Nikita "Marschak" Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
There is not a spin that any rational Leaf fan could put on that trade that would put it in a positive light. Despite Kessel's scoring he contributes more to their losses than to their wins. Worst defensive forward and softest player in the entire league. On top of this he is eating up a huge chunk of the salary cap. Like Ovechkin he is an anchor that holds his team back.

"Prophet?" You seem to be going backwards in time. How many years ago was the Rask trade? Bernier has come along to give them quality in goal. As for Kessel, the Leafs' chances of making the playoffs seem to be about as good as the Bruins'. As for Ovechkin, he's reemerged as a monster. The Caps will make the playoffs and the Habs would easily come in first in the Atlantic if they had Ovie.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
You missed post #923 lol

The size, willingness to fight, top 6 potential, scoring ability (25 goals 25 assist type player) Mccarron saying he wants to mold his game after Lucic, hope this clarifies it for you

Ever heard of Chad Kilger? Now I'm not saying he's closer to CK than he is ML, but if that's what makes people compare McC to Lucic then every top 6 player with size could be the next Lucic. But good on him to try and mold his game in accordance, hope he does.

Size alone isn't what makes Lucic a special player, it just helps accentuate his toolset.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Ever heard of Chad Kilger? Now I'm not saying he's closer to CK than he is ML, but if that's what makes people compare McC to Lucic then every top 6 player with size could be the next Lucic. But good on him to try and mold his game in accordance, hope he does.

Size alone isn't what makes Lucic a special player, it just helps accentuate his toolset.

Kilger was wasted by the Ducks when they decided to keep him at 18 year just because he had the body of an NHL athlete. McCarron is being developed the right way by a great management team so you can`t really compare the 2.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal

Chad Kilger had stone hands and low hockey sense. Two traits that McCarron doesn't share with him from my viewings.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Tips twitter feed is pure gold.

Thumbs up to Nikita, he gets to play the Wheatkings tonight & the Pats tomorrow finishing their road trip before heading back to Everett. Go Silvertips Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: and Scherbak one of our WHL star prospects, along with Lernout & Bozon, all producing well for their respective teams.:nod:

kazmanian

Sep 30, 2014
Yes the year Galchenyuk was drafted he was compared to Anze Kopitar, big physical, skilled, a center who plays all three zones.

Nikita Scherbak was compared to Jakub Voracek, a dynamic big physical winger who as great vision and good speed.

Michael McCarron has turned into a beast. He was suppose to be compared to Milan Lucic.

Our future RW:
Scherbak
Gallagher
McCarron

Our future LW:
Pacioretty
Andrigetto
?

Our future C:
Galchenyuk
Eller
de la Rose

Sekac

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Yes the year Galchenyuk was drafted he was compared to Anze Kopitar, big physical, skilled, a center who plays all three zones.

Nikita Scherbak was compared to Jakub Voracek, a dynamic big physical winger who as great vision and good speed.

Michael McCarron has turned into a beast. He was suppose to be compared to Milan Lucic.

Our future RW:
Scherbak
Gallagher
McCarron

Our future LW:
Pacioretty
Andrigetto
? ? ?

Our future C:
Galchenyuk
Eller
de la Rose

Future LW:
Pacioretty
Hudon (winger/center)
Sekac
Andrighetto

I'd still sign Plekanec to 3 more seasons+...if it were up to me.
(with no NTC, unless Pleks wants a NTC with a slightly lower salary,etc).

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Future LW:
Pacioretty
Hudon (winger/center)
Sekac
Andrighetto

I'd still sign Plekanec to 3 more seasons+...if it were up to me.
(with no NTC, unless Pleks wants a NTC with a slightly lower salary,etc).

We can't forget feel-good story Tim Bozon. Haven't seen him play, but stats-wise, it seems like he's making a pretty good comeback

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Don't remember Kilger being a fighter.....as for comparing McCarron to Lucic, the scoring ability plus the fighting ability is what makes these players special. Not every top six fwd with size can fight, actually not too many of them can, not to the extent and viciousness of Lucic and possibly McCarron (trending towards that type).

I like Pacioretty's skill set, speed, size and scoring ability, I like Sekac's skill set, size, tons of speed and shows flashes of scoring ability, will be nice to have the size, scoring and fighting ability of McCarron to compliment the rest of the team.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
We can't forget feel-good story Tim Bozon. Haven't seen him play, but stats-wise, it seems like he's making a pretty good comeback

Yup, definitely a feel-good story, but we have to wait a bit more for Bozon to get up there in value...we have to give him time.

Future LW:
Pacioretty
Hudon (winger/center)
Sekac
Andrighetto
Bozon
Lehkonen

Imo (in future...near future...guess-timating):
Hudon > Sekac or Andrighetto > Lehkonen or Bozon
(Hudon...2015 playoffs? NHL next season?).

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Yup, definitely a feel-good story, but we have to wait a bit more for Bozon to get up there in value...we have to give him time.

Future LW:
Pacioretty
Hudon (winger/center)
Sekac
Andrighetto
Bozon
Lehkonen

Imo (in future...near future...guess-timating):
Hudon > Sekac or Andrighetto > Lehkonen or Bozon
(Hudon...2015 playoffs? NHL next season?).

I agree about Bozon. Just wanted to point out that he should at least be in the discussion of future LWs... Especially with the size fetish we have on this board

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Our future RW:
Scherbak
Gallagher
McCarron

Our future LW:
Pacioretty
Andrigetto
?

Our future C:
Galchenyuk
Eller
de la Rose

Lol, you're forgeting the winger that outplays them all aside from Patches in the NHL... Where's Sekac?

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Tim Bozon's game will pick up again because he's got Sam Reinhart back! I think Tim could easily become our third liner of the future!

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Let's try this again:

The size, willingness to fight, top 6 potential, scoring ability (25 goals 25 assist type player) Mccarron saying he wants to mold his game after Lucic, hope this clarifies it for you

I'll re-write this in list form, helps see things better:

1. Size
  2. Willingness to Fight
  3. Top 6 Potential
  4. Scoring Ability (25g/25a-type of player)
  5. He himself molds his game after Lucic

You clearly didn't read 3 of the 5 things up there. It's not just size that makes them comparable. It's everything.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like that Scherbak is getting his points in almost every game he plays. He's not having a bunch of 3-5 pt games that you rarely see in the NHL. He's just a model of consistency.

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
I like his consistency too. I think there's a good probability to see him becoming a full time nhler by te end of next year

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
  1. Size
  2. Willingness to Fight
  3. Top 6 Potential
  4. Scoring Ability (25g/25a-type of player)
  5. He himself molds his game after Lucic

You clearly didn't read 3 of the 5 things up there. It's not just size that makes them comparable. It's everything.

The most important element of Lucic's game is not on your list:

Mental weakness.

His hyper-emotional state has cost him penalties, production, and league-wide credibility. He's been a non-factor against the Habs because he is consistently psyched out, and now his angry, sulky tantrums have affected his entire season. He's gone from a fan favourite to an HF trade-proposal.

McCarron may not reach Lucic's highest upside, but he could easily avoid sinking to Lucic's lowest behaviour.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
51 points in 34 games the year after his draft.
Galchenyuk had 61 points in 33 games in a more offensive league the year after his draft.

Considering where we picked Scherbak, there are good reasons to believe he'll get a shot next season. I just hope he skips the SLY step.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The most important element of Lucic's game is not on your list:

Mental weakness.

His hyper-emotional state has cost him penalties, production, and league-wide credibility. He's been a non-factor against the Habs because he is consistently psyched out, and now his angry, sulky tantrums have affected his entire season. He's gone from a fan favourite to an HF trade-proposal.

McCarron may not reach Lucic's highest upside, but he could easily avoid sinking to Lucic's lowest behaviour.

It's actually my list but you're right, I never thought of him in that way. The comparison is still there when you think about strengths, physical attributes and potential. I think immaturity is Lucic's main undoing, I'm wondering if it's the Bruin factor, the Bruin way of doing things that maybe drags him down to a lower level in that aspect? I would still take him on my team though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad