• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Playing C for 10% of the time doesn't make anyone a center, it really looks like you have no idea what you're talking about tbh.
I never said he is a center, I replied to a person who said (and I quote): "Nylander hasnt played C in 4 years. He is a winger."

The first sentence is factually incorrect. It isn't debatable, it isn't arguable. Nylander played center this year, more than once. No semantics can change that. Perhaps try to follow the discussion a little bit closer before saying that I don't have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Leafidelity

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
I never said he is a center, I replied to a person who said (and I quote): "Nylander hasnt played C in 4 years. He is a winger."

The first sentence is factually incorrect. It isn't debatable, it isn't arguable. Nylander played center this year, more than once. No semantics can change that. Perhaps try to follow the discussion a little bit closer before saying that I don't have an idea of what I'm talking about.
Yes, and he was replying to someone who was repeatedly calling nyalnder a "center". Common logic and reasoning would suggest that when he said "has never played center" he meant nylander has not played center consistently or for an extended period of time, hence calling him a center is, at this moment, incorrect.
So who is it that isn't following the discussion close enough?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Yes, and he was replying to someone who was repeatedly calling nyalnder a "center". Common logic and reasoning would suggest that when he said "has never played center" he meant nylander has not played center consistently or for an extended period of time, hence calling him a center is, at this moment, incorrect.
So who is it that isn't following the discussion close enough?
"Nylander hasnt played C in 4 years" = nylander has not played center consistently or for an extended period of time

Thats quite the stretch, but you seem to have quite a bit of mental gymnastics going on. Nylander has played center as recently as this year. Nylander is expected to be a center for the Leafs longterm. You being ignorant doesn't change these facts.

Don't bother replying, talking to a brick wall would likely see more progress than anything with you.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
"Nylander hasnt played C in 4 years" = nylander has not played center consistently or for an extended period of time

Thats quite the stretch, but you seem to have quite a bit of mental gymnastics going on. Nylander has played center as recently as this year. Nylander is expected to be a center for the Leafs longterm. You being ignorant doesn't change these facts.

Don't bother replying, talking to a brick wall would likely see more progress than anything with you.
Feelings mutual

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Is nylander a natural defenseman too?
Specific skill sets make players a more natural fit in certain positions. This is pretty basic knowledge?

Honest question; are you 12 years old or are just stupid? You consistently contribute as one or the other, I’m just curious as to which?

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Specific skill sets make players a more natural fit in certain positions. This is pretty basic knowledge?

Honest question; are you 12 years old or are just stupid? You consistently contribute as one or the other, I’m just curious as to which?
Lol why are leafs fans getting triggered when u dont say Nylanders a centre? Are u 10 that u cant handle other peoples opinions online. Stop being salty Nylander and Matthews caused u to choke in the first round when u were all expecting a cup

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation

My God, NYLANDER IS NOT A CENTER, stop it already you're making yourself look bad by getting triggered

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
A snarky response doesn't help you in defense of your garbage argument. He gave you hypo to clearly prove your logic is ****.

Um........no. He sarcastically suggested that Nylander should be chosen over Dahlin, just because I said that Nylander should be an auto choice over Pettersson. Well that's just DUMB.

Pettersson is nowhere near Dahlin's pedigree. Whereas Nylander and Pettersson were both similar ranked draft picks and are a good comparison. Comparing two similar draft picks.....going with the PROVEN one is a no brainer. It's not at all fair to try and spin it to ask "well then, what about Pettersson vs. McDavid(if McDavid was about to be drafted)" because they are NOT AT ALL CLOSE.

Of course in his silly scenario to me, I'd probably go with Dahlin. But that's not the scenario. It's Nylander, an 8th overall Swedish forward from a few years ago with two 60+ point seasons in the NHL, vs. Pettersson, a 5th overall Swedish pick from last year, who has done nothing in the NHL yet and might not ever.

Got it?

Yay. :)

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
My God, NYLANDER IS NOT A CENTER, stop it already you're making yourself look bad by getting triggered
While I’m honoured you hold me in such high regard, you aren’t the authority on the matter. Nylander has been a centre his entire career and that was always the plan until they won the lottery with Matthews. They’ve shown great chemistry and have been kept together, but this doesn’t change the fact that almost any reliable hockey person you ask will tell you Nylander’s game is more ideally suited for centre ice. That’s always been the case...

And you’re obviously an expert on looking bad but nobody is triggered. You only make yourself look childish with that sort of response. If you don’t think he can play centre then can you provide valid reasons as to why?

Talent analysis always works best when you try to be objective and evaluate based on the individual skills and abilities of a player... consistently allowing your disdain for a particular team enter into the equation only makes it easier for users to ignore you if they haven’t already.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Nylander is as much Center as Pettersson is. Fun fact, EP has also played center this season.

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
Um........no. He sarcastically suggested that Nylander should be chosen over Dahlin, just because I said that Nylander should be an auto choice over Pettersson. Well that's just DUMB.

Pettersson is nowhere near Dahlin's pedigree. Whereas Nylander and Pettersson were both similar ranked draft picks and are a good comparison. Comparing two similar draft picks.....going with the PROVEN one is a no brainer. It's not at all fair to try and spin it to ask "well then, what about Pettersson vs. McDavid(if McDavid was about to be drafted)" because they are NOT AT ALL CLOSE.

Of course in his silly scenario to me, I'd probably go with Dahlin. But that's not the scenario. It's Nylander, an 8th overall Swedish forward from a few years ago with two 60+ point seasons in the NHL, vs. Pettersson, a 5th overall Swedish pick from last year, who has done nothing in the NHL yet and might not ever.

Got it?

Yay. :)

You literally proved my point. The bolded was not part of your orginal argument, which was player x is more proven than player y; therefore, I take player x

Your actual argument is:
Player x and player y have been pretty similar in respect to performance, pedigree etc
Player x is more proven
Therefore, I take player x

If you would have just typed that at the beginning, you would have saved yourself looking like an idiot.

You tried to sound smart and funny, and failed really, really badly.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
After seeing Nylander in the playoffs, I would take my chances with any potential star prospect over him, including EP. Star players that disappear in the playoffs are the worst.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
While I’m honoured you hold me in such high regard, you aren’t the authority on the matter. Nylander has been a centre his entire career and that was always the plan until they won the lottery with Matthews. They’ve shown great chemistry and have been kept together, but this doesn’t change the fact that almost any reliable hockey person you ask will tell you Nylander’s game is more ideally suited for centre ice. That’s always been the case...

And you’re obviously an expert on looking bad but nobody is triggered. You only make yourself look childish with that sort of response. If you don’t think he can play centre then can you provide valid reasons as to why?

Talent analysis always works best when you try to be objective and evaluate based on the individual skills and abilities of a player... consistently allowing your disdain for a particular team enter into the equation only makes it easier for users to ignore you if they haven’t already.
I'm sorry but there's a difference between objective analysis and being delusional.
Please explain how nylanders game is more suitable for center ice? Because the last time I checked there's a big defensive responsibility on a center. Hovering doesn't cut it at center ice and they would be wise to keep him away from there like they have ever since he entered the league. You being delusional doesn't change any facts unfortunately

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I'm sorry but there's a difference between objective analysis and being delusional.
Please explain how nylanders game is more suitable for center ice? Because the last time I checked there's a big defensive responsibility on a center. Hovering doesn't cut it at center ice and they would be wise to keep him away from there like they have ever since he entered the league. You being delusional doesn't change any facts unfortunately
Leave it to Hugh Mungus to get hostile and still manage to whiff on his post. Stop trying to pass of your opinions as facts. Nylander has been a center his whole career, has played meaningful time their with the Leafs and manage,ent has said many times they expect him to play center long term. Careful who you call delusional.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Leave it to Hugh Mungus to get hostile and still manage to whiff on his post. Stop trying to pass of your opinions as facts. Nylander has been a center his whole career, has played meaningful time their with the Leafs and manage,ent has said many times they expect him to play center long term. Careful who you call delusional.
Ok...

Nylander has been a winger ever since he entered the league.

This is an opinion?

It has been established that nylander is a perimeter winger that likes to hover and isn't great defensively.

Again delusions don't change facts in the real world.

Reactions: DDRhockey

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
This literally holds no significance when determining the position nylander plays,

Every manager would want it's C/W to be a center rather than a winger this doesn't make him a center. There's nowhere we can go with this discussion if you're not willing to swallow your pride and accept the reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad