HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
RE: Roussell

Just what Montreal needs, a bottom of the line-up winger that agitates. For 2 mil plus.

That worked out so well for the team in the past.

Plus, with only Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Shaw, Hudon, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Byron, Deslaurier and Drouin (ideally) as wingers signed for next season plus Carr as an RFA, for only 8-9 spots, its clearly such a pressing need for the team.

It would be totally in character for Bergevin to spend resources that should be used more effectively elsewhere to not address a need because he likes the player though.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
when you think about next season but then realise the full rebuild is near

8RlJH.gif

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Honestly I think we NEED 1 more bad year to get a chance at Hughes...

Realistically we need too many pieces to make it work.

Drouin-Hughes-Zadina
Galchenyuk-Poehling-Gallagher

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Think the Jets will sign Stastny? Or be able to give him the long term contract he is most likely wanting? They have a number of high end RFA in next 2 years.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Besides Kovalchuk is there anybody undrafted that is playing well in KHL? Kind of like how Dadonov last year a few years ago with Panarin?

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
I heard the morning crew on TSN mention that Elias Lindholm might be in play. On the outside chance I'm not late to the party on this rumour, what do you guys think CAR would want for him?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I heard the morning crew on TSN mention that Elias Lindholm might be in play. On the outside chance I'm not late to the party on this rumour, what do you guys think CAR would want for him?

an other guy that where not sure if he is a center ? and Carolina want center, but why would they trade him if they think he could be a center ? that’s why I’m not sure I would try to get him

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Don't we already have a plethora of bottom 6 wingers?

We do. Bergie doesn't.

No more 4th liners please unless we drop some.

In MB's world you can never have enough 4th line wingers. They are worth their weight in copper.

I'd take Roussell, he's an absolute idiot but he's a decent bottom 6 player and I'd rather someone with a use then Froese and L. Shaw

The problem with Bergevin is that he's a hoarder. It's not as if he'll add Roussell and get rid of Froese and L. Shaw.

got to admit, little surprised MB hasn't been more busy, like re-signing waivers Shaw.

I'll never get tired of posting these :laugh:

C5tKBc_WUAAv-D_.jpg

C52p2kpXEAIU3b2.jpg

DMoqWWiVQAAHDaw.jpg

:popcorn:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd take Roussell, he's an absolute idiot but he's a decent bottom 6 player and I'd rather someone with a use then Froese and L. Shaw
The only reason we got Shaw instead of Roussel was because Bergevin had a prior working relationship with Shaw. If Bergevin had worked for Dallas instead of Chicago and had established a prior working relationship with Roussel, he would be a Hab today instead of Shaw.

This is how, in no particular order, players and staff are acquired under this current Habs regime:

1. Friend of Bergevin
2. Ex-teammate of Bergevin
3. Son of ex-teammate of Bergevin
4. Played for the Blackhawks when Bergevin worked there
5. Francophone with attitude/character/respect

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Updated original post with the signings of David Sklenička and Michal Moravčík, as well as AHL contract of Étienne Marcoux.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Besides Kovalchuk is there anybody undrafted that is playing well in KHL? Kind of like how Dadonov last year a few years ago with Panarin?

Last year, Czech center Jan Kovar was one of the more intriguing international players out there but he wasn’t able to come to the NHL since he had one more year left on his KHL deal. That has now expired and in an interview with VK’s Pavel Kadoshnikov (link in Russian), Kovar confirmed that he is leaving the KHL and is open to crossing the pond to play in North America. His offensive numbers were down in 2017-18 (35 points in 54 games after putting up 63 in 59 contests last year) but he did play well in the Olympics and should still garner some NHL interest. As he’s 28 years old, he falls outside the restrictions of the entry level system.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
BTW, didn't know where to post this, but heard from Fucale family's neighbour that the kid is returning to school to become an engineer. Has been good with the money he earned so far and has a good nest egg set aside for a kid his age. This could be his last year playing if he doesn't get a crack at the NHL somewhere.

Reactions: DAChampion

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I could see something where the centerpieces of the deal would revolve around Galchenyuk and Lindholm.

Obviously it would have to have other parts to it

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Marcoux, the question that is pronounced, "Marc who?"

Answer: A Bouchardian recommendation.

In a move that looks influenced by new Laval Rocket head coach Jöel Bouchard, the Montreal Canadiens have a new goaltender in their system. Étienne Marcoux has been signed to an AHL contract for the 2018-19 season. Bouchard may not have coached him, but he is most likely familiar with his work.

Another Armada alumni transitions to the Rocket. Or the ECHL. On verra.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
First Niemi and now Marcoux... I get the feeling there might be interest in Lindgren and we are making arrangements without him on our roster next year (both Habs and Laval). I can only wonder what a Patch and Lindgren combo gets us in return and I have packaged them together for a while now

Reactions: scrubadam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad