NHL 19: Wish List

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Tired of dominanting shots on net, face offs, time of attack, etc...............only to have shitty no name, rookie and has been goalies stone wall me.

I know the Bruins team isn't some high scoring machine but I am getting shut out or too many 1 goal games.

its like 9/10 teams have insane defenses who clog the middle or block every shot. When I do get a shot off it hits the post, is just wide, too high, hits a teammate or if there is a rebound 4/5 times the team mate isnt there

for 2019 they TRULY need to look at this POS game

- play madden and 2k franchise modes. get ideas from those
- fix the skating and physical dynamics. they always talk dynamics this and dynamics that but it is really moronic when u have really small players tapping and knocking over big guys and those big guys go full force and small guys barely move.
- better intermissions
- make fighting more often or better. After the whistle scrums
- FIX passing dynamics IDK how many times I have tried to set up a play and the dynamics throw it off. I'll be on a break away and instead of taking advantage of my 2 on 1 my guy does that stupid off the wall lazy pass I know u all know what I mean. ALSO make it so u pass to the player u actually want to
- FIX skating dynamics IDK why these players do a simple spin turn and they move like 60 year olds
-FIX Make CPU team mates smarter. IDK how many times I have possession and we are having a good series and rotation and right when I pass back to a defensive player he is gone substituting for someone

- SMARTER 2 ur CPU teammates actually pursue the puck it seems like these idiot CPU teammates are concentrated on being in spots and not actually pursuing the puck or scoring. Example I shot the puck with one player buck is basically 2 feet from marchand and instead of pursuing it he skates backwards away

- FIX player selection. I'll be in a game and I am trying to select the guy skating down someone with the puck and player select has me select 2 other guys and not who I want to control

-FIX make CPU opponents and teammates the same in smarts and skill. IDK why I see like 3 of my teammates trying to get the puck from an opponent and either they somehow do and he gets it back and makes a play yet it just take 1 move from 1 of their defensemen to take the puck from me

I have much more check these other pages

but EA needs to SERIOUSLY work on this game. 2K does need to come back if only to wake EA up

fighting and scoring are 2 of the games biggest appeals IMO they should show case those and fix the issues I have stated along with many others

Bells and whistles improvements like commentary, cut screens and etc are for just people who play this with no NFL knowledge and their friends and them pick like Pens vs. Caps all the time cuz they only know Crosby and Ovi.

those bells and whistles things need to be improved too

as does playr profiles, off-season and draft and more. The whole 1 dude dirty sheet thing is coo. But I like How each player on TK when u click their profile has their info(draft year, draft team, college....etc) but u click further in their pages it shows their contract length, status on the team, states for career, stats for last 10 games, where they have been performing well lately, what kind of person they are like if money is the sole reason they play of if they want to win, If they will re-sign with you, also twitter/ig accounts(basically if u havent played 2K one of the slides/folders is social media where sports media, the team you're on and yourself all make posts)

Draft should be more of an event. NBA one for the first 5 guys they show the player, stats and social media alerts about him and fan reactions. Even on Madden u have Mel Kiper evaluating some pics.

I could keep going but I am very disappointed in this game thankfully I got it for $25

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
What I mean about after whistles scrums is there is 17 seconds left in this game my goalie has made a game saving save and a CPU opponent flies into him.

Nothing happens. In the REAL NHL there would have been a scrum

I also hate how years ago they made goalies these tough as a brick wall guys who couldnt be knocked down

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
What I mean about after whistles scrums is there is 17 seconds left in this game my goalie has made a game saving save and a CPU opponent flies into him.

Nothing happens. In the REAL NHL there would have been a scrum

I also hate how years ago they made goalies these tough as a brick wall guys who couldnt be knocked down

It is fun to knock the puck around and run into players after the whistle. It isn't fun when people want to fight 6 times a game. Nobody is going to get hurt after a whistle, and it doesn't impact the game at all, so I just laugh if someone lays a big hit.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Believe 19 is finally the year nhl will be switch to the frostbite engine. Expect less feature than previous iterations. Not more

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
We already know what's coming in NHL 19, all the features were detailed in the surveys they emailed out just like the NHL 18 surveys..

Well 80% of it anyway.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
We already know what's coming in NHL 19, all the features were detailed in the surveys they emailed out just like the NHL 18 surveys..

Well 80% of it anyway.

There are some nice features like real player movement tech or real player differentiation, but something tells me EA will go with "features" like new threes campaign and power-ups in nhl threes. :/

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The saucer pass and poke check just cannot be the same button (R1). The cheating AI is sooo good at possesing the puck that your only option is to mash the R1. Then when you actually get the puck, you accidentally pass the puck to your opponent or ice it. Orjjst get rid of the saucer pass button. It's useless to me anyway.

Also, allow hybrid control to have manual line changes.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
You used to be able to improve ur amateur and pro scouts and assistant coach in the game which would help scout and develop players. Is that gone?

Also find it funny how I still play the game with penalties off, playing the Pens I would be on the PP at least 3 times if they were turned on but when turned on almost everything is a penalty and playing a game 90% on PK isnt fun

noticed with my expansion team that the players even skating alone unencumbered with no one trying to take the puck will lose control like 4-5 times a game. Anyone else?

"real life" skating has sucked since they added it. Your players skate like robots and the AI skate so fluid. They also somehow keep up with everyone one of my guys chasing em around the ice and why do my defenders skate AWAY from the goalie when he covers the shot? Why my skaters always skate away from the puck in the offensive zone. Will take a shot, bounces off the goalie to their left and instead of pursuing my AI LW starts skating away instead of pursuing the puck,

Game is frustrating

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
I am also sick of some guy trailing me all over the ice and then at the last second poke checking and I lose the ice. Sick of how one poke check I lose the puck but have to do 20 to get it from them. Simple nudge by one of them I am off the puck a full fledged hit by my and they're down for a split second and get up and get the puck or the guys u hit full force and the shrug

and yes I am SICK of no name goalies shutting me out. Some guy called Dell shut me out vs who I just played and IDK who he is recall him AND Greiss both forever being in the games free agents lists. IDK how scrubs keep shutting me out.

All my shots seem to be wide, high, clank of the pole, hit a teammate and or are blocked

Is it really that hard to make a semi realistic video game we all can enjoy?

2KNHL come back and make EA actually work

You're probably always shooting with your right stick jammed all the way over or into the corner. Try shooting while aiming just slightly off the full reach of the right stick. Blasting every shot at maximum aim is going to net the results you're experiencing unless you're always using Crosby or Kane, etc... Then you'll probably score goals often enough to believe that way is the correct way to aim/score. It's not and that's why you're so frustrated. It's hard not to do and I think even the most skilled players get caught jamming the stick.

Last edited:

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
And I seriously LOVE how moronic my AI are, I am winning 1-0 in a game against a SHIT Leafs team have won 1 game its the 3rd and my D just stands there and lets them score 2. Game winner was a walk in by Komarov with my AI just standing there.

AI guys always out of position, don't pursue the pick and skate into each other. As I repeatedly have said to make a fun game maybe EA would make scoring easier. Last 3 games I have scored like 2 goals.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
The following need complete overhauls: skating/agility, puck control, goaltending, checking, board play, AI decisions

Improvements to franchise mode... hiring coaches, overhaul scouting, make trades more realistic

Some level of class customization in EASHL... unlockable perks which you can add to existing classes would be nice... like they used to have with the +1,+3,+5 attributes

Bring back Connected Franchise

I know none of these will happen and it’ll be the same halfassed 4 year old game

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Injury system needs to be worked on.

It's so annoying how every time a guy gets injured once, he keeps getting injured until the season is over. Then next season it's a different player that goes through that.

Also I don't think anyone would return from an ACL sprain in three days.

Hey now, it can't be all that bad. I just had a player get injured (concussion, not minor) and he was back three days later. Which was great for me because he was my top line LW.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
LOL seriously why does my goalie always get out of his goal? He got out and passed the puck guy caught it and scored on and empty goal.

I lose the puck and slowly mechanically I have to turn around but by that time the AI opponent has it

Frustrating ass game

Especially when one poke check or nudge knocks me off the puck but I have to repeatedly poke and full force hit someone

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Also funny that shit goalies with shitty stats play like all stars against me

Currently down 0-3 with my expansion team to the Rangers my goalie Halak so far is having a great season like 1.65 GOA and Save percentage like .944 but the rangers have scored 3 against me, one is one of the above instances but Brian Elliot who I am playing against with a .300 and 2.88 goal against stone walling me

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
Not sure if it's been said, but if there are 200+ posts, it's likely it has been:
Franchise Mode History - a way for me to complete the 25 year franchise mode and see wtf I've accomplished. How many Cups did I win?
Did any of my guys win any trophies?
Did we get the President's Trophy ever?

A way to see how my trades worked out for me and other teams that I traded with (would require a lot of work, developmentally, I'm sure). In other words, if I trade a 1st round pick at the deadline for an expiring UFA, I want to know 1) what that UFA did in the games after TDL and in the playoffs, and 2) what the pick turned into.

Basically Franchise Mode is the only thing I play, and it's lacking, very lacking.
I won't get into ice-tilt. I won't get into scouts and development.
I just want a better end than, "Mode Complete."

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Guys, I don't think Vegas Patriot likes the game

:sarcasm:

This game is incredible frustrating. How can my team go without scoring a goal for 2-3 games in a row multiple times in a season and how do scrub goalies become elite. The AI guys do everything I do but 1000xs better. Shooting sucks ass too

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
The saucer pass and poke check just cannot be the same button (R1). The cheating AI is sooo good at possesing the puck that your only option is to mash the R1. Then when you actually get the puck, you accidentally pass the puck to your opponent or ice it. Orjjst get rid of the saucer pass button. It's useless to me anyway.

Totally agree... and worse than that... if you think you have the puck in the corner and want to chip it to a teammate you can pretty much guarantee that you DON'T have the puck and have just tripped the opponent that did. We need some sort of cue that we actually have the puck after a battle... like a "twing" on the rumble pack or something.

I can understand that in open ice, the computer/ref needs for my poorly timed poke check to equal a tripping penalty... that's realistic. But me digging for the puck, both players stationary in the corner should allow for a physical battle, not a soccer-player dive from the opponent the moment I try and loosen the puck.

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
I know this is not coming back. But i used to love boosting. (not to the point where everyone is a 99) but just to fix some wholes and pay a price for it every game.

The downfall of them taking out boosting, is now i cant have the players I WANT on MY TEAM, because synergies do no match?

Its been years now and im tired of it. They lost the extra 500 bucks i used to spend on the game, i haven't played since they removed it (HUT)

I heard the soccer you can switch synergies. Are they ever going to bring this to CHL?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I really only play 6 on 6 or 3 on 3 EASHL. the one change I’d like to see is if a goalie quits, someone else on the team has to take over in net until either the game ends or everyone quits. getting a computer goalie when you have a human one is a death sentence 95% of the time

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Can't get rid of the saucer pass. That's the only way to float a pass through super charged AI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad