Observations XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Johansen is a top 6 center. Jarnkrok is not. I don't like this long term.

It is fine in the regular season, coming off an injury, and to build chemistry. I get the idea right now.

But...

In the playoffs, I want the best players on the ice, working together, and winning games.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
who the **** is kfc? what's with all the stupid nicknames? it's not like it's hard to write out frigging names
I'm assuming it's an attempt at humor that has gone on way too long. In rare cases it works out naturally, like the JOFA line (obviously because of the company) but it's getting out of control. And I say this as someone who is around the age of these media people trying to push it.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
well... that was surprisingly easy. and strange all at the same time. don't remember when we scored 3 weird, lucky goals in one game like this. maybe in that 9 goal game against TOR . maybe in that 8-0 win over DET in their prime. But it certainly doesn't happen often. And the funny thing is at times i thought we were sorta coasting. If we had buried all our really good chances we probably lead 6-0 after the first.

Whatever, it's a good start to this trip.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
well... that was surprisingly easy. and strange all at the same time. don't remember when we scored 3 weird, lucky goals in one game like this. maybe in that 9 goal game against TOR . maybe in that 8-0 win over DET in their prime. But it certainly doesn't happen often. And the funny thing is at times i thought we were sorta coasting. If we had buried all our really good chances we probably lead 6-0 after the first.

yeah, I thought their goalie made some quality saves early that kept them in it in the 1st period.

Forsberg had a great game but I wonder how long they'll force him with Aberg. Last night he was the guy with the puck down low, with no help against 3 defenders and then was the 1st forward back on the back check. I have no idea where the other 2 were.

I don't understand our 2 guys getting misconduct penalties while they only got 1.

That Fiala-Turris-Smith line is just working. Makes me wonder if we've not been holding Smith back by not giving him good centers to play with. Since November 11th (15 games) when Turris joined Smith has 15 points (8+7), Fiala has 14 (6+8) and Turris has 14 (3+11).

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

And in 2-3 weeks Ellis will be added to this mix.....

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
..for those 'worried' about whether we are peaking too early. 9 of the past 10 stanley cup winners had 42 or more points at the 30 game mark. we now have 42 in 30.
..we are now playing at exactly a .700 clip. that's an unreal 115 point pace.
..we are now 6th in the league in scoring. 3.30 goals per game.
..we have moved up to 10th in fewest goals allowed per game.
..we are top ten in goals for, goals allowed, PP and PK. that will win you lots of games.

..Turris appears to be the missing offensive piece. now we have guys slotted in the right spots for success.
..Fiala is actualy on fire. 21 points now. All somewhat hidden by the hotness of Smith, Turris, Forsberg.
..As trig says, Aberg really is the only forward that is playing poorly in general. We need more here.
..Forsberg. what a play on that one pass to Jarnkrok. might have been meant for aberg but typical of his play he simply didn't react in time to get to it before Jarnkrok.
..Jarnkrok is 4th on the team in goals scored? Weird.

..was just thinking Johansen looked weak puck handling last night. and yet he got two assists lol.
..the stars won't align like they did last night very often. always nice when they do though.
..i think Hartnell looked rusty as expected.
..the PK was great those first two kills.
..Turris shoulda/coulda have had about a 5 point night with two goals.

..right now there is no doubt that the Fiala-Turris-Smith line is our most dangerous line these past 15 odd games.
..when you have so many forwards hot at the same time it makes opponents matchups near impossible.
..there will be struggles ahead. but i don't know the ceiling on this team honestly.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Will have to seem them against a better opponent, not sure that is Edmonton, but the line combos looked very nice. Each line has the ability to be dangerous. Our top 2 lines are MAJOR matchup problems.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Here are some goals/assists points projections for some of our players:
Subban 16/38 54
Smith 33/22 55
Fiala 17/43 60
Forsberg 41/44 85
Jarnkrok 19/19 38
Arvidsson 30/30 60
Turris 19/54 73
Josi 18/43 61
Ekholm 16/36 52
Johansen 9/49 58

60 points from Fiala? 33 goals from Smith? 19 goals from Jarnkrok? 85 points from Forsberg and 73 from Turris?? Yes, please.

Holy cow- those are some sweet numbers.......

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I was skeptical at first, but now I actually do think Jarnkrok and Forsberg have some chemistry together. And man, I did not realize how amazing Forsberg's pass to Jarnkrok was until I saw that post about it on the main boards- I did not catch the way he switched his hands around at all. What a play.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Here are some goals/assists points projections for some of our players:
Subban 16/38 54
Smith 33/22 55
Fiala 17/43 60
Forsberg 41/44 85
Jarnkrok 19/19 38
Arvidsson 30/30 60
Turris 19/54 73
Josi 18/43 61
Ekholm 16/36 52
Johansen 9/49 58
60 points from Fiala? 33 goals from Smith? 19 goals from Jarnkrok? 85 points from Forsberg and 73 from Turris?? Yes, please.

Holy cow- those are some sweet numbers.......

Only numbers that look disappointing at all are Johansen's. He needs to make up for that cold streak and pile on some points.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Liked that Hartnell was eased in. Looked better as the game went on. I'd like to try Hartnell there with Jarnkrok and Forsberg. He could be a nice fit there, creating space, banging home the rebounds. Not saying that I didn't like the Hartnell-Sissons-Watson line it was decent and it has potential to be a deadly 4th line. Would like to see Hartnell get some more ice-time, though.

That Fiala-Turris-Smith line. They're just on fire. Turris was one hell of an addition to this group.

Can't wait to see Ellis back. Our bottom pair just hasn't been working out and Emelin hasn't been that good, imo. Weber is a solid 6th D and I think him and Emelin could make a nice bottom pair. Or Bitetto. But not Irwin.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Indeed, there will be struggles but we look solid from top to bottom. We have played tight defensively, especially around the net and the breakouts will get better once we get Ellis back and the same pairs as last year. Offensively, we have been a machine ever since Turris arrived which was somewhat expected. Loved that move 100%. Rinne has been almost Vezina-worthy as well, hopefully he can keep it up.

The biggest surprise aside that Smith has arisen? Jarnkrok. Man he's trying to shove that bone to most of us throats. Dude's been killing it this season, and I'm loving that as one of the biggest haters of the expansion draft. Way to go, Calle keep it up!

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
to be completely honest I beleive you could put McLeod on the other wing from Forsberg every night and i think McLeod would score 25-30 points almost by accident.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
to be completely honest I beleive you could put McLeod on the other wing from Forsberg every night and i think McLeod would score 25-30 points almost by accident.
And somehow that makes him look like Crosby compared to Aberg :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad