HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wasn't Dreger the same guy that said that Therrien wouldn't get fired and he got fired like 2 days after? However I do agree that Tavares won't come here.

Maybe Dreger said it, as well. But I do recall Bob McKenzie saying for while that he didn't get the sense Bergevin will fire Therrien and that MT's spot was secure.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
First, Montreal started swearing like a bawsss. Then he started to be sarcastic. OK, who hacked his account?

:sarcasm:

There was a seismic shift when he used his mod powers to reopen a thread that had just been closed by a colleague and then posted the now infamous words to explain why he did it: "I need this." :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Runner.... that's second guessing:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Never gets old. :laugh:

ykmf3.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Scott Matla of EOTP has an article suggesting that maybe Paul Jerrard would be a good D coach for Habs. He talks about his success running the PK, as well.

He explains through stats and graphics how effective his teams have been when short a man.

He was most recently part of Gulutzan's staff in Calgary. He's also had stints in the AHL where even there, his teams were among the best on the PK.

Before he came on board with Gulutzan, Flames were 30th (last) place on the PK in 2015-16. In his first year running the PK, Flames jumped to 12th. And last year, they were 7th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Cutter

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Scott Matla of EOTP has an article suggesting that maybe Paul Jerrard would be a good D coach for Habs. He talks about his success running the PK, as well.

He explains through stats and graphics how effective his teams have been when short a man.

He was most recently part of Gulutzan's staff in Calgary. He's also had stints in the AHL where even there, his teams were among the best on the PK.

Before he came on board with Gulutzan, Flames were 30th (last) place on the PK in 2015-16. In his first year running the PK, Flames jumped to 12th. And last year, they were 7th.

It could be a good move. There's two arguments that could be made here: a) CGY had a good roster (Backlund, Frolik + their D) or b) it's good to see they were 12th the year before with a subpar Elliott.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wouldn't be opposed to Roussel. Although I could live without him.

He's had good production for a Bottom-6 player.

2013-14: 29 pts (14G, 15A) in 81 games
2014-15: 25 pts (13G, 12A) in 80 games
2015-16: 29 pts (13G, 16A) in 80 games
2016-17: 27 pts (12G, 15A) in 60 games (37-point pace for a full 82 game season)
2017-18: 17 pts (5G, 12A) in 73 games (not his usual production so possibly an off year)

If he comes in, it makes having Shaw redundant.

Although I'd be happy with Deslauriers - DLR - Shaw or Deslauriers -DLR - Carr

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, he's a solid agitator. A player you WANT to have in the bottom six, not just some filler. So long as he comes at the right price

OK then, but cut bait with Shaw first.

Reactions: Habs76

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I wouldn't but he's coming off a 5 goal season with 126 pims, so I can see MB being all over that if he thinks he's got the right mix of character and attitude.

plus he's french...
plus Byron likely doesn't start the season ready to go...
plus Shaw is always a bump away from LTIR...

i'd be surprised if he doesn't get signed, and even more so if we don't overpay/pay a UFA premium for him.

completely consistent with how MB has managed the team thus far.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd take Roussell, he's an absolute idiot but he's a decent bottom 6 player and I'd rather someone with a use then Froese and L. Shaw

The problem with Bergevin is that he's a hoarder. It's not as if he'll add Roussell and get rid of Froese and L. Shaw.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I'd take Roussell, he's an absolute idiot but he's a decent bottom 6 player and I'd rather someone with a use then Froese and L. Shaw
For a team that finished 29th in scoring , 3rd and 4th line players aren’t the answer
You either sign or Trade for top talent or let this team burn to the ground for a few year
But then again this is Bergevin
Bozak, Pleks and Roussel. I love it...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For a team that finished 29th in scoring , 3rd and 4th line players aren’t the answer
You either sign or Trade for top talent or let this team burn to the ground for a few year
But then again this is Bergevin
Bozak, Pleks and Roussel. I love it...

There's no answers anywhere except to rebuild and draft.. they have no assets to make the team better and the core will age by the time any reinforcements come in through draft/develop.. Roussell is a perfect guy to have around during a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad