Prospect Info: [Official] 2016 Draft Thread V.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggbose

Oct 12, 2015
I just think with all the guys we mentioned there could be a couple really good steals in the 10-20 range

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Looks like Bleackley isn't going to be signed by the Coyotes, meaning they'll get the 53rd pick in the draft. That bumps our 53rd and 55th picks and all those afterwards down one spot.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Looks like Bleackley isn't going to be signed by the Coyotes, meaning they'll get the 53rd pick in the draft. That bumps our 53rd and 55th picks and all those afterwards down one spot.

He hasn't shown any production improvement for the last 3 years. Some team might gamble a lower pick on him this year though, he still has the tools. Just needs to be more assertive and quicker. Ddidn't seem like a goto player this year.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Out of the top 3 D how would you guys rank them for the following offence, defense, IQ, transition game and potential. For me it would go like this.

Offence
1.Sergachyov
2.Chychrun
3.Juolevi

Defense
1.Chychrun
2.Juolevi & Sergachyov (about tied)

IQ
1.Juolevi
2.Sergachyov
3.Chychrun (Although I think its higher than many give it credit for.)

Not really sure how to rank their transition game but from what I've seen Chychrun has a great ability to skate the puck out of danger and Juolevi has a very nice breakout pass.

Potential
1.Sergachyov
2.Chychrun
3.Juolevi

Overall I'd prefer Chychrun or Sergachyov but I wouldn't be disappointed with Juolevi either.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
If I had to make style comparisons (not talent level)

Juolevi = Brodin
Chychrun = Doughty
Sergachyev = Gonchar

From what I've seen (which isn't a whole lot mind you) I see it as more like:

Juolevi = Bouwmeester with a better shot
Chychrun = Seabrook with a slightly more offensive side (I don't like the Doughty comparison as I feel its not quite there. His skating isn't nearly as good)
Sergachyev = Zubov (blast from the past!)

Meatpuppet42

May 14, 2015
Does not matter who is the better D, Calgary will pick best FW available @ 6
Dubois Tkachuk Nylander

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
No they will take BPA. If that's a forward them yes but, if not we will take a D.

For me:
Chychrun
Juolevi
Sergachev

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I think Chychrun is the only one with legit #1 upside, but he's still risky. I really want a forward.

Draft picks by talent:

1/2 Laine/ Matthews
3. Puljujarvi
4. Tkachuk (Was a monster in the playoffs. Way more skilled than Keith with same heart)
5. Dubois
6. Alex Nylander (Unlike his father the league has changed for his play style.)
7. Juolevi
8. Chychrun
9. Jost
10. Sergachev

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
I think Chychrun is the only one with legit #1 upside, but he's still risky. I really want a forward.

I'm hoping BPA turns out to be a forward too. That said if it isn't then I will be happy with a D.

I like the depth on D a lot better than I like the forward depth this year, in round 2 I think we can pick up 1-2 very good D prospects. If we go D at #6 though, I have a hard time seeing us use more than 1 2nd on a D. That is my rationale behind wanting BPA to be a forward at 6 but if not I am still happy with a Dman.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
I'm hoping BPA turns out to be a forward too. That said if it isn't then I will be happy with a D.

I like the depth on D a lot better than I like the forward depth this year, in round 2 I think we can pick up 1-2 very good D prospects. If we go D at #6 though, I have a hard time seeing us use more than 1 2nd on a D. That is my rationale behind wanting BPA to be a forward at 6 but if not I am still happy with a Dman.

I think there are gonna be some great forwards in the second round too. I'd be stoked to get one of Tage Thompson, Sam Steel, Will Bitten, or Dillon Dube

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
haha in the sens board mock draft, Tkachuk landed at 6.

i was gonna take Juolevi but i couldn't pass on Tkachuk.

Meatpuppet42

May 14, 2015
My take on this interview with BB is the player they wanted is pick 6 or better.
Top 3 guys are gone and he did not want a D (because he did not want pick 7 or higher) so all that is left to pick is
Matt Tkachuk
Pierre-Luc Dubois
Alex Nylander
Whoever is left on the board that is who they will pick

FF to the 7:45 mark
http://www.tsn.ca/nh...s-firing~861793

Aug 21, 2014
Dubois was still on the board. Chychrun and Nylander went 4/5 I went with need IMO.

I feel Calgary already has centres in place but need a D or wing in the first.

PLD plays all 3 forward positions. He actually plays LW the least. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad