*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
I agree moose looked good against gatineau...don't think they had one of their better games.....honestly tho as a fan. Ashley gets hit in head trying to duck....lies like he was shot by a sniper and comes back out one shift later...appeared to bark at the ref the whole way to the bench...then comes out one shift later on the power play....wow what a recovery...and Elhers was down twice as long...trying to get a major call?take the hit. Get off the ice. If they stay down that long they should at least have to go to the dressing room for a bit.....I thought stretchers would have to be brought out for both players.....this type of play will not work in playoffs. May even hurt them...watched both replays and one was a good hard check the other was a swat in the head with a glove

Might be worth noting that Ashley didn't return after that period and missed the game against Bathurst due to injury.

OMG

Mar 19, 2013
believe he played the second but not the third....happened right in front of me....and saw it on archived games

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Craig MacTavish was at the game tonight against Charlottetown. I figure he was probably there checking out Ehlers. Ehlers of course had a strong game tonight and scored 2g 2a.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Craig MacTavish was at the game tonight against Charlottetown. I figure he was probably there checking out Ehlers. Ehlers of course had a strong game tonight and scored 2g 2a.

Yes he would have had a lot to look at last night. Ehlers really is a joy to watch. Such a great Euro draft pick.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Mooseheads have 8 games left:

@ Bathurst
@ Moncton
@ Cape Breton
vs. Charlottetown
@ Saint John
@ Charlottetown
vs. Saint John
vs. Cape Breton

Finishing the season 13-0 isn't unrealistic.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
It's not unrealistic but it will be tough. They have struggled all year with Moncton and CB is always a fight.

(mod edit)Most of the last 12 games are against teams in the basement of the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
It's not unrealistic but it will be tough. They have struggled all year with Moncton and CB is always a fight.

(mod edit)Most of the last 12 games are against teams in the basement of the league.
I'm sure they'll be up for that game against Moncton. I can't see them finishing 2-for-9 versus the Wildcats this year. The two games against the Eagles will be great. Got tickets for game #68, looking forward to it.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
I feel it in me. The moose can win it all again.
The President's Cup is up for grabs. The second round is going to be impossible to predict, it would shake up like this if it were to start tomorrow (provided there were no upsets):

BACvsDRM (season series tied 2-2)
BLBvsGAT (Olympiques lead season series 4-1-1)
HFXvsQUE:scared: (season series tied 1-1)
RIMvsVDO (season series tied 2-2)

:laugh:

Can't wait.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
hows the first round look?

As uninteresting as any other year:

BACvsSNB (BAC is 2-0-0-0)
BLBvsCHA (BLB is 2-0-0-0)
HFXvsBAT (HFX is 8-0-0-0)
RIMvsCHI (CHI is 3-1-0-0)
VDOvsMNC (VDO is 2-0-0-0)
QUEvsCAP (CAP is 2-0-0-0)
GATvsVIC (VIC is 2-1-0-1)
DRMvsROU (tied 2-2)

A couple of good series but a few series that will almost certainly be over in 4.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
The President's Cup is up for grabs. The second round is going to be impossible to predict, it would shake up like this if it were to start tomorrow (provided there were no upsets):

BACvsDRM (season series tied 2-2)
BLBvsGAT (Olympiques lead season series 4-1-1)
HFXvsQUE:scared: (season series tied 1-1)
RIMvsVDO (season series tied 2-2)

:laugh:

Can't wait.

Halifax lost both games against the Rempart this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad