May 27, 2012
Earth
7CZby9V.gif

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
:laugh: Sorry about that RS! I read the wrong number and thought we were at 917 posts, not 997!

Carry on.

Ahem.

I bought an engagement ring. AF offered condolences.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
:laugh: Sorry about that RS! I read the wrong number and thought we were at 917 posts, not 997!

Carry on.

Ahem.

I bought an engagement ring. AF offered condolences.

I asked if you have someone to give it to. Otherwise it's quite the impulse buy. Just not as funny the second time around. :(

Re OP: Daisy Dukes Sharkinis on top

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I asked if you have someone to give it to. Otherwise it's quite the impulse buy. Just not as funny the second time around. :(

Re OP: Daisy Dukes Sharkinis on top

Sorry DBU, I didn't read your post because I was in a whirlwind of moderating fury.

Oh and yeah, I have someone to give it to. A female someone. She's real.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
With.... a credit card? ;)

I haven't proposed yet. Maybe on the 14th.
No.... dude if you're going to go down don't be one of those guys...

added link...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/monica-medina/popping-the-question-valentines_b_977279.html

Which is why, I'm doing you a favor today. When it comes to proposing -- and I just know, you want it to be perfect and romantic -- never, but never, propose on Valentine's Day. Scratch Christmas, too. Might as well rule out Christmas Eve, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. And don't even think about popping the question on your true love's birthday.

Sure, it's très romantic to get engaged on Valentine's Day, or to surprise your intended on their birthday with a platinum engagement ring. But, as sweet as this sounds, you're not thinking big picture. What if, heaven forbid, the marriage isn't a happily-ever-after one? What if you part ways, say two, five or ten years down the line?

Should that happen, you and your ex will have a lifetime of misery when Valentine's Day comes along, breaking your heart all over again, as you remember that fateful day when you proposed. And for what? Because you just had to propose on a romantic holiday? If the proposal had been on any other day, then the probability of remembering the date and getting all torn up about it, is slim to none. Zilch, really.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
All my HF Bro's are getting tied down. I'm just trying to get Baecklund to notice me.

Seriously thats great though AS. You'll have to tell us how the proposal goes. May I suggest using a GDT to propose? :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No.... dude if you're going to go down don't be one of those guys...

added link...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/monica-medina/popping-the-question-valentines_b_977279.html

Ehhh not really worried about that. We've been together for 9 years, living together for 5. The reason I think it would be good to propose on Valentine's Day is because Valentine's gifts are stupid, but they always expect one anyway, so might as well be something she was going to be getting anyway. ;)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ehhh not really worried about that. We've been together for 9 years, living together for 5. The reason I think it would be good to propose on Valentine's Day is because Valentine's gifts are stupid, but they always expect one anyway, so might as well be something she was going to be getting anyway. ;)
more than anything I just think it's way too cliche, I'm a romantic at heart and I just think it's better to create a new special day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad