Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
you are aware that niagara told players they had to pack their own lunches on the road last year, would not allow players to stay in hotels and would just drive 8 hours to games and had 2 leaders not exactly leading the way with regards to how to treat other teammates, right? this feels like a parent post?
Or a disgruntled uncle????? Of course it's easy peasy to criticize when your in witness protection or just simply hiding out in your Camaro if you have one.

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Tough loss tonight for the Dogs 3 to 2 to Erie in overtime. The Dogs fell behind n period two by two goals by Shaffer on the power play and Soya. The Dogs rallied in the third to tie the game on goals by Assadourian and Lavoie.In overtime Fnnis the game winner with a power play goal. Shots 38 32 for Erie 2,698 fans watched it at the Meridian Centre. Next game a home date with Kingston.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Tough loss tonight for the Dogs 3 to 2 to Erie in overtime. The Dogs fell behind n period two by two goals by Shaffer on the power play and Soya. The Dogs rallied in the third to tie the game on goals by Assadourian and Lavoie.In overtime Fnnis the game winner with a power play goal. Shots 38 32 for Erie 2,698 fans watched it at the Meridian Centre. Next game a home date with Kingston.
Great goaltending display by both tenders.

Reactions: three dog night

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Awful hockey game...found myself nodding off from time to time as the teams shared turnovers in the neutral zone. #SELLTHETEAM

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I have been a seasons ticket holder since day one and will continue to support our players but feel the owner is letting our players down. #SELLTHETEAM
Selling it to another owner may have them relocate the team

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs first wn of the season beat Kingston 4 to 0 .Flores twenty three saves for the shutout.Kevin He scored twice for the Dogs Bryant and Klein with the empty net goal . Shots 37 23 for the Icedogs attendance at the Meridian Centre 3,053.Next game Wednesday night at home against Kitchener.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I have been a seasons ticket holder since day one and will continue to support our players but feel the owner is letting our players down. #SELLTHETEAM
I know he has been cheap in regards to team things like travel, hotels and eating out but I am willing to give him a chance this season.

They have gotten back to some community things. They had the $2 ticket offer with a donation to community care. I'm sure more is coming.

So far this season the team seems a lot better. I don't see them having many blowout losses like last season. The games I have gone they have been fun to watch unlike most games last season.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
I know he has been cheap in regards to team things like travel, hotels and eating out but I am willing to give him a chance this season.

They have gotten back to some community things. They had the $2 ticket offer with a donation to community care. I'm sure more is coming.

So far this season the team seems a lot better. I don't see them having many blowout losses like last season. The games I have gone they have been fun to watch unlike most games last season.

I can't. IMO, still way too many problem areas for the team to ever be successful.
- No real GM​
- Only 5 scouts​
- Used only one pick in the import draft when they had room for 2 import players​
- Using both an import card and OA card on one player​
- Paying too much for players in trades​
Plus the team never communicates with the fans. The owner/GM rarely does media interviews and won't discuss trades or team plans with the media.

But I agree they are better than last season and at least can compete with the other teams. But is this the best we can hope for.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Yeah they would have. hope he gets another chance somewhere
There is question whether or not that he actually has been waived. There seems to be a differing opinion among the London page on what has happened with him. He still appears on their roster. If we claimed him off waivers who would come out of the lineup?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I can't. IMO, still way too many problem areas for the team to ever be successful.
- No real GM​
- Only 5 scouts​
- Used only one pick in the import draft when they had room for 2 import players​
- Using both an import card and OA card on one player​
- Paying too much for players in trades​
Plus the team never communicates with the fans. The owner/GM rarely does media interviews and won't discuss trades or team plans with the media.

But I agree they are better than last season and at least can compete with the other teams. But is this the best we can hope for.
I think the owner is currently suspended, so you won't hear crickets from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad