Prospect Info: NHL 2017 Entry Draft - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I'd be screaming and yelling like a mad man if that happened.
There would be fans complaining about his height though and calling the scouts idiots. I'd be happier than a pig in mud.

yea unlike some of these other guys around our pick, i can see the jets really liking makar. couldn't see any scenario where they pass him up if he slides. ridiculous skater which they seem to weigh the highest when picking Dmen, and he has awesome character to boot which they always fall in love with. seems like a real smart well spoken good guy.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Jets trade the 12th pick+Roslovic to move up to 5th and draft Rasmussen

I'd do it. No one would accept tho

I'd throw in petan too or someonenelse to help sweeten the deal

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Care to elaborate?

I think Roslo = Rasmussen alone. I think that adding the 13th pick would be ridiculous, and now you want to add Petan? So it would look like this:
Jets #13 (Valimaki, Suzuki, Foote, Necas etc), Roslovic and Petan
for
Rasmussen

That is the worst asset management Ive ever seen. The only players Id trade to #5 for is Glass or Heiskanen outside of the top 2 of course.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I think Roslo = Rasmussen alone. I think that adding the 13th pick would be ridiculous, and now you want to add Petan? So it would look like this:
for
Rasmussen

That is the worst asset management Ive ever seen. The only players Id trade to #5 for is Glass or Heiskanen outside of the top 2 of course.

Maybe not the player, but the spot
I think we can get someone better than roslovic at #5
Maybe they see it that way too. If not then don't add petan lol

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe not the player, but the spot
I think we can get someone better than roslovic at #5
Maybe they see it that way too. If not then don't add petan lol

I see, I thought you meant for Rasmussen. I am very high on Glass, but I wouldn't add Roslo. Id try to swap picks and throw in our 2nd and exchange a few other later round picks perhaps. Someone here knows a site that rates the values of those exchanged picks, if someone can chime in, would that get it done?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
for
Rasmussen

Aye.
I wouldn't do Roslovic for Rasmussen straight up.
I am not sure I'd do Petan for Rasmussen either.
Both of them and the 13th pick is nutty for anything shy of 2nd overall.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
for
Rasmussen

Yeah I want no part of Rasmussen but if we move Glass would be nice.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Aye.
I wouldn't do Roslovic for Rasmussen straight up.
I am not sure I'd do Petan for Rasmussen either
Both of them and the 13th pick is nutty for anything shy of 2nd overall.

I wouldn't trade Roslovic but would trade Petan in a second.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Adding petan to 13th pick doesn't get us back to our original draft position

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Why? Cause he's a heck of a hockey player. He reminds me of Bryan little when he plays. This guy would be a good pick at 13. I'd take lilejgren and Pettersson over him but that's cause I'm high on them, see my list. I pick Suzuki over the other two as he'd be BPA imo.

Anderson-Dolan reminds me of Little! Hoping he drops to us in the 2nd

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I see, I thought you meant for Rasmussen. I am very high on Glass, but I wouldn't add Roslo. Id try to swap picks and throw in our 2nd and exchange a few other later round picks perhaps. Someone here knows a site that rates the values of those exchanged picks, if someone can chime in, would that get it done?

If that's all it takes then do it lol

JBM

Feb 1, 2017
Canada
I'm with a lot of you I hope we draft Valimaki. I saw a player comparison comparing him to Matthias Ekholm.
Over a PPG in the dub this year, kid is 6'2 200 pounds a plays great two way game. Hope nobody scoops him before us.
Would be a very nice add to the squad and exactly the LD we need down the road to compliment Buff.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I'd do it. No one would accept tho

I'd throw in petan too or someonenelse to help sweeten the deal

Why give away Roslovic for nothing, we could pick Rasmussen up at 13, as he's slipped out of the top 10 in most rankings(some out of the first round). I'd rather just throw Petan in that deal and our second round for that same pick and get Glass, Vilardi or Heiskanen.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
For Rasmussen? Naw. Glass though, ya.

Would be pretty sick to have Glass in the Prospect pool, especially knowing we have one of the best in the league and he would add more quality to it. I think a trade like that would be very smart, I've been talking about getting rid of Little for a while(just because of his age and fear of drop off in production and trade value), but if we could get Glass and develops him similar to the way Scheifele(not to mention he has been compared to Scheifele by a couple people on the boards and Craig Button) was developed and pull him in when that happens to Little that would be the perfect situation. Plus we get a Home Town High End Talent, maybe not Nolan Patrick, but Glass might have just as high of a ceiling as him and will without a doubt be much cheaper in the future.

I don't know about Petan in the trade though, he likely has a low trade value(due to a very bad year), but to be fair he was under used very much, I think it would be fair for our 1st, 2nd, Dano and Armia/Roslovic.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
For Rasmussen? Naw. Glass though, ya.

Definitely not for Rasmussen. I'd be hesitant to trade Roslovic for Glass. I think Roslovic has been undervalued as a prospect. I think he could be a #2 C. Glass could, too, but Roslovic is closer. I really like Roslovic, in case it's not evident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino