Confirmed Trade: [NYR/CHI/ARI] Kane (@25%) and Zech to NYR; Welinski, Saarijarvi, ‘23 2nd (top 10 prot ‘24 1st if NYR make ECF), ‘25 4th to CHI; c. ‘25 3rd to ARI

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The rangers are a joke. Most entitled franchise in the league that has only remained decent due to “New York City”. Their team this year, like always would be dogshit without the New York factor (kane Panarin and fox).

They’ll come up short again, and fans will think they’re the most storied franchise in league history again. Rinse repeat

Someone once said Rangers fans have the arrogance of the Yankees but with the Mets success :laugh:

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Can't help but think back to the middling offensive teams Lundqvist had to will into contention all those years along with that Staal-Girardi top pairing whose PMD acumen consisted of shot blocking the puck up the ice.

Imagine Henrik getting this kind of support up front to work with in 2009-2016

Hanks cap hit is one of the reasons we didn't have the ability to bring in big guns too though.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
Chicago had to retain salary as well? I would honestly have held onto him and just let it crash.
New York didn't have to do really anything in this trade, all Kane's cards.

He's one of the best players in franchise history....you don't do him dirty like LA did to Quick.

Can't wait to watch some Rangers games - Breadman and Kane are one of the best combos I've ever watched.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
They beat the Canes last year and added Trocheck, Tarasenko and Kane this year while the Canes responded with Puljujarvi (and the fairly lateral Burns for DeAngelo). And the Devils are virtually guaranteed to faceplant as every young team that makes the playoffs their first time does.
Copp , and was it Vtrano(?) subtracted. Sheshterkin was in god mode and is only slightly above human goaltending right now. Tank and Kane are upgrades for sure , just not sure of the type of upgrades that’s needed.
I don’t get why the Devils are expected to faceplant? Rangers were a young team amd first playoff run for that group yet they didn’t really fall on their face ? Why it it a virtual guarantee that the Devils will?

Reactions: wingnutks

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Copp , and was it Vtrano(?) subtracted. Sheshterkin was in god mode and is only slightly above human goaltending right now. Tank and Kane are upgrades for sure , just not sure of the type of upgrades that’s needed.
I don’t get why the Devils are expected to faceplant? Rangers were a young team amd first playoff run for that group yet they didn’t really fall on their face ? Why it it a virtual guarantee that the Devils will?

Its generally the case for every team that goes through a rebuild from Tampa to Colorado to Edmonton to Washington, even Pittsburgh lost in the first round the first time they made the playoffs with Crosby and Malkin. The Rangers weren't really a young team, Kreider/Zibanejad/Panarin/Copp/Vatrano/Strome/Goodrow/Trouba were all grizzled vets. Their only 2 major young contributors were Shestyorkin and Fox and both were near the very top in the league at their positions

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Not sure why either. Like Toronto vs Tampa series, I expect NYR vs NJD to be an epic series worthy of the conference finals.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It's sad to see the Kane era come to an end in Chicago but at least Kane is leaving on good terms......well kinda.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
f***, that annoys the shit outta me. The rags team on paper, is starting to look like the 02 redwings.

I pray they don’t win the cup this year—or ever, at least not until the isles win a cup first—but it’s surely looking like they’re the team to beat.

I remember all the people ridiculing the rags when they fired the front office, then hiring Chris Drury as GM. The guy looks like he knows what he’s doing

Reactions: cheech70

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
179ECB7A-D075-4BB4-B0C2-634A1B3E3851.jpeg

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
f***, that annoys the shit outta me. The rags team on paper, is starting to look like the 02 redwings.

I pray they don’t win the cup this year—or ever, at least not until the isles win a cup first—but it’s surely looking like they’re the team to beat.

I remember all the people ridiculing the rags when they fired the front office, then hiring Chris Drury as GM. The guy looks like he knows what he’s doing

I think Boston is the team to beat this year from the East, Rangers close second. Boston is just on another level this year, they may finish the year with regulation losses in single digits. An unheard of achievement these days.

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
He's one of the best players in franchise history....you don't do him dirty like LA did to Quick.

Can't wait to watch some Rangers games - Breadman and Kane are one of the best combos I've ever watched.
Apparently the whole team was pissed off at Blake. Wonder how they will perform

Reactions: Dead Meat

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think Boston is the team to beat this year from the East, Rangers close second. Boston is just on another level this year, they may finish the year with regulation losses in single digits. An unheard of achievement these days.
Injuries remain a possible factor, but at this pt numbers trend in that direction.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Chicago had to retain salary as well? I would honestly have held onto him and just let it crash.
New York didn't have to do really anything in this trade, all Kane's cards.

And accomplish what, exactly? Souring the relationship with one of the best players in your franchises history because he exercised a right you gave him in the contract you made? Not to mention getting absolutely nothing for him when he walks in the summer or how keeping him could actively hurt your chances of drafting his immediate replacement in terms of impact.

Retaining salary means nothing to Chicago. They're not a playoff team this year and it comes off the books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad