OT: Off-Topic Thread Episode VIII: Daisy Dukes Sharkinis On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I have this code, I'll page our staff to answer a call on Line 5. We only have 4 phone lines, so when I page a line 5 I usually have shots lined up in our back for everyone.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The weather in AZ is perfect. However, if you don't see me posting during the summer, you'll know why.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Rogers is a joke. I tried making a call last night and I couldn't dial out. So I went online to get tech support that way. They tell me something is wrong with my number (I think the person was grasping at straws because she was clueless), so she changes my number and so now I have this horrible number and calls still do not work.

I tell them that I cannot be without a phone due to work and their response was "you can text message", seriously how unprofessional can you be? I told her that not all of m employees text message and that if something serious happens while I am not available I could lose my upcoming promotion (I stretched that a bit, I don't think I will lose it). The answer. "I have escalated this to level 2 and they will get back to you in 24-72 hours". I ask how they will get back to me if my phone isn't working, she ignores that and gives me a case number.

I hate these idiots.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wow, sounds like she was just making up any excuse just to get you off the phone. That's pretty brutal.
I wasn't on the phone since it wasn't working. I was using live chat through their website. which is not as effective for yelling at someone.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I wasn't on the phone since it wasn't working. I was using live chat through their website. which is not as effective for yelling at someone.

Ah, I thought you would have been doing it at work or something. Those live chat things are funny. One time I used it and it started with the automated message of something like "Welcome. Your customer service rep is Tom" and when he or she came online, he/she greeted with with "Hi, I'm Bob" and you know full well the call centre is in India haha

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ah, I thought you would have been doing it at work or something. Those live chat things are funny. One time I used it and it started with the automated message of something like "Welcome. Your customer service rep is Tom" and when he or she came online, he/she greeted with with "Hi, I'm Bob" and you know full well the call centre is in India haha
yeah, I am not overly pleased. I am going to contact customer service about it tell them how displeased I was with the service and since there is less than $100 owing on my device that I think they should let me out of my contract 6 months early.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
yeah, I am not overly pleased. I am going to contact customer service about it tell them how displeased I was with the service and since there is less than $100 owing on my device that I think they should let me out of my contract 6 months early.

Do it. Let us know how that works or what the results are. I'm already pissed for you that they changed your number, which obviously wouldn't have resolved anything and I don't see how that even would.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Do it. Let us know how that works or what the results are. I'm already pissed for you that they changed your number, which obviously wouldn't have resolved anything and I don't see how that even would.
Oh I will. As you know I don't back down from a fight :laugh:

I just want to know how long it is down before I call so I have that fro ammunition.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

Seriously though, Rogers is the worst telecom company in Canada (IMHO), ainec. I was in the last day of my contract, so I went to Telus to get a new phone and a new contract after I had it with Rogers (I was sick of them for 1.5 years at this point, but wasn't about to pay for cancellation). I called Rogers the day before to make sure there were no cancellation penalties for switching the the day my contract expires. The woman at Telus was helpful, and wanted me to make sure with Rogers that I wasn't going to cancellation fees charged on me for ending it that day, so I called Rogers at the Telus store and talked to a rep to confirm what I had confirmed the day before. They said the same thing as the woman before, and when the guy asked me why I was leaving Rogers, I ranted to him about how many issues I've been having with Rogers since I agreed to the contract, and he was understanding and probably realized he was working for the devil at that point because he definitely sounded sympathetic.

So anyway, I get my new phone and contract with Telus which automatically ends my Rogers contract that day. I get a bill at the end of the month from Rogers asking me to pay my bill for December (my contract ended December 10 and they wanted the full month) and a cancellation fee. I refused. Rogers didn't call me for 3-4 months after that, but after that period they started calling a few times a week. They started with a Rogers Customer Service number (showing up on my phone), and then it was blocked numbers and at this point the calls were happening at all hours of the day. Finally I had it and picked up the phone. They wanted me to pay $350 for cancelling as well as my December bill. I explained as calmly as I could to the guy on the other end that my contract ended that day, and that Rogers had previously screwed me over by charging me twice for ending a phone number that I used when I was in Fort McMurray, and that I wasn't about to pay them another dime. I also threatened legal action if they kept calling me and a message to the BBB. I was on the phone with him for an hour and he said "well can you pay $25? To finish your billing for December?" And I said no, on account of Rogers having milked me for hundreds of dollars previously regarding the other phone I had when I was in Fort McMurray. Maybe I should had just dealt with it immediately, but I was sick of their ****, especially after being told by two customer service reps that I wouldn't be charged any fees.

/Rant

TL;DR version: Rogers tried to get me to pay close to $430 for cancelling my contract on the day my contract ended, I didn't. **** Rogers.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Give AF and Janko your CS rep :laugh:.

Well, it was just this year, and I know that the government recently brought in some regulations to stop the telecom giants from bending over their customers quite so far (such as contracts now being no longer than two years), so it's possible that my experience represents a new standard and that Janko's experience was in the previous era when they could do pretty much whatever they wanted.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Well, it was just this year, and I know that the government recently brought in some regulations to stop the telecom giants from bending over their customers quite so far (such as contracts now being no longer than two years), so it's possible that my experience represents a new standard and that Janko's experience was in the previous era when they could do pretty much whatever they wanted.

When I was dealing with the Rogers fiasco and Telus, it was December 2013. The CRTC had at that point made the new regulations and two year contracts were in effect for several months at that point, IIRC. I actually had talked to Rogers in September about buying a new phone to finish out my contract (the one I had bought with my contract had broke after I threw it across the room following an... intense verbal discussion) and they wanted me to renew for two years with a new contract. I wasn't interested, bought a phone from BestBuy for $20 and made it work for the last months of my contract.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011

I wish I could listen in on this conversation! :laugh:

(Or beat-down, by AF!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad