Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Camaro67

Feb 20, 2023
Looking forward to seeing this group tomorrow! Plenty of leaders in this mix. Nice to see Bryant with an A again. Disgusting treatment he got at OS from the Coaching/Management group. They’re lucky to have quality on the ice to mask the dumpster fire that goes on behind the scenes. Glad to see Niagara placing culture as a priority moving forward. Great example to set. Let’s go IceDogs!

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Best of luck this evening, but also I seriously hope we crush ya! Haha sincerely hope for your sake that it’s a better season

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Looking forward to seeing this group tomorrow! Plenty of leaders in this mix. Nice to see Bryant with an A again. Disgusting treatment he got at OS from the Coaching/Management group. They’re lucky to have quality on the ice to mask the dumpster fire that goes on behind the scenes. Glad to see Niagara placing culture as a priority moving forward. Great example to set. Let’s go IceDogs!
you are aware that niagara told players they had to pack their own lunches on the road last year, would not allow players to stay in hotels and would just drive 8 hours to games and had 2 leaders not exactly leading the way with regards to how to treat other teammates, right? this feels like a parent post?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
First game in the books a tough 2 to 1 loss to London. Parris the lone goal scorer for the Dogs before a packed house of 9,036 fans . Next game tomorrow night in Niagara.

Reactions: mattommy98 and LDN

Camaro67

Feb 20, 2023
you are aware that niagara told players they had to pack their own lunches on the road last year, would not allow players to stay in hotels and would just drive 8 hours to games and had 2 leaders not exactly leading the way with regards to how to treat other teammates, right? this feels like a parent post?
Quite aware of last years antics in Niagara and definitely not a parent lol. Have a sense of optimism pal. Won’t get you anywhere if you continue to live in the past. I think there’s a big difference between what went on last year and what’s being presented currently.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
London scored three unanswered goals in period three to beat the Icedogs 5 to 2 before 4,365 fans at the Meridian Centre. Stern and Bryan scored the Icedogs goal. Next game Thursday night at home against Mississauga.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
London scored three unanswered goals in period three to beat the Icedogs 5 to 2 before 4,365 fans at the Meridian Centre. Stern and Bryan scored the Icedogs goal. Next game Thursday night at home against Mississauga.
I was at the game. Thought the IceDogs played good for the most part. There was a couple of missed calls that changed the game. The first being the 4 minute double minor for roughing. Should have been 5 and a game for instigating.

I am somewhat disappointed that it wasn't a sellout. For a home opener and on a Saturday night it should have been an easy sellout

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Quite aware of last years antics in Niagara and definitely not a parent lol. Have a sense of optimism pal. Won’t get you anywhere if you continue to live in the past. I think there’s a big difference between what went on last year and what’s being presented currently.
thats what they said last year, they said there were no problems last year, until the league came down on them and then suspended the owner / gm for two years.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
The problem is what has the owner done to make us think that he will run the team properly. He still doesn't have a real GM, he still only has 5 scouts and he passed on the second round of the import draft despite having a roster spot open. Granted he did hire an experienced associate coach (Ben Boudreau) and has Bruce Boudreau as an adviser, but the jury is still out on whether Bruce is being paid or volunteered as a thank-you for hiring his son.

Basically the owner is too cheap to run the team properly. But has he changed? Well the fans are up in arms that he fired their in game host, who has been in that position since the team came to Niagara in 2007 and replaced her with a young inexperienced girl who is probably getting paid way less. So I say no, he hasn't changed. But I guess time will tell.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Tonight at the Meridian Centre Missy beat the Icedogs 2 to 0 before 2,593 fans .Next game for the Dogs is a visit to Barrie Saturday night.

Reactions: Roadhog

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
owner better sell soon! I can't remember a game at the Jack with 2,500 fans.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
First season average attendance was 2773 considerably over the 2,500 last night. There very well could have been a night or 2 where the attendance was lower. That fact doesn't make the attendance last night any less embarrassing. #SELLTHETEAM

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
First season average attendance was 2773 considerably over the 2,500 last night. There very well could have been a night or 2 where the attendance was lower. That fact doesn't make the attendance last night any less embarrassing. #SELLTHETEAM
That's all well and good but who's going to buy them? When the previous owner sold the team the current owner was the only one willing to buy them. IMO I don't think it's totally due to the owner on why the fans are staying away.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
That's all well and good but who's going to buy them? When the previous owner sold the team the current owner was the only one willing to buy them. IMO I don't think it's totally due to the owner on why the fans are staying away.
Incorrect...Bruce Boudreau made an offer. The reason people are staying away is because this owner has not supported the community. The burkes did not know hockey but they spent their money and time in the community. The new owner will never do that and will never garner support from the community. #SELLTHETEAM

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
There were others who wanted to buy the IceDogs but Darren DeDobbelaer's bid far exceeded all the other offers. Now it looks like he spent all his money buying the team and has no money to actually run the team properly.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
There may be other reasons for the IceDogs decreasing attendance, such as inflation and the economy, but the main reason is a strong dislike for how the new owner is running the team and the team's poor performance last season.

Darren DeDobbelaer has really cut costs, both on the hockey operations side and on the business (fan) side. The game day presentation is sub par and ticket prices have been increased this season.

As well, DeDobbelaer has not really made any effort to get involved in the community and he rarely talks to the media. They never explain the rational behind trades. When the Burke's owned the team, they were all very accessible to the media, so the IceDogs had a lot of media coverage. Now, besides game reports, the IceDogs are rarely mentioned in the media.

Honestly, I think attendance will continue to plummet unless changes are made. The new owner is failing both on the ice and off the ice.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Last night in Barrie the Icedogs rallied back from a three goal deficit to force overtime only to give up the overtime goal and a 7 to 6 setback.Record now three losses and overtime loss o start the season. Next game a home date with Erie on Thursday night

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Nice

• Haha
Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad