North Bay Battalion 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
And Austin Kosack was waived out of the OHL and has signed with the Moncton Wildcats of the Q.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
At this afternoon's workout, Kyle Wood and Brady Lyle were in the red (no contact) shirts. Both players were fully engaged in the various drills. Hopefully they will be back before too long.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Probably for the best. Very mature decision by Bratina. Concussions are a serious matter and he made the right decision choosing his health over the sport. Will definitely miss watching him play out there though.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Very sorry to hear. Good to see a young player making a smart decision and choosing to look after their health. Probably the toughest decision a player can make - retire early from the sport you love due to injury.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Very sorry to hear. Good to see a young player making a smart decision and choosing to look after their health. Probably the toughest decision a player can make - retire early from the sport you love due to injury.

It is very sad to hear that he's dealing with symptoms, but I agree - his long term health is far more important than the game, and I hope he regains full health very soon. It takes a lot of guts, and more brains, to walk away from the game you love.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
Nice trade by Stanley, getting 17 year old Daniil Vertiy from Windsor.
Looks like he is building a nice young team. It would be nice if we could fill the other import spot somehow.

rollo tape

May 11, 2007
..have not seen mom and dad up in #6 all season....great decision to retire ...tough for everyone....

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
yes I believe it does..mom and dad on board to return after last seasons hit???????

You have no idea what you are talking about!!!!
Zach's parents sat with his billets in section 5 earlier in the season and further up section 7 with the host families.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
Went to the game in Sudbury last night..2 new guys looked real good.
Daniil plays with confidence and works real hard. Harland is a wizard with the puck and will be awesome on the power play.Kment solid again.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Went to the game in Sudbury last night..2 new guys looked real good.
Daniil plays with confidence and works real hard. Harland is a wizard with the puck and will be awesome on the power play.Kment solid again.

I think Kment has proven himself ... Does this mean we send Smith to a contender for a "boatload" of draft picks now or keep him??

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA

Its unfortunate to see such a bright career end so soon, but good for him making a tough decision for his long term health. It is interesting that in his retirement statement he said he has been dealing with concussion symptoms for years. The league needs to come up with better ways to address this issue, and support these players.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
trades

I think Kment has proven himself ... Does this mean we send Smith to a contender for a "boatload" of draft picks now or keep him??

Probably the smart thing to do if he could. Wood too.

Hold on there fellas; wait until the trade deadline and Stan will get more for them.
I would include Amadio in there too. He ain't coming back as an overager.

Wood, Smith, Amadio out; a new franchise goalie and high picks IN. I can't see Stan keeping Kment as OA next year.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
Hold on there fellas; wait until the trade deadline and Stan will get more for them.

Wood, Smith, Amadio out; a new franchise goalie and high picks IN. I can't see Stan keeping Kment as OA next year.

January 10th will be here before you know it. It would be nice if the deadline was a month later, as a half season is a long time if you are a seller.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

I heard from someone close to a GM that Smith, Amadio, Bratina, Santos and Liberati are all names available to the highest bidders. Wood's name is not out there! Value would be higher closer to the deadline I agree. I think 3Wood is our captain next season.

Battalionfan

Sep 25, 2015
I heard from someone close to a GM that Smith, Amadio, Bratina, Santos and Liberati are all names available to the highest bidders. Wood's name is not out there! Value would be higher closer to the deadline I agree. I think 3Wood is our captain next season.

Wood can only come back next year as an overager and that is very unlikely, so I expect he will not be captain!

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Wood can only come back next year as an overager and that is very unlikely, so I expect he will not be captain!

Why wouldn't he come back, he doesn't have a contract with Colorado. Our captain in year 1 was Goodrow, an overage. In year 2 McIvor, an overage... why do you say unlikely??

Battalionfan

Sep 25, 2015
Why wouldn't he come back, he doesn't have a contract with Colorado. Our captain in year 1 was Goodrow, an overage. In year 2 McIvor, an overage... why do you say unlikely??

The chances of Wood not getting a contract with Colorado are very slim. Just because he doesn't have one now doesn't mean he won't sign one before next season. He is too good for them to let him go. The same reason why Kujiwinski, Paul, Moutrey, or Blujus didn't play an overage year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad