Confirmed Trade: [NYR/CHI/ARI] Kane (@25%) and Zech to NYR; Welinski, Saarijarvi, ‘23 2nd (top 10 prot ‘24 1st if NYR make ECF), ‘25 4th to CHI; c. ‘25 3rd to ARI

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Capture4.jpg

Capture5.jpg

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

I wouldn't really read much into that tbh. It's certainly possible he could re-sign with the Blackhawks, but it seemed like he was pretty fed up with where that team is at competitively. Deep in the throws of what looks like it's going to be a very long rebuild. Someone like Patty Kane can also afford to have multiple million dollar mansions in different cities. Treat that Chicago home as one of many, maybe hang out there in the offseason. Or just sell it.

There'd maybe be something to it if he made that purchase right before the deadline when it was clear he was going to end up dealt. But a bunch of months before, in September, before the season even really kicked into gear? There's practically nothing to that. He likely had a very different expectation of how the season was going to go and where he was going to end up. Probably just wanted a nice luxurious place to live while he collected his final Blackhawks paycheques before his salary could feasibly be moved at the deadline.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I wouldn't really read much into that tbh. It's certainly possible he could re-sign with the Blackhawks, but it seemed like he was pretty fed up with where that team is at competitively. Deep in the throws of what looks like it's going to be a very long rebuild. Someone like Patty Kane can also afford to have multiple million dollar mansions in different cities. Treat that Chicago home as one of many, maybe hang out there in the offseason. Or just sell it.

There'd maybe be something to it if he made that purchase right before the deadline when it was clear he was going to end up dealt. But a bunch of months before, in September, before the season even really kicked into gear? There's practically nothing to that. He likely had a very different expectation of how the season was going to go and where he was going to end up. Probably just wanted a nice luxurious place to live while he collected his final Blackhawks paycheques before his salary could feasibly be moved at the deadline.
In the throes. Sorry in advance

Reactions: biturbo19

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
I dont like it messes up the lines and taking ziba away from his spot on pp is crazy.

5v5 play has not been good for kane, plenty lazy of straight legged backchecking..

Wonder what the kid line thinks, not that any of them apart from chytil have got a sniff of the first pp, but 10-11minns per game?!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I apologize if this has been asked 20 times already, but why aren’t Kane and Panarin playing together?
We tried and it was an abomination. Looked like a bad tv show re-boot. They just keep re-hashing the same lines of dialogue so everyone knows what's coming.

Reactions: Lua and egelband

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I apologize if this has been asked 20 times already, but why aren’t Kane and Panarin playing together?
They did in the beginning of this stint, but after 500 cross ice pass attempts between the two of them that led to zero shots on goal, Gallant decided to mix things up. And not surprisingly, Kane is now producing.

Reactions: Whodobbyin

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
We tried and it was an abomination. Looked like a bad tv show re-boot. They just keep re-hashing the same lines of dialogue so everyone knows what's coming.

They did in the beginning of this stint, but after 500 cross ice pass attempts between the two of them that led to zero shots on goal, Gallant decided to mix things up. And not surprisingly, Kane is now producing.

Wow, not the answers I expected! Thanks for enlightening me.

Reactions: egelband

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Wow, not the answers I expected! Thanks for enlightening me.

You're far from the only one who thought they belonged together but I'd argue their reunion was oversold from the beginning. Panarin was actually much better in Columbus than he was in his years in Chicago, and Kane had some years just as well without Panarin. They both play the same puck dominant style and don't make a lot of sense as linemates. Granted the highlights would have been great.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00