OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VIII: Daisy Dukes Sharkinis On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Yeah, it was pretty awful.

I judge good acting by if I can believe it. When it feels like someone isn't acting and you just enjoy the movie. The first Dumb and Dumber was epic, it was 2 idiots doing hilariously stupid acts and just you laughed your *** off. When I watched this, I felt like I was watching Jim Carey playing a moron in a low budget film. It felt like they were just reading script, I expected way more. I don't think either actor was into their role, really.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
that is the same way I felt about the first one, I have never understood the appeal

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the first one either. Actually I'm not a big fan of Jim Carrey in general or his slapstick comedy.
Agreed. I liked him as Fire Marshall Bill on In Living Color but otherwise the only movies of his I liked were more serious ones like The Number 23 and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Agreed. I liked him as Fire Marshall Bill on In Living Color but otherwise the only movies of his I liked were more serious ones like The Number 23 and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind.

Yeah, other than some of his roles on In Living Color, I can't name one of his comedies I like. I haven't watched The Number 23 because I keep passing on it because of Jim Carrey, although I did like him in The Majestic even though the movie got horrible reviews. I remember seeing Batman Forever in the theatres when it came out and the whole place went wild as soon as he came on screen :shakehead

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, other than some of his roles on In Living Color, I can't name one of his comedies I like. I haven't watched The Number 23 because I keep passing on it because of Jim Carrey, although I did like him in The Majestic even though the movie got horrible reviews.
I haven't even heard of the Majestic :laugh:

But I liked the Number 23 because it wasn't comedy and is actually quite an interesting thriller. I think he has some decent acting chops but has just been pigeonholed into playing a moron.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Okay I'll give it a watch then, cause it did sound kinda interesting.
I'm not even sure there is any humor in it :laugh: Also keep in mind I watched it when it was first on DVD and haven't since, I don't remember the movie much other than I liked it haha

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
just saw this on the main page

Today's Birthdays
View Birthdays
‎discostu , ‎Beef Invictus , ‎The YzerJesus , ‎Stewie Griffin , ‎bonjovi0308 ‎(35) , ‎CrazedZooChimp ‎(31) , ‎Grabovski ‎(23)

Happy birthday Stew! You have to be what 75 now? :naughty:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
You would loathe the sequel then. 2 past their prime actors trying to bring back the glory days.

I wouldn't say Jeff Daniels is past his prime, personally. He was getting Emmy & Golden Globe recognition for his acting in The Newsroom. Unfortunately, the show had a premature ending, but Daniels was fantastic in it. Also, it seems like he's got some good movies (judging on the cast) coming up according to IMDB. As for Jim Carrey, I agree. Outside of the Anchorman II cameo, I haven't enjoyed anything he's been in since Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and that came out when I was in high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad