*OFFICIAL* Halifax Mooseheads 2013-2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRM7

Mar 25, 2013
Anyone know if there's tickets left? Assuming not. They just haven't said anything on twitter about it.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
The Moose have looked really solid in their first two playoff games. Just have to stay away from the rough stuff when Charlottetown gets frustrated. Halifax has plenty of scoring, patience will be key as the competition stiffens. Getting a healthy Hardie and Andrews back will be key as well. I hope we don't see either for the remainder of the series and that they're ready to go for the start of next round, where they'll be needed.

Shout out to Mackenzie Weegar, who, in my opinion, has developed himself into the best 2-way defenseman in the Q. He can skate. He breaks out well. He's a heady passer and he's generally responsible at both ends of the ice. He also logs tons of minutes for Ducharme.

59 points in 61 regular season games. +56 rating, second only to Ehlers.
5 assists in two playoff games thus far.

To put his season into perspective, Mack's 2013-2014 season was more productive than Abeltshauser's 2012-2013 season.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
The Moose have looked really solid in their first two playoff games. Just have to stay away from the rough stuff when Charlottetown gets frustrated. Halifax has plenty of scoring, patience will be key as the competition stiffens. Getting a healthy Hardie and Andrews back will be key as well. I hope we don't see either for the remainder of the series and that they're ready to go for the start of next round, where they'll be needed.

Shout out to Mackenzie Weegar, who, in my opinion, has developed himself into the best 2-way defenseman in the Q. He can skate. He breaks out well. He's a heady passer and he's generally responsible at both ends of the ice. He also logs tons of minutes for Ducharme.

To put his season into perspective, Mack's 2013-2014 season was more productive than Abeltshauser's 2012-2013 season.

He's clearly a very solid defenseman. Great find for Halifax and a really good story after getting NHL drafted. I've had the pleasure of watching him play dozens of times. It's not very often you get a dman with his offensive instincts and physical defensive play. Like you mention , he's a two-way defender that can skate , pass , sees the ice well, hits, block shots. I'd have to agree that he's probably the most well rounded defenseman in the league. He can do it all.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
How does a playoff game not sell out? I see this as a short series.
You answered your own question. The first round of the Q playoffs is generally a joke, with a 'good' year comprising 5 to 6 no-contest mismatches and 2 to 3 competitive series. A bad year will see 7 routs and 1 competitive or upset. It's a little hard to get excited about going to a game in which you all but know the outcome before it starts.

The Moose/Isles series is playing out as a slaughter so far and doesn't look like it will go past 4 games. The Isles have some good young talent but they just can't skate with the Moose for 60 minutes.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax

I also want to give props to Brendan Duke. He was never my fave but he was been very solid as of late and I notice him doing a lot of the little things really well - makes a big a difference.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
(mod edit)I am surprised (esp the last game) by just how despicable Liam Alcalde is to his former teammates - I am starting to think there may be no love lost there - He and Brian Lovell exchanged words and looks and I was really hoping Lovell would clean his clock.

Last edited by a moderator:

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
(mod edit)I am surprised (esp the last game) by just how despicable Liam Alcalde is to his former teammates - I am starting to think there may be no love lost there - He and Brian Lovell exchanged words and looks and I was really hoping Lovell would clean his clock.
I like Alcade more in Charlottetown than I did here.:laugh: He's brought an edge to this series and has gotten into the grill of Meier, Lovell and others. I've been impressed with him so far.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
@HFXMooseheads
Brandon Vuic has been suspended for Game 3 tomorrow night in Charlottetown as he's been handed the aggressor in his fight with Henley.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
I like Alcade more in Charlottetown than I did here.:laugh: He's brought an edge to this series and has gotten into the grill of Meier, Lovell and others. I've been impressed with him so far.

I like Alcade in Charlottetown because he is no longer wasting one of our roster spots. It must be weird for him getting more then five minutes of ice time at the Metro Center.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
I don't remember it being mentioned around here, but couldn't Tampa recall Jo for a potential Cup run this year? They look pretty good.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't find a radio link for the game. Any reason there isn't one???

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Has anyone heard if tonight's game is going to be postponed? I would have to think it is, but I haven't heard anything official yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad