OT: Off Topic Thread XIII: Keep Pounding Panthers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Not a "Drop the Mic" moment, but still pretty funny.

Blake Bortles on Manziel:

Blake Bortles said:
“all I know is that I’ll be trustworthy, I won’t embarrass an organization off the field by making any bad decisions or anything like that. Won’t embarrass my family’s name, and will be a trustworthy guy, a trustworthy player.â€

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Call me crazy but if I'm the Houston GM I'm seriously considering taking Clowney over Manziel/Bortles/Bridgewater etc. Watt/Clowney on paper would be a pretty epic duo and an opposing teams QB nightmare.

But Houston probably needs a QB more than anything.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I may have mentioned this before, if I have, I apologise but bear with me. Does anyone else do this? :laugh:

So, I'm flipping channels a few hours ago, typical sunday late nite, nothing is on.

And low and behold. I find Alien 3. Not the best movie ever, but certainly not the worst, so I'm like "Meh. Might as well watch it. It's too early for bed."

Then I start flipping back and forth to Walking Dead, Family Guy and sports highlights during commercials and it occurs to me that I own the unrated version of Alien 3 on no less than five different mediums (VHS, DVD, Blu Ray and two different collectors edition things), so why am I watching the edited for tv version with commercials when I literally could just walk to the shelf?

The sad thing is I do this all the time. Watch movies I own on tv rather than just popping them in. Drives my girlfriend bonkers but I can't seem to break myself of the habit :laugh:

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
840703861.gif

Johnny Me vs Clowney

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
NFL.com is mocking the Jaguars Sammy Watkins at #3. I wonder if that spells the end of Blacklabel er, Blackmon's time here.

Take a QB!!!

And to your "watching movies on TV that you own..." - I am a little too fond of Law and Order SVU, to the point that I'll watch the marathons from start to finish, even though I've seen every episode multiple times and always know "whodunnit" before the music stops playing. And can usually tell you the name of the killer, even if the character has yet to be shown.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Take a QB!!!

And to your "watching movies on TV that you own..." - I am a little too fond of Law and Order SVU, to the point that I'll watch the marathons from start to finish, even though I've seen every episode multiple times and always know "whodunnit" before the music stops playing. And can usually tell you the name of the killer, even if the character has yet to be shown.

You can quote this if I'm wrong, but I get the feeling Bradley wants to build Seattle 2.0 in North Florida.

As much as we need a QB, I don't think the management team is sold on any of the "Big 3", I think we take Clowney, or if he's gone, trade down a few spots, and pick up an extra 2nd and take Mack or Barr in the first, Dee Ford and a developmental QB in the 2nd, use our 3rd and 4th on a HB (Jaguars.com says there's almost no chance we're resigning MJD) hopefully, Bishop Sankey and Travis Swanson and use the rest of our picks on depth.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Call me crazy but if I'm the Houston GM I'm seriously considering taking Clowney over Manziel/Bortles/Bridgewater etc. Watt/Clowney on paper would be a pretty epic duo and an opposing teams QB nightmare.

But Houston probably needs a QB more than anything.

I think one thing people also aren't realizing is that Texans owner Bob McNair is a USC alumnus and has in the past...strongly hinted that certain Gamecock prospects be taken by the Texans (Dunta Robinson springs to mind) - you're a big time USC booster sitting in the catbird seat with a legit #1 prospect who also happens to be a Gamecock product? How do you not lean on your coaching staff to take the guy realizing what a coup it would be for you and the school you still support financially?

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

You could have told me that some guy named John Smith won the Daytona 500 and I would have no reason to not believe you. I actually flipped through it yesterday and was all "damn is there anything on right now?" not realizing or caring that FOX was airing last years.

Also, heard about this today, this rock band did a rock version of the Star Spangled Banner. I thought it was alright.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I think one thing people also aren't realizing is that Texans owner Bob McNair is a USC alumnus and has in the past...strongly hinted that certain Gamecock prospects be taken by the Texans (Dunta Robinson springs to mind) - you're a big time USC booster sitting in the catbird seat with a legit #1 prospect who also happens to be a Gamecock product? How do you not lean on your coaching staff to take the guy realizing what a coup it would be for you and the school you still support financially?

I had no idea McNair was a USC guy. Apparently he is from Forest City which is about an hour and a half west of me. Never would have guessed. Always just assumed he was a born and bred Texan.

the-more-you-know.jpg

cymmot

Jul 8, 2013
Warner Robins, GA
You could have told me that some guy named John Smith won the Daytona 500 and I would have no reason to not believe you. I actually flipped through it yesterday and was all "damn is there anything on right now?" not realizing or caring that FOX was airing last years.

Also, heard about this today, this rock band did a rock version of the Star Spangled Banner. I thought it was alright.

That's awful. I blame it for the US team in Sochi. So bad it transcends time.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So Egon from Ghostbusters passed away.

Yup, that's crushing to me and pretty much anyone who got into the comedic film business after 1980. He was so much more than Egon, but that's obviously what he'll be most rembered for best.

I believe he wrote Caddyshack, Stripes, Animal House and plenty others. Straight up legend of comedy.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Yup, that's crushing to me and pretty much anyone who got into the comedic film business after 1980. He was so much more than Egon, but that's obviously what he'll be most rembered for best.

I believe he wrote Caddyshack, Stripes, Animal House and plenty others. Straight up legend of comedy.

Animal House, National Lampoons Vacation, Groundhogs Day, and more.

He was behind so many of the great comedies, I would put him at #1 followed by Mel Brooks.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Animal House, National Lampoons Vacation, Groundhogs Day, and more.

He was behind so many of the great comedies, I would put him at #1 followed by Mel Brooks.

As far as writing/directing that's probably accurate. The only thing that sets Brooks apart is that every time I've ever seen him on a screen he's the funniest person on the screen at all times. Ramis was more of an understated, but also amazing comedic actor.

If you saw a comedy worth a damn between the late 70s and early 90s there's at worst a 75% chance it was made or involved one of those two guys.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
As far as writing/directing that's probably accurate. The only thing that sets Brooks apart is that every time I've ever seen him on a screen he's the funniest person on the screen at all times. Ramis was more of an understated, but also amazing comedic actor.

If you saw a comedy worth a damn between the late 70s and early 90s there's at worst a 75% chance it was made or involved one of those two guys.

No doubt, Ramis was even involved with Knocked Up, writing and acting.

He's acting reminds me of Ben Stein, but he's the "straight" man for comic duos sorta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad