Prospect Info: Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
not too shabby at all

again you can see during the preseason games its just a bit of nervousness ..its not like he cant hack it lol, itll go away eventually

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
It'll be very interesting to see what kind of player Scherbak develops into. Let him play a full year with men in the AHL (hopefully with Hudon, or someone with similar potential and skill). This time next year we will have a much better idea about the guy's potential. Wasn't really impressed by him this training camp, but I'm sure come December he will have figured out how use his skill set in pro hockey.

Great personality, size, hands. Could be a fun player to watch during the next decade.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I loved this:

“I thought Nikita’s two-, three-, four-sentence talk after he would win the hard hat was sometimes done in better English than some of our North American players,” Constantine said. “So we would laugh as coaches.

“There’s a very special human being there,” he added. “Between that intellect to pick up the language, the smile and spirit of his facial expressions. There’s a real gifted guy there that I think will eventually be a pretty dynamic NHL player.”

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The best thing that can happen to Scherbak is to play top 6 minutes all season in the AHL and have success.
A solid 50-60 point AHL Season would be great.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The best thing that can happen to Scherbak is to play top 6 minutes all season in the AHL and have success.
A solid 50-60 point AHL Season would be great.

agreed 100% on all of it

i would of hated to see him as a 19 year old nhler in the bottom 6 on a therrien team.

watch scherbak with hudon and ghetto form a decent line and put up serious points im hoping

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
agreed 100% on all of it

i would of hated to see him as a 19 year old nhler in the bottom 6 on a therrien team.

watch scherbak with hudon and ghetto form a decent line and put up serious points im hoping

I think He will have a great season, and the Ice Caps should make the playoffs too. They have a strong team, and Scherbak and Hudon will likely be the offensive backbone

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
has sherby been this invisible so far in the ahl hes thread is 5 pages back ? i went to the season opener in hartford and didn't really notice him at all.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
has sherby been this invisible so far in the ahl hes thread is 5 pages back ? i went to the season opener in hartford and didn't really notice him at all.

Some mid first rounders from his draft have more points in the NHL this season than he has in the AHL.. Obviously small sample but what's up with him?

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
he's out injured. and adjusting to pro can take more than 8 games for some prospect.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he's shown some flashes but has been mostly invisible, DLR has been even more invisible and Dumont after his career best season last year with 45 pts in 66 games hasn't been as good. I don't know what impact being injured at the end of last season has had on him or if he's just been slow to adjust or if the line just isn't clicking.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Is that a real question? You mean Larkin, McCann and Pastrnak? One year after his draft?

Yeah it's a real question, I thought he'd adapt quickly in the AHL given his pedigree. Maybe my expectations were too high. What's worse is it sounds like he's invisible; I wouldn't care about production if he were creating chances and and all.

he's shown some flashes but has been mostly invisible, DLR has been even more invisible

Two important players who need some quality development time in the AHL. Both of them being invisible is pretty worrisome.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah it's a real question, I thought he'd adapt quickly in the AHL given his pedigree. Maybe my expectations were too high. What's worse is it sounds like he's invisible; I wouldn't care about production if he were creating chances and and all.

Two important players who need some quality development time in the AHL. Both of them being invisible is pretty worrisome.

The thing to keep in mind is that he's had some injury trouble since the end of last season that carried over to the development camp and training camp he didn't look like he was 100% skating. Now he's injured but I don't know if it was the knee or not. Next is that if he were born 2 days later he would be in the WHL right now.

Scherbak, McCarron, Hudon and DLR are the best prospects we have in the AHL so it's very important they get quality development time. But the head coach doesn't have the best record when developing prospects imo, so it was a major concern before the season even started. We can only wait and see how it goes and hope it ends up better then previous 1st rounder picks under the same coach in Leblanc, Tinordi and Beaulieu.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Scherbak is not tearing up the AHL, but people have to remember he's not even 20 yet, won't be for another 2 months.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
i hope no one took that the wrong way when i said he has been invisible, in no way am i calling him a bust. i've just got high hopes for him and expected alittle more then what he's doing.

but like you guys said it's only 8 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->