OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VIII: Daisy Dukes Sharkinis On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
UC, that's probably accurate considering I crushed one last night as well. :laugh:

hqdefault.jpg

Hox: "Make it a dbl"

:laugh:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hi guys. I'm an Avs fan coming in peace but I may be moving to your great city in the very near future if an opportunity goes the way I hope. I didn't see any visiting Calgary threads so i'm curious where I would post if I had some questions about the city?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
:laugh: I mean, when you have a coupon for 2 Teens for $6, how do you not dbl it up?

I actually have a real dislike for A&W. It always seems too greasy for me and I always end up feeling really gross afterwards. Only exception being the apple pies. I just counted back and I haven't had it for about 7 years now! Holy crap. I've cut McDonald's out too.

Hi guys. I'm an Avs fan coming in peace but I may be moving to your great city in the very near future if an opportunity goes the way I hope. I didn't see any visiting Calgary threads so i'm curious where I would post if I had some questions about the city?

This might be a good place to start, but don't hesitate to ask anything:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1473387

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC

Here is fine, we used to have a thread on that but not anymore. Ask away.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
the worst is the 2 can dine coupons, but there is only one of me. It's like are daring me to run the gauntlet, who am I to disappoint?

Oh I've been down that gauntlet alone a few times :laugh:

I don't know if I'm alone, but other than Harvey's, A&W is my top choice. The quality of their beef IMO is the best of anywhere for fast food joints.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

I don't know if I'm alone, but other than Harvey's, A&W is my top choice. The quality of their beef IMO is the best of anywhere for fast food joints.

Haven't been to a fast food joint in literally years. This thread is making me want A&W though... It was always my favorite. Maybe soon.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

A Harvey's opened less than 2 blocks from my house and I was so excited.

Then I ate there......

Hands down the worst Harvey's I have ever been to.

However the Pub 2 blocks the other way, actually does homemade burgers and they are just delicious and thick. It's nearly impossible to actually take a bite out of their double.

May 27, 2012
Earth

Then I ate there......

However the Pub 2 blocks the other way, actually does homemade burgers and they are just delicious and thick. It's nearly impossible to actually take a bite out of their double.

The Harvey's here had an e coli breakout. Ate there once since. SO once in the last 7 years.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have never understood the Harvey's love. Had it a few times, was always very 'meh' inducing.
I'm still in love with Peter's, maybe part of it is childhood memories as I hear alot of people rag on it now, but it's still my favorite fast food anywhere.

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
I'm still in love with Peter's, maybe part of it is childhood memories as I hear alot of people rag on it now, but it's still my favorite fast food anywhere.

Always go to Peters when I'm in Calgary, I have some great childhood memories from it. Possibly my favourite fast food joint ever.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Always go to Peters when I'm in Calgary, I have some great childhood memories from it. Possibly my favourite fast food joint ever.
I used to spend much of my summers at Pigeon Lake (Mam-e-o Beach) and we would stop in Calgary and go to Peters on the way there and the way back. It's one of the few things I remember doing with my grandmother

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What do you mean by dbl? Deluxe Bacon Layers??

Well I just dbl'd my order on the Teen burgers, getting 2. I was craving A&W last night but couldn't get through both, so the other became my breakfast this morning.

I'm serious, Harvey's is so good because of their pickles. I know it sounds stupid, but the pickles and hot peppers together are awesome. But their beef doesn't touch A@W, it's more how they dress it up. But I haven't eaten there in a while.

I'm in agreement with Peter's being the best though. It's 5 minutes from my house so I definitely enjoy it!

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB

Then I ate there......

Really? Did you go there only when it first opened?

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
I used to spend much of my summers at Pigeon Lake (Mam-e-o Beach) and we would stop in Calgary and go to Peters on the way there and the way back. It's one of the few things I remember doing with my grandmother

:laugh: I went to Pigeon Lake in the summer and it had a huge blue alge breakout so no one could go in the water. Caught a few nice walleye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino