Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Nylander until Pettersson has played in the NHL
This is my stance too.

If Nylander could find it in himself to not be petrified of rough play in the playoffs, it would help him GREATLY. That's right there the difference from soft, perimeter Euro player to protagonist.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
the same could be said about you and your useless commentary. Why are you so standoffish? Did a leafs fan hurt your feelings as a child?

I merely corrected him in that he did, in fact, join the league as a center, no need to be a hugh mungus baby about it.
It doesnt matter what u think but the fact is hes too soft to play centre, he would get murdered at centre. U saw how bad he was on the wing and u somehow think he will be a good centre? LOL

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Excellent, but the same unbiased research will hilight players such as Seguin and Giroux who were always centreman but began in the NHL as a winger.... so it goes both ways. (And I’m of the opinion that both were always centres, playing out of position)

It’s not a matter of what you or I say. Fact of the matter is that Nylander has played his entire career as a centre and Auston Matthews arrival was the only reason he shifted. If the Leafs saw him as a winger initially, he would have been moved there when he joined the Maries... but he wasn’t, because that wasn’t the plan. Babcock likes two centres on a line, especially a RH/LH duo for face offs. Him and Matthews have excellent chemistry, and with Bozak and Kadri, they needed elite skill with Matthews far more than another centre. This makes sense to most people, I’m not sure why you’re struggling?

....and if we’re not talking future projection, only actual results matter? ... so why is a guy whose never played a game in the league beating an established 60 point NHL’er? If I can’t project a player based on skill set and how he’s been brought up by the organization with actual results, how do you keep a straight face and project some kid whose never played to jump in and surpass all this elite talent?

I hope you can at least laugh at your own foolishness?
What kind of post is this? Comparing f***ing Nylander to Seguin and Giroux? LOL. Nylander got absolutely shut down as a winger and was scared of contact yet u somehow think he will be an effective nhl level centre? He is a glorified Eberle.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
It doesnt matter what u think but the fact is hes too soft to play centre, he would get murdered at centre. U saw how bad he was on the wing and u somehow think he will be a good centre? LOL
doesn't matter what I think, just matters what you think eh? Great argument, kiddo. Facts are actual facts, he's been a center his entire career including in the NHL for stints. You pretending he's too soft doesn't change that. "LOL"

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
doesn't matter what I think, just matters what you think eh? Great argument, kiddo. Facts are actual facts, he's been a center his entire career including in the NHL for stints. You pretending he's too soft doesn't change that. "LOL"
Facts are he got shutdown and dominated when playing on the Wing. He would do even worse at centre. Theres a reason the "best coach in the world" doesnt trust him at centre

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Facts are he got shutdown and dominated when playing on the Wing. He would do even worse at centre. Theres a reason the "best coach in the world" doesnt trust him at centre
the best coach in the world played him at C when our best C was injured. you should really google some facts before spewing out nonsense.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
the best coach in the world played him at C when our best C was injured. you should really google some facts before spewing out nonsense.
Yes but where was he playing in the playoffs when the game actually mattered? Did he play centre when Kadri was suspended?
edit: suspended not injured

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Yes but where was he playing in the playoffs when the game actually mattered? Did he play centre when Kadri was injured?
kadri was suspended, not injured and we had dom moore playing C for a few games. he's a natural C anyways. the playoffs aren't a time for experimenting. its a time to get things done.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
except as a center he would be playing behind Kadri and Matthews, aka not against Bergeron and Chara, so no, his competition would be tenfold easier.

I get that you're so obsessed with Toronto that you hope all our players fail, but also get 10 mill a year, its just that your wish isn't reality bud. Just like how people said Johnny hockey couldn't hack it because he's too small, not strong and too soft. How did that turn out?

Keep pretending though, we know what we have and it's sure as f*** not Bennett... "LOL"

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Yes but where was he playing in the playoffs when the game actually mattered? Did he play centre when Kadri was injured?
I think I see the main issue here.

You didn’t even watch the Leafs in the playoffs LOL.

Makes a claim that Nylander could never handle playing centre “in the playoffs when games matter”

Then proceeds to literally have to ask “did Nylander play centre in the playoffs?” (After claiming he could never play centre “when games matter, in the playoffs)

Well, young fellow, as already proven, Nylander did indeed play centre, “in the playoffs, when games matter”, and he and Marner produced very well and controlled the play while Nylander played centre.

Also, you having to literally ask if Nylander played centre is a dead giveaway that you never even watched the leafs, but the fact that you guessed that Kadri was injured, when he was actually suspended, is 100% indisputable proof that you didn’t watch the leafs in the playoffs.

As the kids say these days: Fail. Way too go. LOL

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I am not a big Nylander fan but Pettersson is not good enough to be ahead of a decently productive young NHLer at this point. He is not at the McDavid level of greatness than one can assume he will dominate when he shows up.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I always like to view questions like this from both sides of the fence and be the least biased as possible. That said..I'm sorry but its continual questions like this, particularly involving the Leafs that pit players who haven't even played a single NHL game against one of their young guns who has already cranked out respectable seasons as utterly ridiculous, bordering on troll-esque.

William Nylander has already cranked out back to back 61 point seasons and he just turned 22. He even has respectable playoff numbers with 8 points in 13 career games in the dance. Its also clear that he hasn't even reached his complete potential yet.

At the end of the day I find questions like, and especially ones titled "Who would you rather have on your team?" when one of the players involved already has 130+ career NHL points to one with 0 as completely unnecessary, its almost as if they are asked to provoke Leafs fans.

William Nylander and its not even close. Maybe ask this after Pettersson has a few NHL seasons under his belt, as compared to the...you know 0 games he currently has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarmore

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I think I see the main issue here.

You didn’t even watch the Leafs in the playoffs LOL.

Makes a claim that Nylander could never handle playing centre “in the playoffs when games matter”

Then proceeds to literally have to ask “did Nylander play centre in the playoffs?” (After claiming he could never play centre “when games matter, in the playoffs)

Well, young fellow, as already proven, Nylander did indeed play centre, “in the playoffs, when games matter”, and he and Marner produced very well and controlled the play while Nylander played centre.

Also, you having to literally ask if Nylander played centre is a dead giveaway that you never even watched the leafs, but the fact that you guessed that Kadri was injured, when he was actually suspended, is 100% indisputable proof that you didn’t watch the leafs in the playoffs.

As the kids say these days: Fail. Way too go. LOL
[mod] I get it choking to the same team over and over again sucks.
*suspended not injured. I actually did watch the series and majority of it Nylander played wing cause hes too weak for centre. No wonder u guys lost again. How many years has it been since u won a playoff series?

Last edited by a moderator:

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
except as a center he would be playing behind Kadri and Matthews, aka not against Bergeron and Chara, so no, his competition would be tenfold easier.

I get that you're so obsessed with Toronto that you hope all our players fail, but also get 10 mill a year, its just that your wish isn't reality bud. Just like how people said Johnny hockey couldn't hack it because he's too small, not strong and too soft. How did that turn out?

Keep pretending though, we know what we have and it's sure as **** not Bennett... "LOL"
Hey, at least Bennetts played in the second round :naughty:

Reactions: Hugh Mungus

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs might not trade Nylander for Horvat. If stats mean anything , Horvat doesn't match Nylander. And Horvat is the number one centre for Canucks? Pettersson better be good to order to help the Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese