Speculation: Offseason Thread #14: Now With Even Less Title Ideas (Not the Kreider Thread Tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Miller plays left, Nash can play both. Switch them. Would even help Vesey from his standpoint - competing with Kreider, Miller, and himself for a Top 6 spot. Rangers play the guys that are scoring and performing. Confident in yourself? He is. He'll get his time if he plays well.

The point of my post, though, was to show that there is not a glut of NHL wingers on the Rangers. Do you think Vesey makes Nash and/or Zuuc expendable? I don't, but there is alot of excitement on this board that that will be the case. I guess I'm just not getting it. :dunno:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It will be big enough for plenty of their own spaces. It is nice to have company.

They can each pick a new model gf every week if they wanted to have someone to keep them company.

Ahletes may RENT together short term but buying a condo together? No way did that happen lol

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I consider guaranteed 1.9 mil guaranteed for a 23 year old out of school rich bro, at least for the time being. How much are you pulling in?

he hasn't received a penny of that yet though. so coming up with the down payment on a NYC apartment before signing your first contract is a lot of dough. no one would question where he got that much money a year or 2 from now.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
They can each pick a new model gf every week if they wanted to have someone to keep them company.

Ahletes may RENT together short term but buying a condo together? No way did that happen lol

They may have just signed a 1 year lease together, which is likely. It is easy to report the quick "buy" terminology.

I regularly shared drinks with Johanson a few years back when he was in Columbus. They don't pull like crazy, surprisingly.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I consider guaranteed 1.9 mil guaranteed for a 23 year old out of school rich bro, at least for the time being. How much are you pulling in?

Don't get me wrong, he'll be well off once he signs his deal, but unless he's got a real big savings account, I don't see him affording the down payment on a NYC condo.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
he hasn't received a penny of that yet though. so coming up with the down payment on a NYC apartment before signing your first contract is a lot of dough. no one would question where he got that much money a year or 2 from now.

I already said no way he bought the stupid apt and if he did he didn't split it with Hayes lol

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They may have just signed a 1 year lease together, which is likely. It is easy to report the quick "buy" terminology.

I regularly shared drinks with Johanson a few years back when he was in Columbus. They don't pull like crazy, surprisingly.

A lease isn't the same as buying w condo as the tweet suggested now is it.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I now actually believe we will get him
And then we make make two trades plus 3-4 signings.
Heard something in this manner today from a Guy that knows a bit but is not employed by The NHL - but he once played there. Tried to get it confirmed from better sources but Nothing is leaking out. I like Gortons way of keeping quiet. I hope My future organisation can be as professional...

Minor league stuff and longshots
One of them just announced

Well, Gilmour would certainly seem to fit the narrative...

Another guy that was an NCAA guy who was another team's property – Calgary 7th rounder in '13. Don't know whether they offered him a contract or not.

The interwebs reports that he is a bit undersized (5'11", 180lbs), LHD, all-around type, who played on the first pair of Providence's 2015 National Championship squad. The year-old HF profile has him as a 6.5C. Anyone got any more info?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Well, Gilmour would certainly seem to fit the narrative...

Another guy that was an NCAA guy who was another team's property – Calgary 7th rounder in '13. Don't know whether they offered him a contract or not.

The interwebs reports that he is a bit undersized (5'11", 180lbs), LHD, all-around type, who played on the first pair of Providence's 2015 National Championship squad. The year-old HF profile has him as a 6.5C. Anyone got any more info?

He's a really solid skater, from what I've heard.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Lets get both Vesey and DiPauli

I wouldn't mind signing DiPauli, but he seems to be a long shot. He's on the smaller side at 5-11 187, and scored well under a point per game in all 4 seasons in college. He didn't do anything special on Team USA in the WJC as a near-20 year old, and making Team USA is not a great accomplishment the way making Team Canada is. He'd need to start in the AHL and build from there. He's certainly not a prized prospect.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Have you ever misspoke? My guess is that is what happened here. If this is true, it is a lease, not a purchase.

Guy tweeted they bought a condo together if he misspoke he prob deserves to be scrutinized about it that's fair no? Especially if he hasn't corrected himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad