Nylander vs Pettersson

Who would you rather have on your team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
I voted for Pettersson as has the higher upside and has all the ELC contract years ahead but we'll see how he competes in the NHL, especially playoffs.

People give Nylander shit for being weak in the playoffs, but Pettersson is 30 pounds lighter and also plays a similar game, he looked weak along the boards in the WC yesterday, stick him against a desperate Chara, Bergeron and Marchand or make him play against Ovi and Backstrom for a series is another animal.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I dont think we'll know on this for awhile as I dont think Pettersson will be in the league next year.

If Pettersson turned out like Nylander that would be awesome, just hopefully he has more grit than Nylander.

Reactions: lawrence

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Give me the guy that actually has accomplished something at the NHL level lol

You would probably take barberio over dahlin too, wouldn't you?

You're both right but at polar ends of the spectrum. Obviously Nylander is already in the NHL and contributing offensively. His center is the driver of the line and the PP he racks up points on is very good but he's obvously an impact forward.

Nylander is defintely a long term top6 player. But with Pettersson, there's serious top line center potential there. This isn't some prospect hugging with this guy, he is legit. I would definitely take a chance on him over Nylander. Nylander definitely doesn't have the same top line center potential and probably projects as a winger longer term.

Reactions: Szechwan

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
The proven commodity over the mystery box. And no, Pettersson isn't comparable to high end #1s.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The proven commodity over the mystery box. And no, Pettersson isn't comparable to high end #1s.

I mean the dude just did some unprecedentd stuff. won the SHL scoring title at 19. The last teenagers to even finish top 10 were Sedin and Zetterberg way back. Broke the Forsberg record and now holds the record for points by a junior aged player.

Mystery box is an exaggeration.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I usually take the known quantity, but the Canucks need a home run and I think Pettersson has the higher potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino