Official 2018 IIHF World Championship Thread

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
They’re still taking penalties. :laugh:

Good news is I cant imagine them taking a major, I mean how possibly would any of them get so much strength? The only way is unsporstmanlike conduct, like saying something really really horrible to the ref? :laugh:

Whats even more hilarious is that they still have less PIM than we did against the Swiss...... (no major there too)

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Good news is I cant imagine them taking a major, I mean how possibly would any of them get so much strength? The only way is unsporstmanlike conduct, like saying something really really horrible to the ref? :laugh:

Whats even more hilarious is that they still have less PIM than we did against the Swiss...... (no major there too)

They’ve been chasing the puck all game. I think they’ve been gassed for a while now.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
4 games today. USA 13 goals. Score of the other 3 games today combined, 13 goals in total (3:0; 5:2; 0:3)

El. Oh. El.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just goes to show how bad the competition at the Olympics was.

The good news is they already got the big boys out of the way with Finland, Canada, & USA. The bad news is they still lost to Germany 6-1 & Latvia 5-0. They got Denmark & Norway left. Denmark should beat them handily. Norway could be at least close.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Gudas' defensive game in one photo
Z-qVkBvRqAA.jpg

Reactions: dats81

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Austria stay up. 4-0 win over Belarus. Raffl 1g, 1a.

Was for me Austria's best player today, and won player of the game last game vs France.

Sushko did not get a shift today. Which is pretty silly given how little offensive talent the Belarussians have. Basically Sharangovich, Materukhin, Linglet and Platt and not much else. Considering that Sushko played pretty well in limited minutes in first few games, and outplayed Sharangovich (who is 1C and PP1 netfront) at the WJC would think he would get some chances.

Have to think in part it is down to Dave Lewis not being the coach anymore... fired halfway through tourney and had been vocal about wanting Sushko on the team beforehand.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
These games are incredibly useless. It only leads to players having 3.00 PPG and players getting injured - yesterday we lost Nestrašil due to a Belarussian hit, today Chytil was elbowed in the head by some Frenchman. Useless.

And Texier acts like a damn brat. Bitches a lot but hides behind people who are actually physically mature.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Canada adds Kyle Turris with their last roster spot. Their positional players are probably the best group but the goaltending is horrendous with Kuemper & McElhinney.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Raffl just stared down Michal Jordán.... I got a feeling there are some development points from Jeff Hakstok

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Canada is awful

The goaltending is what it is but you’d hope the other guys would at least play well enough. Some bigger names aren’t playing up to their talent so far there.

But we’ll see, some times teams go the opposite way in the medal round compared to the prelim games for better or worse.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The goaltending is what it is but you’d hope the other guys would at least play well enough. Some bigger names aren’t playing up to their talent so far there.

But we’ll see, some times teams go the opposite way in the medal round compared to the prelim games for better or worse.
For sure they are weak in goal....but they are not scoring either which makes no sense.

Clearly they miss Hakstol behind the bench!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->