Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Kitchener dropped the Icedogs tonight 7 to 4 before 2,842 fans at the Meridian Centre Assadourian scored twice for the Dogs other goals by Wysik and Bryant in his 100 career game.shots 40 36 for the Dogs.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Former Niagara Icedog Jacob Leblanc scored the winning goal in overtime in a thre to two win over the Dogs before 3,465 fans at the Meridian centre. Podiouiloukh shorthand and Levin late in period three scored for the Dogs . Nect game Sunday afternoon at 4 in Erie.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs first road win today in Erie 5 to 3 before 2,276 fans. Lavoie scored twice for the Dogs plus goals by Roobroeck He and Levin . Next game Friday at home against Peterborough.

Reactions: Gondrex

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Haven't followed the Ice Dogs in a few years. If I go this season, any draft eligible prospects to watch for?

I noticed there is only 1 player who's rights are owned by an NHL team atm.

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
Haven't followed the Ice Dogs in a few years. If I go this season, any draft eligible prospects to watch for?

I noticed there is only 1 player who's rights are owned by an NHL team atm.
(#11) Kevin He (Ontario Hockey League) is probably their top draft eligible player this year. (#16) Michael Levin (Ontario Hockey League) also on the roster as a draft eligible player.

As for younger than that.. (#25) Ryan Roobroeck went #2 in the OHL priority selection in 2023, at 16 he's already 6'2 185 lbs with 4 points in 9 games on the season. (#12) Ethan Czata went 5th in the OHL priority selection in 2023.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Peterborough shades the Icedogs in overtime 4 to 3 on Mayer game winning goal his second of the night he also had an assist. Lavoie Roobroeck and Vermulion scored for the Dogs. Petes outshot the Dogs 53 to 36 3,632 fans watched re game at the Meridian Centre .Next game Saturday night in Windsor.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Finally a overtime win tonight in Windsor 7 to 6 Bryant the winning goal Paris also scored twice for the Dogs 3,696 fans watched in Windsor

Last edited:

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Sarnia shades the Icedogs 4 to 3 in a shootout before 4,161 fans in Sarnia. Paris Podolioukh and Vermolin scored for the Dogs . Next game Friday night in Sudbury.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs lost to Sudbury last night in Sudbury 3 to 1 Paris the only goal for the Dogs .Next game tonight at home against North Bay.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
North Bay out scored Niagara two to one in per three to shade the Dogs 4 to 3 before 4,285 fans at the Merdian Centre. Wakely paced North Bay with two goals Nelson and Ertal also scored for North Bay. Lavoie Levin and He scored for Niagara. Shots 47 22 for Erie Flores took the loss. Next game Thursday night at home against Sudbury.

mattommy98

Apr 3, 2023
Please keep galiyanov or another young guy instead of Klein or oflarety both don’t show me anything

Please keep galiyanov or another young guy instead of Klein or oflarety both don’t show me anything
Klein with an awful penalty with 2 mins left took the wind out of the sails

Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Sudbury 7 Icedog 2 2,984 fans at the Meridian Centre Dvorsky and Delic with two goals each paced Sudbury tonight . Galivanov and Lavoie scored for the Dogs shots 40 37 for the Icedogs who went zero for four on the power play. Vanderberg took the loss.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
This trade is horrible. Interest in the IceDogs here in Niagara continues to dwindle and attendance is the lowest it's ever been since moving to the new arena. The new IceDogs owner will kill the IceDogs. This is so sad. He has no clue how to run a hockey team.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
This trade is horrible. Interest in the IceDogs here in Niagara continues to dwindle and attendance is the lowest it's ever been since moving to the new arena. The new IceDogs owner will kill the IceDogs. This is so sad. He has no clue how to run a hockey team.
I did notice watching the game a lot of seats were empty. That's not been the case watching games in the last couple of years. Concerning I hope it turns around as the support has been there with a nice new arena. But I have to add that Niagara played well in Sudbury and the game last night was closer for the most part until the later part of the third. Just didn't understand the trade yesterday and giving up so many picks and younger player for a 19 year old fringe player. Made no sense.

WJ

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
That arena was empty from what it looked like on tv. It’s a shame because Niagara has had some of the best attendance over the years. This looks like Sudbury when Burgess put his kid on the team and pissed off the fan base which is still not back despite new ownership, some decent teams and talented players over the last couple seasons. No fan base is going to put up with a low level product, there are other things to do. Trust me, I’ve seen this before up here, and it’s going to take a very long time before it gets better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad