Prospect Info: Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

apexpredator

Jul 30, 2016
Yes lets put all our eggs on a rookie that has only played 3 NHL games and a veteran that is coming of a serious injury that required surgery instead of resigning Radulov... [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Scherbak in beast mode? We all know the guy needed to work on his legs, well it looks like he understood it as well..

http://www.gohabsgo.com/2017/08/08/nikita-scherbak-demontre-toute-la-puissance-de-ses/

Hopefully he surprises us at the camp cause purely based on skills, he is easily one of our top prospects.. Go Scherby, make us believe again! :yo:

find it funny when little video like that pop on the social media and people are impressed and call this beast mode training or Galchenyuk training like a machine!! climbing a bunch of stairs. cmon now thats some usual training. i know these guys arent bodybuilder or powerlifter, but they training they do is very friendly user and anybody can do them, having the talent on ice is a different thing.

As for me their training are far from impressive, its just the normal work to do.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
find it funny when little video like that pop on the social media and people are impressed and call this beast mode training or Galchenyuk training like a machine!! climbing a bunch of stairs. cmon now thats some usual training. i know these guys arent bodybuilder or powerlifter, but they training they do is very friendly user and anybody can do them, having the talent on ice is a different thing.

As for me their training are far from impressive, its just the normal work to do.

wasn't Pacioretty doing roughly that same height of box jump just before he broke out?

pretty impressive. i like that he's doing the summer with Allard. At least he's showing some dedication.

I still think a lot of obstacles he faces are mental and I think at best he'll always probably be frustrating like AK46 but at least he seems to get it. He definitely has the talent to give our offense a boost imo.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
wasn't Pacioretty doing roughly that same height of box jump just before he broke out?

pretty impressive. i like that he's doing the summer with Allard. At least he's showing some dedication.
I still think a lot of obstacles he faces are mental and I think at best he'll always probably be frustrating like AK46 but at least he seems to get it. He definitely has the talent to give our offense a boost imo.

This video makes Scherbak look like a weenie. Box jumps are done from a stationary position. I know Bantam and midget players that can do what he just did. You understand that he clearly did this after failing to do It properly. .....

To post a video of himself barely making a jump while cheating is actually a little concerning tbh. It is one thing for young teens to share something like this but an elite athlete? To top it off he looked weak when jumping down from the box. If you have ever done a box jump or trained with other athletes doing them you would know that he would be ridiculed for this display. It is the equivalent of your average ****** *** at the gym swinging his curls or using the lat pull down bar as a counterweight..

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
This video makes Scherbak look like a weenie. Box jumps are done from a stationary position. I know Bantam and midget players that can do what he just did. You understand that he clearly did this after failing to do It properly. .....

To post a video of himself barely making a jump while cheating is actually a little concerning tbh. It is one thing for young teens to share something like this but an elite athlete? To top it off he looked weak when jumping down from the box. If you have ever done a box jump or trained with other athletes doing them you would know that he would be ridiculed for this display. It is the equivalent of your average ****** *** at the gym swinging his curls or using the lat pull down bar as a counterweight..

He's not doing box jumps. I've seen many programs that actually use this type of vertical jumping exercise along with the box jump that you are familiar with. I suppose that athletes that are unfamiliar with this particular exercise might ridicule someone for doing it, but that says more about them than anything.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

I was ready to buy that until the "he looked weak when jumping down" part. HOW exactly did he look weak, so I can understand? There is never a GOOD reason to jump down from that height! There is zero training benefit and the impact on the body from jumping DOWN from such a height is always present. Risk of a stupid injury is not a good reason for stupid bravado.

What I do see is how this video doesn't fit with the needing to work on legs part and understanding it because the legs still look like twigs.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

When interviewed recently about the possibility of cracking the Habs' top-6 as early as this season, Scherbak said that there was an opening for him, but that he needed to work to prove that he belonged.

This coming from a player who has been knocked for lack of consistency and a dubious work ethic, it shows that, at least, he knows what is up and what he needs to do.

Now, whether that is just lip service with no real intention remains to be seen.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON

what I don't get is why ANY prospect or player wouldn't be going all in, in training during the summer with any and all resources provided? what prospect (or player) decides to take the summer off, get fat, drink and party?

Oct 22, 2012
When interviewed recently about the possibility of cracking the Habs' top-6 as early as this season, Scherbak said that there was an opening for him, but that he needed to work to prove that he belonged.

This coming from a player who has been knocked for lack of consistency and a dubious work ethic, it shows that, at least, he knows what is up and what he needs to do.

Now, whether that is just lip service with no real intention remains to be seen.

There's been little hints throw out there over the years by habs staff, about him being taught how to be a pro. I believe this is his 2nd summer in a row spending time in MTL to train, so it does look like he is putting in the work.

Now, he also did come to rookie camp saying he didn't get much time on the ice yet. That was beginning of July, so that didn't sound that great. I won't straight up say he should have done more, I have no idea how offseason training routines should go. He is fairly active on instagram, but that won't ever tell you the whole story. Hanging out with your friends in Russia doesn't mean you weren't hitting the gym.

Anways like you said, proof will be there come September.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This is an important year for Scherbak...he's not going to make the team out of camp, but he needs to be a dominant AHL player this year, and his goal should be to be in Montreal by the end of this year.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Well I'm glad he's training. I feel like his ability to add mass and core srength will have a lot to do with how well he works out as a prospect.

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
Good height on the box jump, but a running start is not much of an indicator... I would like to see how he can go from a still position before I start with the MaxPac comps

edit.. no running start here.. 57 inches high, max was 21 years old at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnhEzHdmJLg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
His lower body strength needs a good bit of improvement, so hopefully that's what he's doing this off-season. His upper body strength needs work as well but it's his lower that most concerns me as he's too easily push off pucks and struggles to contain players behind the net and win puck battles along the wall. Very skilled but just needs to mature physically, if he gets a good bit stronger then it's going to be very interesting. He had a really good season in the AHL but just needs to round out the rest of his game as we know he's got the skill and will produce.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
what I don't get is why ANY prospect or player wouldn't be going all in, in training during the summer with any and all resources provided? what prospect (or player) decides to take the summer off, get fat, drink and party?

Babe Ruth?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No way he can be written off just yet but he needs to take major strides to NHL duty this season.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He's not doing box jumps. I've seen many programs that actually use this type of vertical jumping exercise along with the box jump that you are familiar with. I suppose that athletes that are unfamiliar with this particular exercise might ridicule someone for doing it, but that says more about them than anything.

This truly was not an impressive jump at all. His legs look small and he could barely stick the landing, even jumping down off of the box his legs struggled to support his weight. I have done box jumps and have trained with many who would put this example to shame. Like I said earlier I have coached and trained AAA Bantam and Midget boys who have been more impressive at this exercise.

It is honestly a little worrisome that he would want to share such a silly effort. Looks alot like someone who is new to serious training and is unaware of how unimpressive this effort was. We all know that guy who recently started working out and spams fb with workout vids, pics and memes lol.

Don't mean to be too hard on the kid as he really does have some nice skills. He just seems to be immature and will have to grow up soon and take his career a little more seriously. Less time on childish instagram nonsense and more time training to be an NHLer

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't really think much of Scherbak and his future, but I doubt that was the only exercise of the day. It looks like it would have been after other training. If he just did a day of cardio or leg training and asked to jump that, it'll be difficult, whether he runs or not.

Though in the end he decided to share it as if he's proud of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad