Official 2018 IIHF World Championship Thread

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Well, I guess I’ll be seeing you next year boys.

Great Britain.... Great f***ing Britain have just completed consecutive promotions and are now in the Elite level of the World Champs. We needed a point against the Hungarian hosts tonight in Budapest and we did it, with 15.5 seconds to go. Unbelievable scenes, ending the celebrations four rows and fifteen seats away from where I started.

That’s right, GB vs Canada. GB vs USA. We were ranked around 35th in the world until recently. We’re now in the top division. Absolutely incredible.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well, I guess I’ll be seeing you next year boys.

Great Britain.... Great ****ing Britain have just completed consecutive promotions and are now in the Elite level of the World Champs. We needed a point against the Hungarian hosts tonight in Budapest and we did it, with 15.5 seconds to go. Unbelievable scenes, ending the celebrations four rows and fifteen seats away from where I started.

That’s right, GB vs Canada. GB vs USA. We were ranked around 35th in the world until recently. We’re now in the top division. Absolutely incredible.

Will be interesting to see if anyone joins the team by then due to the stage.

Danny Taylor would be a nice one... though Bowns was great, and not sure if Taylor eligible since he played a few times for Canada the other year.

Or try and convince Brendan Perlini. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Perlini is an interesting one. Played for Canada in juniors but definite eligibility for GB through blood? Any idea?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Perlini is an interesting one. Played for Canada in juniors but definite eligibility for GB through blood? Any idea?
Pretty sure he would have to play a few years in GB since he already played for Canada in IIHF sanctioned events like the u18s and u20s.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Pretty sure he would have to play a few years in GB since he already played for Canada in IIHF sanctioned events like the u18s and u20s.

Yeh, I think that would likely be the case.

Can always just take his cousin Scott Conway instead! (I actually think that might happen. Good NCAA player who has very minimal chance of ever playing for Canada at any level. Plus he spent until age ~13 in the UK.)

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth

I'm f**king tired of Koshechkin! Why in this world you play a 35 yo goalie when you have great youngsters in Sorokin and Shestyorkin!?

Reactions: Morinisbear

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
It's gonna be fun to watch Necas though. Hope Kaut does well too.

Zadina and Nečas were the ones I kept watching during the U20s every single shift. Hope Nečas does well this time again. I am genuinely curious what chances Kaut gets from the coaching staff

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Zadina and Nečas were the ones I kept watching during the U20s every single shift. Hope Nečas does well this time again. I am genuinely curious what chances Kaut gets from the coaching staff

I have Necas in both of my fantasy leagues as an NA player (soon to be playing next year I think) and I watched him during the U20 and he was f***ing unreal. Fast and crazy good hands.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Per Swiss source, Raffl is not playing against the Swiss today, the coach is expecting him to play in the 3rd game at earliest (Slovakia, 8th of May)

I wish Kaše didnt get injured, ugh...

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Making Klingberg almost fall over in the corner was especially fun... against that fantastic Swedish D he showed zero fear and could easily skate with them.

Almost scored in the first today (loose in slot, puck out of reach), and set up a nice chance too.
I was really surprised that the coach let him play only just over 6 min.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Lol I really like how players treat world championships as a pick me up after the grind of playing for some despicable teams. Colorado and Edmonton players were always strongly represented.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Gudas was the ice time leader for the Czechs tonight, see below. Frustrating penalty taken in the first, lead to the Slovaks first goal immediately as you can see from my previous comment, heh. Other than that, he had a few surprising offensive moves, went to the OZ corners twice or so, made a good play in the 3 on 3, although the wrist shot was absolutely not dangerous.

PjtgNka.png

Nečas went full speed to the boards after a breakaway, I fear mild concussion there, he lied down as a snow angel or whatever it is called.. Had a nervous game, but came up big with tying goal in the last 10 seconds of the 3rd. Kaut didnt play

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Gudas was the ice time leader for the Czechs tonight, see below. Frustrating penalty taken in the first, lead to the Slovaks first goal immediately as you can see from my previous comment, heh. Other than that, he had a few surprising offensive moves, went to the OZ corners twice or so, made a good play in the 3 on 3, although the wrist shot was absolutely not dangerous.

PjtgNka.png

Nečas went full speed to the boards after a breakaway, I fear mild concussion there, he lied down as a snow angel or whatever it is called.. Had a nervous game, but came up big with tying goal in the last 10 seconds of the 3rd. Kaut didnt play
Gudas must be happier than anyone else about Manning's departure. Did he even played with other dmen beside badko?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad