Speculation: Offseason Thread #14: Now With Even Less Title Ideas (Not the Kreider Thread Tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
So now we lost our best beat reporter? :help:

Its not a terrible tradeoff, when you consider we also lose Leonard.

i think larry brooks is the best beat reporter, even though sometimes i cant stand him...he usually has a good pulse on the team..i feel like he says a lot of stuff just for the click bait. i get it though...i can understand the motivation.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
It will be public info, however he might not have closed yet. would be weird if he was able to qualify prior to signing a contract...But wouldn't be out of the question to have an accepted offer or even be in contract.

With all that said, Manhattan is currently on 7-10 business days in terms of turn time post closing. So if you close on a home today, the mortgage wouldn't be recorded until say at least Aug 31st.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It will be public info, however he might not have closed yet. would be weird if he was able to qualify prior to signing a contract...But wouldn't be out of the question to have an accepted offer or even be in contract.

With all that said, Manhattan is currently on 7-10 business days in terms of turn time post closing. So if you close on a home today, the mortgage wouldn't be recorded until say at least Aug 31st.

Giving me a Vietnam flashback of the bar exam.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
i think larry brooks is the best beat reporter, even though sometimes i cant stand him...he usually has a good pulse on the team..i feel like he says a lot of stuff just for the click bait. i get it though...i can understand the motivation.

Brooks is BY FAR our best beat reporter. Not even up for debate.

KreiderHouseRules*

Brooks is BY FAR our best beat reporter. Not even up for debate.

I agree but I think that's only because the rest of them are so awful and have no actual "inside sources." They all report the same regurgitated press conference answers.

Brooks is a mouthpiece for the organization. He "leaks" what they tell him to leak, whether it's actual information they want out there or misinformation.

I actually like his column even if I disagree with him a lot. I think he's at the least a decently talented writer, which is more than I can say about Gross and the likes.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I think Carp is generally on point in his analysis of the team. On the other hand, I have trouble appreciating Brooks's work because too often he puts himself in the middle of it.

Last edited:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Why do I have this random feeling one of those trades will involve McIlrath?

i believe your feeling is spot on.

makes too much sense to keep him around and not play him especially with danny boy not going anywhere and both shatty and trouba being righties.

as long as av is here, his future probably is elsewhere.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
For those saying that if we get Vesey there will be a glut in wings and Nash/Zuuc will be traded.....I don't get it. There is no glut of experienced wings. If we get Vesey, we run with the following wings:

Nash
Kreider
Vesey
Grabner

Zuuc
Miller
Buch
Fast

Two of those guys (Buch & Vesey) would be entering the season with no NHL experience. That's risky enough as is....if we want to compete for a cup.

Regarding the rest of this so-called glut of wingers....Glass can run as #13 and Gerbe can be kept up as a #14 (we have plenty of cap space) or be completely buried in the AHL. We could even bury Glass at a penalty of only 500k....as we did for awhile last year. The rest of this so-called glut of wingers have hardly any NHL experience and can stay in Hartford and wait their turn....i.e.: Hrivik, Jensen

If we trade Nash and/or Zuuc....you can forget about competing for a cup for awhile.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I always liked Brooks. In the early years he to me had better scoop then the rest. Not sure if he adapted so well to technology over time, but I still appreciate him none the less.

Never really understood why he got called out as bad as he did with Torts...and well as Dan Boyle.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don't believe for a second they bought an apt together. If they did well ugh. Two grown rich 20 somethings grow up boys get your own places lol

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I don't believe for a second they bought an apt together. If they did well ugh. Two grown rich 20 somethings grow up boys get your own places lol

Hahahahahahha if they both live together and play hockey on the same team.... That sounds like a great sitcom lol

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

A lot of NY Athletes and celebs have done similar things...Yankee players, sit com actors etc. Hamptons as well.

Its cost effective and works if the players/celebs want a permanent place in NY and travel often.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

It will be big enough for plenty of their own spaces. It is nice to have company.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
For those saying that if we get Vesey there will be a glut in wings and Nash/Zuuc will be traded.....I don't get it. There is no glut of experienced wings. If we get Vesey, we run with the following wings:

Nash
Kreider
Vesey
Grabner

Zuuc
Miller
Buch
Fast

Two of those guys (Buch & Vesey) would be entering the season with no NHL experience. That's risky enough as is....if we want to compete for a cup.

Regarding the rest of this so-called glut of wingers....Glass can run as #13 and Gerbe can be kept up as a #14 (we have plenty of cap space) or be completely buried in the AHL. We could even bury Glass at a penalty of only 500k....as we did for awhile last year. The rest of this so-called glut of wingers have hardly any NHL experience and can stay in Hartford and wait their turn....i.e.: Hrivik, Jensen

If we trade Nash and/or Zuuc....you can forget about competing for a cup for awhile.

Miller plays left, Nash can play both. Switch them. Would even help Vesey from his standpoint - competing with Kreider, Miller, and himself for a Top 6 spot. Rangers play the guys that are scoring and performing. Confident in yourself? He is. He'll get his time if he plays well.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

Vesey hasn't gotten paid yet but could be coming from a rich family... Which is possible since his dad works for the Leafs...

But he's a townie from Charleston from what I've heard.

At last check, NY sources, and Buccigross say the same exact thing.

Close to home.. Ice time... And quality of life.

On Hayes... He's got a young family. Kids and all. Don't know if he'd be living with a teammate, but he and Yandle's were in the same building and really enjoyed themselves.

Rangers like seeing that in their players... Actually pushed Richards to live in the same building as Del Zotto and chaperone him.

DZ had his best years under Richards watch... Richie started a family and moved away... DZ lost his chaperone and his game fell off a cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad