HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
First Niemi and now Marcoux... I get the feeling there might be interest in Lindgren and we are making arrangements without him on our roster next year (both Habs and Laval). I can only wonder what a Patch and Lindgren combo gets us in return and I have packaged them together for a while now

We arent going to trade Lindgren when he just signed a 3 year contract extension

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We arent going to trade Lindgren when he just signed a 3 year contract extension

Not sure I agree. His value is very solid when added to Patch. Where are we playing him? Niemi is a good back-up to Price and we got Marcoux and McNiven to battle for jobs in Laval. Of course Lindgren can battle Niemi for the back-up job or the starting job with Laval but I wonder what the plan is for him now that we have signed both Niemi and Marcoux

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Not sure I agree. His value is very solid when added to Patch. Where are we playing him? Niemi is a good back-up to Price and we got Marcoux and McNiven to battle for jobs in Laval. Of course Lindgren can battle Niemi for the back-up job or the starting job with Laval but I wonder what the plan is for him now that we have signed both Niemi and Marcoux

His value isnt solid at all. He's probably worth at best a 4th round pick right now. Goalies who arent established in the nhl arent worth much.

Marcoux signed a two-way contract between the echl and ahl. He likely goes to the echl.
Mcniven and Lindgren will be the ahl goalies. Fucale won't be re-signed.

If we trade Lindgren, who will be our nhl backup in 2 years? We have no one.
Lindgren will have much more value once he shows he's a solid nhl back-up. I see him being traded when he only has 1 year left on his contract.
After that McNiven, Hawkey or maybe even Primeau could be our nhl backup.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Never bad to get a free signing. Might be for ECHL; It might be for insurance for a trade; it might be just a chance on a pickup. Good to see Bergevin making moves. Hopefully more to come.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
His value isnt solid at all. He's probably worth at best a 4th round pick right now. Goalies who arent established in the nhl arent worth much.

Marcoux signed a two-way contract between the echl and ahl. He likely goes to the echl.

Lindgren will have much more value once he showns he's a solid nhl back-up. I see him being traded when he only has 1 year left on his contract.

His value with Patch. We disagree. I think he has more value than a 4th round pick. Imagine picking a goalie with a 4th round pick and he even makes the NHL? Alone by himself, it's hard to gauge as he needs a larger sample size. However there are people are are raising eyebrows at what Lindgren has done so far in his 17 games... especially on our team that is suppose to be "nothing without Price"

Reactions: Bacchus1

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In Bouchard I trust

2b62os.jpg

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Lindgren will have much more value once he shows he's a solid nhl back-up. I see him being traded when he only has 1 year left on his contract.
After that McNiven, Hawkey or maybe even Primeau could be our nhl backup.

just sign one in the UFA like when we signed Montoya Budaj and Auld.. that’s not a problem !

for the rest of the text, I agree 100 % ! Lindgren has no value.. they are a bunched of Lindgren in the AHL, he’s not Demko or Hart

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
First Niemi and now Marcoux... I get the feeling there might be interest in Lindgren and we are making arrangements without him on our roster next year (both Habs and Laval). I can only wonder what a Patch and Lindgren combo gets us in return and I have packaged them together for a while now

Marcoux is bound for the ECHL. It's just an AHL contract. Habs have Hawkey to sign at the end of next season & can't afford to have too many goalies under ELC.

Fucale is gone. Niemi backs up Price. Lindgren/McNiven in Laval. Marcoux the 3rd string in ECHL.

We'll see how Hawkey does this year.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
His value with Patch. We disagree. I think he has more value than a 4th round pick. Imagine picking a goalie with a 4th round pick and he even makes the NHL? Alone by himself, it's hard to gauge as he needs a larger sample size. However there are people are are raising eyebrows at what Lindgren has done so far in his 17 games... especially on our team that is suppose to be "nothing without Price"

Montoya traded for a 4th.
Mrazek traded for a 3rd.

Those guys are nhl goalies and havent returned much.

Even if you think Lindgren has solid value, don't you think he will have even more value in a year or two once he becomes our nhl backup goalie?
Trading him right now would a bad bad decision.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
BTW, didn't know where to post this, but heard from Fucale family's neighbour that the kid is returning to school to become an engineer. Has been good with the money he earned so far and has a good nest egg set aside for a kid his age. This could be his last year playing if he doesn't get a crack at the NHL somewhere.

Might start looking to buy his books already. Anyway, good for him to realize that and doing something he likes.

If true, I wish him all the best.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I heard the morning crew on TSN mention that Elias Lindholm might be in play. On the outside chance I'm not late to the party on this rumour, what do you guys think CAR would want for him?

I the about 1400 face offs he has taken in the last 2 years , Lindholm has won about 55% of them. For what that's worth.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
These are all depth signings for the AHL. A stacked Brampton means a better Rocket when habs call up their top prospects.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I the about 1400 face offs he has taken in the last 2 years , Lindholm has won about 55% of them. For what that's worth.

I still like your idea of or variation thereof involving Lindholm, Hanifin and their 2nd OA and using our 3rd OA and assets to get it done.

Reactions: Laurentide

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Honestly I think we NEED 1 more bad year to get a chance at Hughes...

Realistically we need too many pieces to make it work.

Drouin-Hughes-Zadina
Galchenyuk-Poehling-Gallagher

Honestly I think we NEED 2 or 3 more bad years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad