and exactly a gorton type of move.

the other deal i would expect is a nash plus and $$ retained for shattenkirk deal.

this team MUST address the defense. its SLOW and MECHANICAL and LACKS OFFENSE. teams will exploit our lack of mobility on the back end.

the powerplay also will suffer without a yandle replacement.

dominoes.....

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
vesey will decide friday.

if he comes here- and the piles dont make a late push by dangling tavares as his centerman, i would expect another move is already planned and in place.

we are loaded with bottom 6 wingers. were forward heavy. some one in the top 9 is leaving. there will be pain if that happens.

do not be surprised if a very popular forward is moved in a deal for jake trouba. trouba would be a difference maker and exactly a gorton type of move.

the other deal i would expect is a nash plus and $$ retained for shattenkirk deal.

this team MUST address the defense. its SLOW and MECHANICAL and LACKS OFFENSE. teams will exploit our lack of mobility on the back end.

the powerplay also will suffer without a yandle replacement.

dominoes.....

Too much offense going away if it's Nash and Zucc. Who would be scoring our goals if Vesey ends up being a bust? We'd have a better defense for sure but no snipers to score goals up front. I'd keep Nash especially if we need to retain on him, Zucc for Trouba would be a deal if be all in for especially if Girardi or Staal are part of the package.

Id also do a deal for Evander Kane, his value is pretty low at this point and a slightly retained Girardi and a mid prospect and draft pick may work.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Too much offense going away if it's Nash and Zucc. Who would be scoring our goals if Vesey ends up being a bust? We'd have a better defense for sure but no snipers to score goals up front. I'd keep Nash especially if we need to retain on him, Zucc for Trouba would be a deal if be all in for especially if Girardi or Staal are part of the package.

Id also do a deal for Evander Kane, his value is pretty low at this point and a slightly retained Girardi and a mid prospect and draft pick may work.

:shakehead

That guy is a mess. If NYC was his playground I find it hard to believe Kane would walk the line here.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Grabner will be on the 4th line but possibly the 3rd if some guys don't step. Up. Best case he's a 4th liner for us. A good pker that can back guys up with his speed.

def playing everyday

Not a bad move. If that's the case, the bottom 6 looks like this:

Gerbe-Hayes-Buch/Vesey
Fast-Jooris-Grabner

Fun fact, I didn't realize Gerbe is the shortest player in the NHL.. at 5'4", he must look like a ****ing midget on the ice lol

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Trouba's an interesting case: he really have much offense to his game, but a lot of that has to due with him being saddled to Mark Stuart. Away from Stuart, he played a lot with Big Buff and they were pretty damn dominant together. That's a lot of freaskish size, speed, and strength together on the backend. He has the tools though to improve his offensive output though. He can skate very well and can absolutely launch the puck. His passing and hands are good enough, and he and McDonagh would make an unreal pairing. He has the mean streak that helps in the playoffs as well.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

kane is too toxic right now.

he's shown to make bad decisions off ice and right now, this organization cant afford a mistake like him.

if you can do a deal around zucca for trouba you gotta do it. trouba adds too much to this roster and that more than replaces what we lose with zuc. and I'm a big time zuc fan boy. trouba is a complete player very mcdonagh like and would be a gem of an addition. fit the gorton mold to a t.

a nash for shattenkirk deal is a no brainer. a double no brainer actually.

scoring goals, hopefully, is addressed 2 ways.

1. improved pp by adding a true pp dman who can both distribute and score.

2. getting both faster and more offensive in the form of mika, buchnevich and jimmy vesey along with adding some scoring ability to the bottom 6, and improved years from returning top 9 forwards.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Honka very much fits what I believe the Rangers should be looking for.

Montour, DeAngelo, also put up very nice AHL seasons last year.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Not a bad move. If that's the case, the bottom 6 looks like this:

Gerbe-Hayes-Buch/Vesey
Fast-Jooris-Grabner

Fun fact, I didn't realize Gerbe is the shortest player in the NHL.. at 5'4", he must look like a ****ing midget on the ice lol

do not underestimate nik jensen.

i expect a big push from him for a 4th line spot out of camp. he's a kid who could move up the ladder easily as well.

he's too big, too fast and has too much upside in those hands.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Honka would cost a lot. 44 points in 73 AHL games as a 19-20 year old. Fast, very good offensive instincts, strong transition game. He needs to fill out some more, but he's the new era modern defenseman. The young Finns all play a smart two-way game.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
kane is too toxic right now.

he's shown to make bad decisions off ice and right now, this organization cant afford a mistake like him.

if you can do a deal around zucca for trouba you gotta do it. trouba adds too much to this roster and that more than replaces what we lose with zuc. and I'm a big time zuc fan boy. trouba is a complete player very mcdonagh like and would be a gem of an addition. fit the gorton mold to a t.

a nash for shattenkirk deal is a no brainer. a double no brainer actually.

scoring goals, hopefully, is addressed 2 ways.

1. improved pp by adding a true pp dman who can both distribute and score.

2. getting both faster and more offensive in the form of mika, buchnevich and jimmy vesey along with adding some scoring ability to the bottom 6, and improved years from returning top 9 forwards.

If Vesey to NYR becomes a reality I full agree with that move.
If NOT, I think they should try to deal Nash at the deadline for a Brass/Zibanejad type of a move.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
do not underestimate nik jensen.

i expect a big push from him for a 4th line spot out of camp. he's a kid who could move up the ladder easily as well.

he's too big, too fast and has too much upside in those hands.

If he can overtake Gerbe or Grabner by the trade deadline then I'm open to that too. I'd rather have a prospect take a veterans spot then trade that veteran for assets, rather than shoehorning a prospect into a spot he's not ready for, then trading him for pennies on the dollar to get a vet to fill that spot.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
If you sign Vesey and DiPauli, you don't even need to trade for a defender potentially.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
If you sign Vesey and DiPauli, you don't even need to trade for a defender potentially.

I mean in terms of trading for just futures, sure...

Trading for a defender is going to take trading one of Nash or Zucc. I prefer the former only because the latter is younger, and I think overall a more-liked person on the team. He's someone you want around.

This isn't even considering the fact that Zucc has actually been better than Nash since February of 2015.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Don't forget Glass and possibly Lapierre

I hope I am just kidding around by typing that but it's going to be very frustrating if they are really in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad