OT: Off Topic Thread XIII: Keep Pounding Panthers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Crazy times with the riots in the Ukraine, Thailand and Venezuela.

The use of snipers on the protestors in Kiev just sickens me. Even going as far as reportedly shooting medics that go to help the downed protestors. I can't wrap my brain around living somewhere that there is authorization to actively snipe away at the city's people. It should never get to that point.

Also, google fiber coming to Raleigh? Perhaps. Time will tell.
Google is now looking to expand Google Fiber to 34 cities in nine new metro areas: Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, Phoenix, Portland, Raleigh-Durham, and San Jose. For a complete list of cities, hit up the Google Fiber website.
http://www.extremetech.com/computin...-to-34-new-cities-comcast-quakes-in-its-boots

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
The use of snipers on the protestors in Kiev just sickens me. Even going as far as reportedly shooting medics that go to help the downed protestors. I can't wrap my brain around living somewhere that there is authorization to actively snipe away at the city's people. It should never get to that point.

The government actively supporting shooting of their own people - no wonder the Ukrainians are protesting. Sure the things have gotten out of hands on both sides of the riots since some of the rioters are using firearms too so the police using arms for self-defence I can understand. But shooting a medic who's helping another shot person is no self-defence - it's a crime even in war. There has to be another way to calm down the riots.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
EdFG38u.png

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
The government actively supporting shooting of their own people - no wonder the Ukrainians are protesting. Sure the things have gotten out of hands on both sides of the riots since some of the rioters are using firearms too so the police using arms for self-defence I can understand. But shooting a medic who's helping another shot person is no self-defence - it's a crime even in war. There has to be another way to calm down the riots.

State ran terrorism. Lots of civil unrest happening.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Always nice to beat Duke when they're ranked ahead of us. This has been a weird year. Obviously the ceiling is pretty high, based on beating the top 4 preseason teams (heard that this morning).

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So the Indiana Pacers sent Danny Granger to Philadelphia for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen.

Geez Sixers, I know you're tanking and all, but could you make it any more obvious?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'm confused. Most sports games come out like a month or so before the start of the regular season, which makes sense. This year's MLB The Show, however, is coming out April 1st for PS3 and the PS4 version isn't coming out till May. Spring training starts on Tuesday and opening day is in March. Odd timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad