OT: Off Topic Thread XIII: Keep Pounding Panthers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Jeez, we have it easy in Eastern NC. Got about 8" yesterday and rain all day today. Two more snow days to add to the 5 we already had. Looks like spring break might be a no go. I have a 4wd Jeep and know how to drive in the snow but I prefer to stay out of this crap. Way too dangerous with the way other people drive in it.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I took a walk around my neighborhood (North Hills mall area) from like 3:30-5:00, I witnessed no less than three cars spin out trying to go up hills in person, and the aftermath of many more. Saw two separate three car pile ups less than a quarter mile away from each other on the same damn street. And one guy who went off the road, and got himself about 20-25 feet down a small hill, taking out a mailbox in the process.

My favorite had to be the guy who was trying to get up a hill, but stopped at a four way stop, despite no other cars being around. The guy lost his traction, and kept backing up and trying to pick up enough speed to actually get up the hill. Took him like four tries.

And as far as Walking Dead stuff goes, I'm all for the burning car on Glenwood.

Right now there are about four abandoned cars just within our neighborhood, where the steepest grade is probably about 3 or 4% (at most).

Combine that with the Glenwood car fire, and ain't nobody got nothing on the third world/Walking Dead appearance of Raleigh today.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I took a walk around my neighborhood (North Hills mall area) from like 3:30-5:00, I witnessed no less than three cars spin out trying to go up hills in person, and the aftermath of many more. Saw two separate three car pile ups less than a quarter mile away from each other on the same damn street. And one guy who went off the road, and got himself about 20-25 feet down a small hill, taking out a mailbox in the process.

My favorite had to be the guy who was trying to get up a hill, but stopped at a four way stop, despite no other cars being around. The guy lost his traction, and kept backing up and trying to pick up enough speed to actually get up the hill. Took him like four tries.

s3hhYjT.jpg

That image is currently the fourth most popular post on that website that is apparently a banned word?

Apparently the only time we're in the news is for stupid or crazy ****.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Just tried to head in to work 2 hours early... yeah NOT happening. I MIGHT try it at 10, but forget it right now.

****ing hospital jobs, ******** that they even expect me to come in in these conditions.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011

s3hhYjT.jpg

I don't understand how this happens

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh

s3hhYjT.jpg

This is why I changed my mind about running errands on Glenwood, although I didn't think a car would go up in smoke. Still, I suspect a lot of cars ended up on the side of that road given how hilly it is.

I may have to save this one for later use:

oawsiu.jpg

I like it. That must be Charlotte, if it's on 277. Wonder if that was approaching the Independence Blvd. exit. I heard a truck jackknifed and blocked all of Independence, which carries almost all of the traffic between downtown and the suburbs to the southeast. That exit is a mess on a good day, can't imagine what it was like yesterday.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Spinning tires and no traction means a highly rev'd engine, and that's not infinitely sustainable.

Also why the **** is Reddi.t a banned word

IIRC, for a little while, the site had some subforums that were definitely not legal...by any sense of the imagination. Though the subforums were removed, it must have been what got the word banned.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Spinning tires and no traction means a highly rev'd engine, and that's not infinitely sustainable.

Also why the **** is Reddi.t a banned word

As a TL... couldn't tell you, and I don't mean that in a "well I know but I can't give that info away" sense, I LITERALLY had no idea it was verboten until right now.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I'm wishing I had bought a shovel now. If I had thought of that, I would have cleared out all the snow in front of my car today before it turns to ice tonight. Apparently this apartment complex is useless for that.

Hopefully they'll at least delay work tomorrow, if not cancel. Temps are supposed to get into the 40s, so lots of melting will happen.

Also just got back from the store. Lots of cars still on the side of the road.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I forgot how much shoveling snow sucks. Thankfully I didn't need to shovel much, just a path to get out the door and so my car can get out w/o any problems, but still.

And of course, Every. Single. Time. I go to buy a snow shovel, either they are not in stock or they "just ran out of them".

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm wishing I had bought a shovel now. If I had thought of that, I would have cleared out all the snow in front of my car today before it turns to ice tonight. Apparently this apartment complex is useless for that.

Hopefully they'll at least delay work tomorrow, if not cancel. Temps are supposed to get into the 40s, so lots of melting will happen.

Also just got back from the store. Lots of cars still on the side of the road.

I need to get one as well... though a snow shovel would not have helped today... at all.

MD

Dec 1, 2009
NC
Haven't had cable or internet hear in wilmington for close to 2 days now. Yeah, I know, first world problems, but it's annoying as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad