*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
These recent two losses are disappointing.

Rimouski is 3rd in their division. We should have won that game handily.

We have had our back and forth with Moncton this season but there is no way they should be beating us 6-2.

I can only assume they were tired from the previous night + travel.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Well CB could give us trouble then we have a back to back the following night. I have no expectation of what will happen but I am not going to be surprised if they struggle a little bit longer.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Entertaining game tonight against Cb with 3 fights in the game and one right afterwards. The officiating was not great this game either. I did not see why Ryan got an instigator for his scrap. Also junior hockey is getting ridiculous with all the misconducts they call these day. I was glad to see Drouin didn't get hurt while shedding his mitts too.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Hey there children! Today's word of the day is.... STUPID! Brought to you by the Halifax Mooseheads!

Drouin fighting Hache: STUPID

Mac using a CB jersey to wipe the glass and throw it on the ice and stomp on it at the end of the game: STUPID

Ashley purposely skating by the CB bench and taunting them after the OT goal: STUPID

Its takes a great deal for me to get riled up, but tonight had me disappointed in being a fan. Some of this stuff tonight had me shaking my head.:shakehead

Everyone, especially Drouin, should be sending Hache a "thank you" card for not pounding his face in.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hey there children! Today's word of the day is.... STUPID! Brought to you by the Halifax Mooseheads!

Drouin fighting Hache: STUPID

Mac using a CB jersey to wipe the glass and throw it on the ice and stomp on it at the end of the game: STUPID

Ashley purposely skating by the CB bench and taunting them after the OT goal: STUPID

Its takes a great deal for me to get riled up, but tonight had me disappointed in being a fan. Some of this stuff tonight had me shaking my head.:shakehead

Everyone, especially Drouin, should be sending Hache a "thank you" card for not pounding his face in.

Someone sticking up for their teammate: not stupid.

Ashley skating by the CB bench and getting slashed because he scored the game-winner: not stupid.

A mascot being a mascot: paid to be stupid.

Lighten up. That game was out of control from the beginning but the reasons you give aren't the reasons to be upset.

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS
Someone sticking up for their teammate: not stupid.

Ashley skating by the CB bench and getting slashed because he scored the game-winner: not stupid.

A mascot being a mascot: paid to be stupid.

Lighten up. That game was out of control from the beginning but the reasons you give aren't the reasons to be upset.

Sorry but I don't subscribe to the "fight after a clean hit" philosophy. Even considering Hache's past, there's no need to fight there.

Why was he slashed? It definitely wasn't because he scored. It was because he decided to stare directly at the CB bench and do the jersey thing. Ashley should know better than to incite the other team like that. There's a way to celebrate and a way not to celebrate.

Mascots being stupid i have no issue with... but that was rather classless.

You mean to tell me that had situation 2 and 3 been reversed, you wouldn't be upset? I really find that hard to believe.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
An exciting game. Lots of stuff to talk about. Gonna basically copy/paste some stuff from my FB post :D

- Drouin
I am conflicted. Yes it was a clean hit. But after seeing some frustrating (and frustrated) behavior as of late from Jo, it was nice to see him take this fight for his teammate. Team spirit, which is not something you see from him. A far cry from him turning around and x-checking Luca on the way to the dressing room. While it may not have been the best choice I dont think we can point to this necessarily as the turning point - Jo does not contribute that much defensively to the team to lay the blame there. Hache lets not forget also is the one responsible for Gadoury being out right now. To his credit, he was beasting coming out of the box in OT and that led to the GWG.

- Connor Moynihan
His header into the ice looked pretty bad but we saw him in the pressbox later in the game so I dont think it was too serious but if I were a betting man I would say he is out with a concussion. Concussions have been a real problem for us this year.

- Vuic
Last night's fight was exactly what we needed from him but overall I am beginning to kind of hate Vuic's play. I get that he is an enforcer but he is looking to stir up **** at the wrong times. He kind of goes out there and looks for places to throw his weight around. A few games now he had already been ejected when we really needed him.

His foolishness almost cost us our first PP (which we scored on) and then later he was skating behind a CB player after the whistle fishing his stick between the guys legs to trip him up - just stupid nonense and he already has a target on his back as far as the refs are concerned.

Several times he was carrying the puck from the corner instead of being parked in front of the net where he belongs (man I miss Fournier).

IMO most nights he is a liability on the ice.

- Hardie
STUPID interference penalty at the start of the game. No need for this and this is becoming a trend for him. With Lovell out we need him on the ice.

- Murphy
Mr. Turnover. He had 3 soft turnovers in a very short time in the D and neutral zones last night at key moments that could have been costly...

- Misconducts
Maybe I havent been paying attention but is it normal for an auto-misconduct to be handed out along with the instigation penalty?

- Gadoury
Man I miss him on the ice, esp on the PP. I heard he skated at practice this week so hopefully he should be back really soon.

Edit:
- Fucale
Seems off his game. Two goals tonight looked like pretty soft ones right through his pads. He has been pulled twice in recent games. Hope he can right himself.

Last edited:

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Any predictions on tonights game?

Frankly lately I am becoming worried. Our annihilation by the Remparts, dropping losses to Rimouski and a 6-2 road loss to Moncton. Blowing a 3-goal lead late in the game.

CB is ike 15 pts behind us and we had to fight to win this one. Tonight we play a team who is *1* point behind us...

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
Much better effort from the boys tonight. It was a pretty physical game but nothing I would call blatantly dirty, Gatineau is just a very tough team. Super fun to play against. Baie Comeau on the other hand...

What's the prognosis for Meier and ashley?

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
Decent game tonight against Gatineau. For the second night in a row there were goals, big hits and fights. Steeves was bad in nets tonight and that helped the Moose as we scored 5 goals on the first 11 shots. Kind of neat to see Martin Brodeur's son in goal in person knowing his father is one of the greatest at the position all time. I thought Ehlers was a beast tonight on his birthday. There were some big hits and a few head shots tonight too. Ashley took a nasty shot as did Ehlers. Good win tonight especially considering how many regulars were out.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
- Vuic
Last night's fight was exactly what we needed from him but overall I am beginning to kind of hate Vuic's play. I get that he is an enforcer but he is looking to stir up **** at the wrong times. He kind of goes out there and looks for places to throw his weight around. A few games now he had already been ejected when we really needed him.

His foolishness almost cost us our first PP (which we scored on) and then later he was skating behind a CB player after the whistle fishing his stick between the guys legs to trip him up - just stupid nonense and he already has a target on his back as far as the refs are concerned.

Several times he was carrying the puck from the corner instead of being parked in front of the net where he belongs (man I miss Fournier).

IMO most nights he is a liability on the ice.

I thought Vuic had generally a really good game against CB and showed that he can actually play hockey. He was effective on the forecheck a number of times and get the play alive. Even made a couple nice passes.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
I thought Vuic had generally a really good game against CB and showed that he can actually play hockey. He was effective on the forecheck a number of times and get the play alive. Even made a couple nice passes.

You know you are in the twighlight Zone when Drouin takes a fight and Vuic nearly scores the GWG! :D

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
Much better effort from the boys tonight. It was a pretty physical game but nothing I would call blatantly dirty, Gatineau is just a very tough team. Super fun to play against. Baie Comeau on the other hand...

What's the prognosis for Meier and ashley?

Agreed. Solid 3-period play. Nice to see this type of win.

Meier had back spasms, Ashley "undisclosed". They are both being evaluated today. I sure hope Lovell and Gadoury are back soon.

http://metronews.ca/sports/941690/b...ites-mooseheads-to-5-1-victory-over-gatineau/

Anyone else do a double take when they saw the name bar on the back of the Gatineau backup goalie ? :amazed:

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
He had a CB jersey and a squirt bottle. At first he was using it to wipe the windows of the penalty box and then made his way behind the CB bench. Then at the end of the game he was on the ice and threw the jersey on the ice and stomped on it.

rough

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS

OMG

Mar 19, 2013
I agree moose looked good against gatineau...don't think they had one of their better games.....honestly tho as a fan. Ashley gets hit in head trying to duck....lies like he was shot by a sniper and comes back out one shift later...appeared to bark at the ref the whole way to the bench...then comes out one shift later on the power play....wow what a recovery...and Elhers was down twice as long...trying to get a major call?take the hit. Get off the ice. If they stay down that long they should at least have to go to the dressing room for a bit.....I thought stretchers would have to be brought out for both players.....this type of play will not work in playoffs. May even hurt them...watched both replays and one was a good hard check the other was a swat in the head with a glove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad