Nikita "Marschak" Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

When he was draft, TSN compare Sherback to Voracek. I think that he will complete a solid pair with Galchenyuk because of his creativity and hockey IQ. They will be our first line duo. Not Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. Max will play with them and get tons of points, but it will the two young russians who will create the scoring chances.

And we all know that for a solid legacy. You need a solid pair :naughty:

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
Tips going rampage on scherbak's old team, still one period to go..
shots: 29 vs 19
score: 5-1
scherbak: 2 assists

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The only solid pair Kessel has is a pair of man Boobs, don't matter how Leaf fans spin it, they lost that trade big time...and the Rask for Raycroft :laugh:

There is not a spin that any rational Leaf fan could put on that trade that would put it in a positive light. Despite Kessel's scoring he contributes more to their losses than to their wins. Worst defensive forward and softest player in the entire league. On top of this he is eating up a huge chunk of the salary cap. Like Ovechkin he is an anchor that holds his team back.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Nikita has 48 pts. in 32 gms. for 1.5 pts. per game, if he plays in all of Everett's remaining games at this avg., he will have 99 pts in 66 games by the end of the season.(He missed 6 games) Also Scherbak has been held off the scoresheet only 3 times all season, Mr. Consistency!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
I think Scherbak's best comparable is Galchenyuk.

But Voracek is also a good guess. Either way, this is the late first round pick I've loved the most in recent years. Hell, the vast majority of posters on HF are happy with the pick, THAT says something.

When Chucky was drafted, wasn't he compared to Kopitar?

Analyzer*

Boston picked David Pasternak right before us. Time will tell if they made the right choice, but both prospects are looking good.

Even if Scherbak is better, Boston's guy will likely be better than a lot of players picked higher than him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah, they got a good one for sure.

Barbashev also looking very good. I would have been happy with either him or Scherbak. Nikita has the higher ceiling, but Ivan the higher floor.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Yes the year Galchenyuk was drafted he was compared to Anze Kopitar, big physical, skilled, a center who plays all three zones.

Nikita Scherbak was compared to Jakub Voracek, a dynamic big physical winger who as great vision and good speed.

Michael McCarron has turned into a beast. He was suppose to be compared to Milan Lucic.

Our future RW:
Scherbak
Gallagher
McCarron

Our future LW:
Pacioretty
Andrigetto
?

Our future C:
Galchenyuk
Eller
de la Rose

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Yes the year Galchenyuk was drafted he was compared to Anze Kopitar, big physical, skilled, a center who plays all three zones.

Nikita Scherbak was compared to Jakub Voracek, a dynamic big physical winger who as great vision and good speed.

Michael McCarron has turned into a beast. He was suppose to be compared to Milan Lucic.

Our future RW:
Scherbak
Gallagher
McCarron

Our future LW:
Pacioretty
Andrigetto
?

Our future C:
Galchenyuk
Eller
de la Rose

I'm okay with the other two comparisons but I cringe when I hear people say this. How are they even remotely alike?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'm okay with the other two comparisons but I cringe when I hear people say this. How are they even remotely alike?

The size, willingness to fight, top 6 potential, scoring ability (25 goals 25 assist type player) Mccarron saying he wants to mold his game after Lucic, hope this clarifies it for you

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010

Really? think really hard....

It's the other two that are poor comparables..and can't say I ever heard the comparisons before the draft either..Chuck is substantially smaller than Anze,...Scherbak is not the power forward type player Voracek is...weighted 25 pounds less in his draft year. Scherbak is an east west dangler, Voracek is terrific on the cycle.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Really? think really hard....

It's the other two that are poor comparables..and can't say I ever heard the comparisons before the draft either..Chuck is substantially smaller than Anze,...Scherbak is not the power forward type player Voracek is...weighted 25 pounds less in his draft year. Scherbak is an east west dangler, Voracek is terrific on the cycle.

Okay, as the other poster mentioned, size is pretty much all they have in common. Unless I really missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad