HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I saw that this morning but didn't post it since you could pretty much say the same thing about every pro scout on this team. What is it really saying? Could be the status quo or could be a change, no one knows. Hardly worth a tweet. Thanks Coleman, you putz.

could he replace Eric Crawford ?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
johnny t aint coming to montreal, says dreger.

I know Dreger said the opposite not too long ago but most of us never believed Tavares was going to choose Montreal anyway. There will be no quick fixes, MB is going to have to invest some sweat capital and find top 6 Cs the hard way.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I have Blair Mackasey and Alexandre Rouleau in the top of my list but my question was about Sean Burke who I would consider

Oh, I see. What is it that impresses you about Sean Burke? Why would you trust him?

I'm still trying to find out how those pro scouting individuals that recommended deadwood like King, Ott, Martinsen, Benn, Hemsky, Streit, Alzner etc., still have jobs. I'd like to know who they are and whether Burke and Crawford had anything to do with it. This is why I can't place any trust in whoever is handling pro scouting right now.

Apparently, their F-Bombs at the scouting meetings, didn't register all that much.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Oh, I see. What is it that impresses you about Sean Burke? Why would you trust him?

I'm still trying to find out how those pro scouting individuals that recommended deadwood like King, Ott, Martinsen, Benn, Hemsky, Streit, Alzner etc., still have jobs. I'd like to know who they are and whether Burke and Crawford had anything to do with it. This is why I can't place any trust in whoever is handling pro scouting right now.

Apparently, their F-Bombs at the scouting meetings, didn't register all that much.

I really think Burke is a good hockey head and he will have a job as a GM in the NHL. But Burke is 3rd in my list after MacKasey and Rouleau

Reactions: Dick Duff

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
johnny t aint coming to montreal, says dreger.
giphy.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I really think Burke is a good hockey head and he will have a job as a GM in the NHL. But Burke is 3rd in my list after MacKasey and Rouleau

What if it turned out that Burke was behind the Ott, King, Martinsen, Hemsky, Streit, Alzner etc. debacles? Would you not want to know who recommended that deadwood before endorsing anyone within the Habs pro scouting dept.?

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I know Dreger said the opposite not too long ago but most of us never believed Tavares was going to choose Montreal anyway. There will be no quick fixes, MB is going to have to invest some sweat capital and find top 6 Cs the hard way.
He needs to find one with Pacioretty, if that fails get a top four left hand dman for him and a 1st. DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He needs to find one with Pacioretty, if that fails get a top four left hand dman for him and a 1st. DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT

There are plenty of viable centers available to us in the 2nd round. Use all of those picks accordingly.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
What if it turned out that Burke was behind the Ott, King, Martinsen, Hemsky, Streit, Alzner etc. debacles? Would you not want to know who recommended that deadwood before endorsing anyone within the Habs pro scouting dept.?

not complicated look when Crawford was not there and it was Karpen: Petry Weise Vanek Weaver and when it’s Crawford that take the lead, it’s there that the pro scout was not good anymore ! the only 2 good moves where Byron and Danault but Danault is Bergevin 100 %

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
not complicated look when Crawford was not there and it was Karpen: Petry Weise Vanek Weaver and when it’s Crawford that take the lead, it’s there that the pro scout was not good anymore ! the only 2 good moves where Byron and Danault but Danault is Bergevin 100 %

Sure but do you know for certain that it's all on Crawford? I'm all for deductive logic but no one knows who recommended what behind closed doors. Do you know for a fact that Burke had nothing to do with all the deadwood that has been acquired during the time he's been here?

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
There are plenty of viable centers available to us in the 2nd round. Use all of those picks accordingly.
Poehling looks like a good find from last year too. So add to that with 4 2nd round selections and maybe if they can nab one in the 10-15 range via pick acquisition.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Sure but do you know for certain that it's all on Crawford? I'm all for deductive logic but no one knows who recommended what behind closed doors. Do you know for a fact that Burke had nothing to do with all the deadwood that has been acquired during the time he's been here?

he maybe has a thing to do, but what we heard in the league Burke has a solide reputation, but he is not my #1 candidate like I said Alexandre Rouleau and Blair MacKasey are my 2 big candidate ! But if Molson want to save money ..

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I don't understand, why wouldn't Tavares want to sign with one of the worst teams in the NHL? Plus he'd get to be coached by Clod Julien. And he'd have Price and Weber as teammates, that alone should want him to sign here.
First, Montreal started swearing like a bawsss. Then he started to be sarcastic. OK, who hacked his account?

:sarcasm:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I don't understand, why wouldn't Tavares want to sign with one of the worst teams in the NHL? Plus he'd get to be coached by Clod Julien. And he'd have Price and Weber as teammates, that alone should want him to sign here.
I don't understand how this team has been centerless for so long. The fact they ran with Desharnais so long just blows my mind.

They never draft them either. Bergevin says you can only draft them but then drafts dmen and wingers and rarely has a 2nd pick

Thankfully this year he has 4. But I really doubt they use all four to draft, I'm thinking 1-2 at least are used in a trade for hopefully a center!

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

You mean work the phones really hard and then exclaim that he's working hard and trades are hard? IF that is what you mean, then yeah hes going to invest some heavy sweat capital.

All the bergie fanboys are now in a state of disarray.... but but MB's plan was to get JT... now what?????

STASNEY....... :scared:

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016

Runner.... that's second guessing:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Makes me wonder how Bergevin missed the boat on getting Teravainen for pretty much free (2nd + cap dump Bickell?) . Isn't he plugged in to the Hawks? Possible center...for a second and cap space he wasn't going to use?

It's especially head shaking because it was well known that Timmins coveted Teravainen in his draft year. Makes one seriously wonder what Bergevin's "strategy meetings" entailed. The pro and amateur scouts should have been all over this.

Just another massive failure of many from the Bergevin Habs.

Censored Toad

Aug 8, 2016
I don't understand how this team has been centerless for so long. The fact they ran with Desharnais so long just blows my mind.

They never draft them either. Bergevin says you can only draft them but then drafts dmen and wingers and rarely has a 2nd pick

Thankfully this year he has 4. But I really doubt they use all four to draft, I'm thinking 1-2 at least are used in a trade for hopefully a center!

Well.... its pretty obvious on the best way to get centers... you trade your best prospects for a winger, change him into a center. If he excels, your a genius, if he fails well you got another wingers so its still a win.... AMIRIGHT!??! Plus centers are too hard to find, its easier to get a bunch of wingers and use them in C roles until one works out for ya!

#NextlevelGM-ing

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Wasn't Dreger the same guy that said that Therrien wouldn't get fired and he got fired like 2 days after? However I do agree that Tavares won't come here.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Updated original post with Daniel Jacob and Paul Wilson hirings. Although Wilson will touch on all businesses associated to Group CH, he will have his hands on Habs and Rocket, so I included him in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad