Confirmed Trade: [NYR/CHI/ARI] Kane (@25%) and Zech to NYR; Welinski, Saarijarvi, ‘23 2nd (top 10 prot ‘24 1st if NYR make ECF), ‘25 4th to CHI; c. ‘25 3rd to ARI

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Here is what I don't get
Rangers clearly needed Two way high impact players to compliment the team.
Instead they go for 2 pure offensive guys
Seems like pretty bad construction
So they will probably win the cup lmao

Reactions: Slaydagnar

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Can the Rags get a refund on both Kane and Tarasenko? Asking for a friend.
While neither move should have been made in the first place b'c it works vs team going forward beyond this season, given what is, and not what should be, these 2 move will not hurt during the balance of the regular campaign. Howev, when we get into playoffs, remember, that while neither Kane nor bread are creampuffs, we had to import Goodrow to have a skilled guy protect him post season. If he is on a line w/Kreider, and K has to take out the fists and breaks his hand, it will not be good. So PP or regular season, no big whoop, no worries. But playoffs it remains to be seen if these guys can do enough razzle dazzle at lightning speed to get ahead of the Wilson types there to rough them up.

Bad hockey from the Rangers lately no doubt. But still, Kane's first game. No Lindgren, no Miller, 11F 5D vs. a young, hungry, actually pretty decent Senators team.

Who btw are 4 pts in back of you, with 3 games in hand.
Sens have largely turned the corner and are more than decent, actually good -- not yet great, but really good.

Rs as noted, w/o 2 of 3 top LD.
Clearly on 2nd game in 2 nites, incl travel, they were out of gas 3rd per.

Only beef/? I have is why not willing to do essentially Shesterkin for Sanderson.
Rs need cap relief to extend NOT BRIDGE chytil + KAM.
No moves until Trouba/bread deals have no nmc applicable.
Rs have Garand + Halak + ufa Talbot taking less for a yr gives cap room and churns netminder position to be younger = more cap for rest of the team.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Can the Rags get a refund on both Kane and Tarasenko? Asking for a friend.

Obviously not too many friends because 90% of hockey fans in NY area are Ranger fans. Be interesting to see if you or the shmevils have 5.1% of the rest.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Say what you want, Kane sells tickets and puts butts into seats.

1AB197D2-70F5-4A96-A1C3-C9DD36E90132.jpeg

Reactions: hawksrule

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Rangers are a mess since the trade... they better pray that the chemistry comes together or it's going to be a waste of 8 days come April.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here is what I don't get
Rangers clearly needed Two way high impact players to compliment the team.
Instead they go for 2 pure offensive guys
Seems like pretty bad construction
So they will probably win the cup lmao
Adding offense was absolutely the right call. The Rangers don't score enough. I think people just read the names in the lineup and assume they do.

The problem is, the Rangers keep throwing forwards at it, and their offense sucks because Fox is the only defenseman they have that moves the puck at an NHL level.

Miller, Lindgren, Trouba, Schneider, and Mikkola are all "heave it off the boards" guys, four of them are playing together even if the team is healthy.

And then we're gonna sit here and wonder why Panarin, Kane, and Tarasenko aren't tearing teams up off the rush. What rush?

Reactions: Slaydagnar

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Rangers are a mess since the trade... they better pray that the chemistry comes together or it's going to be a waste of 8 days come April.

Partly about figuring out the chemistry. Mostly about having to manage two men short AND working around GG's idiocy. He's already down a forward, so what does he do? He shortens his bench even further, only playing 5 guys with any kind of regularity (the line that scored both goals was getting ~12 minutes today). The players missing from the blueline are also throwing everything out of whack. At full strength, not only would the Rangers have 6 defensemen instead of 5, but one of their current 5 guys would be the #6 d-man (Mikkola), and another would be scratched (Harpur). Right now, I think the team is just trying to get through this mess (to be fair, a mess largely of their own creation due to cap finagling and K'AM's spitting incident), and then worry about finding the chemistry later.

I HOPE that GG over-played the 5 guys at the top to help them start finding that chemistry (since he knows the kid line already have it), but knowing him, the new shiny toys are just his latest excuse to use one of his more effective lines as a 4th line.

Reactions: Anthony5967

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Adding offense was absolutely the right call. The Rangers don't score enough. I think people just read the names in the lineup and assume they do.

The problem is, the Rangers keep throwing forwards at it, and their offense sucks because Fox is the only defenseman they have that moves the puck at an NHL level.

Miller, Lindgren, Trouba, Schneider, and Mikkola are all "heave it off the boards" guys, four of them are playing together even if the team is healthy.

And then we're gonna sit here and wonder why Panarin, Kane, and Tarasenko aren't tearing teams up off the rush. What rush?
The fact that those 3 look pretty slow and lazy could be a problem too

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The fact that they all look pretty slow and lazy could be a problem too
Hard to look fast and energetic when getting through the neutral zone is like navigating a minefield.

Not to mention how useless PP2 is because Trouba has as much skill as I do.

The Rangers need a PMD. That's issues 1 through 100 with the team right now.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Im guessing it’s Kane, Panarin trocheck is a line?

Becuase from an underlying standpoint they were worst 3 players on the ice for either team.

• Wow
Reactions: DustyZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad