North Bay Battalion 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollo tape

May 11, 2007
...missing Bratina hurts but Battalion picked up the slack...who hit Bratina at games end last game in Missy..hope that non call does not end his hockey carreer....but I am hearing a rumour of bad news..

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Thank you for the Wood update, I'm especially interested in hearing how his return is progressing. It's not easy to find information.

I'm also eager for Wood to return in the hope that he's traded to London! He would bolster the Knights' defence, and we have young surplus forwards (and picks if necessary) to help with NB's rebuild.
What the hell--throw in Jake Smith and let's do a major deal! One stop shopping.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
I'm also eager for Wood to return in the hope that he's traded to London! He would bolster the Knights' defence, and we have young surplus forwards (and picks if necessary) to help with NB's rebuild.
What the hell--throw in Jake Smith and let's do a major deal! One stop shopping.

I am sure this will happen in January to the highest bidder.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
With this being the last year of the 3 year season ticket commitment, One would suspect that Stanley will have to put together a fairly half decent team in order for STH to commit to another 3 years. When talking to people, there haven't been many that will commit to another 3 years but will gladly take them for a year after year basis.
Do all the teams have this 3 year commitment in place ?

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
With this being the last year of the 3 year season ticket commitment, One would suspect that Stanley will have to put together a fairly half decent team in order for STH to commit to another 3 years. When talking to people, there haven't been many that will commit to another 3 years but will gladly take them for a year after year basis.

Not sure about all teams but in Niagara, if you commit to 3 years, you pay the first year price for all 3 years and avoid the price increases.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
Brattina

What's going on with Bratina

My source has told me that Brattina is showing signs of a concussion and that he's gone home for help.

They have offered Harland from the Voodoos what he wanted so look out for him.

They are sending two down...most likely Moore and Ramalho.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
My source has told me that Brattina is showing signs of a concussion and that he's gone home for help.

They have offered Harland from the Voodoos what he wanted so look out for him.

They are sending two down...most likely Moore and Ramalho.

I figured Harland for NCAA. Hope you are right. we don't have many 96's, so he could play overage as well next year.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Any status updates on Smith, Bratina and or Wood? Are any of the three expected to play tomorrow?

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014

Over the course of the 2+ seasons, I have missed over 20 games due to work, travel, other family events...etc. and will miss another 8-10 before this season is over. I have 2 Season tickets and if required to renew for 3 more years, I'd be a fool to do so. The thing I don't like is being stuck if something should happen. It's not like ppl are begging to get into the gardens, lots of walkup tickets available. I'm willing to pony up $1100 next season and continue to support the team...if they don't want my money, I will pay as I go and probably be further ahead. A couple of redemption nights would be beneficial so unused tickets could be used. With all this talk about the "3 year commitment", why hasn't someone from the organization stepped up and told us what is required next season??

Battalionfan

Sep 25, 2015
Any status updates on Smith, Bratina and or Wood? Are any of the three expected to play tomorrow?

I don' think any of these three will be in the lineup tomorrow. According to local reports Bratina's season is "in question", Wood is hopeful to be back before December, and there hasn't been any mention of Smith. Looks like Steve Harland will be playing tonight. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to the OHL as he has dominated the NOJHL (and the CJHL for that matter) so far this season and last. If he ends up making an extended stay with the team it will be interesting to see how long the Battalion Jr. A affiliate, the Powassan Voodoos will stay #1 ranked in the country without their star player.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
why?

Please tell me why Stan would dress a injured goalie as backup, eating the third overage spot,instead of dressing Kosack. We need him back there.He did this in Kitchener the other day as well.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Just announced....Battalion will be offering a 1 year season ticket option....put me in for a pair. Smart move by management!!

rollo tape

May 11, 2007
terrific....now throw in a redemption nite or 3 and I am in with both feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
terrific....now throw in a redemption nite or 3 and I am in with both feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This concept has never made sense to me. If your not going to the game..give your tickets to someone who would like to go.2+2+2+2=8 just like 4X2=8.

rollo tape

May 11, 2007
no...I would give them to someone...not thrown in the trash......team gets another sale for food...beer...Troop store purchase????....another bum in the seats..as they say...

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm confused, if your giving them away what dif does it matter what game you give em away for?

Unless, I guess you want to go with buddies and host. That I could see.
I don't know NB, but could you get 8 together on rain check day? Esp if many exercised the option.

rollo tape

May 11, 2007
..If I am sick..cannot go..as of now nobody gets the benefit of going to a game...ticket is in trash/garbage..no value...I give it away to someone..then the seat is filled..not empty..my friend buys a beer...overpriced food...team gains and I am a hero to someone..

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Re: Unused Tickets

Unused tickets don't have to be wasted even if there are no ticket redemption nights. If you are unable to use them, consider donating to Big Brothers/Big Sisters or some other local social services organization. I did so a number of times earlier this year when a health issue got in the way of going to games. Trust me, you will have your hero needs fulfilled as I did, they were very grateful.

For the record, they don't issue tax receipts for occasional donations, but will do so if you give a bunch (how many, I don't know) at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad