NHL 19: Wish List

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Have said it before. NHL franchise NEEDS to look at how in depth the NBA 2K franchise mode is.

When you click on a player in NHL u just get attributes, stats, moral(this up and down thing is dumb), who they like and dont like, and contract.
In NBA when u click it you get attributes, stats, contract AND what the players role is(cap space, franchise player, etc........) how they have played last 10 games, contract and how they feel about a next one and a social media account that either has their posts, posts by the team and posts by hockey journalists.

In NBA you can talk to players whenever not just when theyre happy or mad, it also has a bar on the right that says how players feel or how they are feeling.

Social media aspect of NBA is levels above NHL one. Why not have Bob Mackenzie in the game? Do some sort of NHL tonight type thing in it.

Maybe have more than 1 scout? Scouting just 1 area of the world at a time is stupid and unrealistic. Have the ability to make 3 way trades, have the ability to sign your own staff. Be able to actually develop players.

player values in the game are just shit. trades suck, really bad.

Franchise mode just needs an over haul...........

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
It'd be really nice if in Franchise Mode, you could either be able to go in and make signings for other teams or at least make the computer smarter when it comes to signing players or extending contracts. Im in my third year and as on pre-season, Nyquist, Skinner, Simmonds and at least ten other really good top six players are in free agency because no one can afford them, not to mention Matthews is sitting there because Toronto just signed everyone and they cant afford to sign him either. And the season before I had to bail Detroit out because Larkin and Athanasiou couldn't resign because they went trade crazy. Its frustrating because you cant do anything about it and those players shouldnt be stuck in FA.

IDK what year you're in. I believe I am in year 2021 of my franchise and I have a different problem. I have had issues not spending enough money. For instance I signed Paul Stastny to a deal worth like 4-5M a year. 2 year deal, when it came time to re-sign he wanted less a year. Now not a problem but when guys perform and ask for less, multiple players.........its not realistic.

Would also be nice if say you have a player who is rated 77, has a good year lets say they get 15 goals, 25 assists, 40 points and rotate between the 2nd and 3rd line. It be realistic if when it comes time for a new contract he asks for more $$$$ for his next deal or his value actually goes up.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Be nice if once again I have probably posted this like 3 times in here if they fixed player passing. Sick of pointing to a guy and the pass becomes icing. Player select is also f***ed. I try and select the guy closest to the puck or puck carrier and it selects 2 other guys before I finally get to the guy I wanted.

Puck bounces too much, I wish try and pass or shoot the puck and my AI opponent will tap it and it will go all the way to my end of the ice.

Speaking of AI it be nice if they wouldnt make it so easy for them to gain possesion from me, keep pace and skate up my ass eventually stealing the puck from me, block my passes(IDK how many bounce of my opponents legs) or knock me off the puck. All a while my AI teammates get knocked off the puck easily, skate into me when I carry the puck up, if AI opponent losses a puck the AI just stands there or skates in a weird circle and never gets the puck, easily lose the puck, suck at defense and sometimes my D skate too far ahead into the other teams zone and why does my goalie almost never stay in net?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
f***ing roster sharing. They literally spit in everyone's face by refusing to implement this.

Every. Single. Year.

Reactions: joshik

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Historic records. I want to look back on what teams a player played with. I want to look back at how things progress across seasons for awards, standings, etc. Players entering the Hall of Fame

I want to be able to look at everything that has occurred. Franchise Mode tends to feel very static without it

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Historic records. I want to look back on what teams a player played with. I want to look back at how things progress across seasons for awards, standings, etc. Players entering the Hall of Fame

I want to be able to look at everything that has occurred. Franchise Mode tends to feel very static without it

100x this.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
The ability to cancel a game with an online opponent before the game starts, if you don't have a good connection with them. 2 bars or orange and red, let me exit online matches before it starts without it counting against my stats.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
The ability to cancel a game with an online opponent before the game starts, if you don't have a good connection with them. 2 bars or orange and red, let me exit online matches before it starts without it counting against my stats.

Uhm this is actually possible in NHL 18. Thing is you can only go to the menus once if you dont want a loss

Reactions: mattihp

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Uhm this is actually possible in NHL 18. Thing is you can only go to the menus once if you dont want a loss
Didn't know that, will try that out next time I play. Maybe they could have a screen popup during matchmaking where you acknowledge your ping to the other player rather than waiting until the match is created.

Reactions: nilssont

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Again........make trading better. Still cant do 3 team trades. Values are off. Way off. In season 2021 its almost the TD I am looking at older players with 1 year left that used to be a "name" they barely have any value but when I offer 2 or 3 lower level picks and a prospect its no from the team. Sometimes the picks or player picked even fill their needs and my value bar is higher.

For instance I just traded my 1st rounder(4th overall) my 2nd best RHD prospect and 2 other future firsts for the 1st overall.

Maybe it was 4 firsts and my top prospect. But even when it was just my top prospect, my first and a 2nd my value was higher than theirs and they still said no

Last edited:

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
The 2k franchise is really well done, while the nhl one is pretty much garbage. It’s honestly sad how little detail is put into the franchise mode for the nhl series. I’m not even a huge basketball fun but 2k franchise is mode is fun as hell.
Commentary also needs to be redone entirely. 2k has little details about so many players and even about each franchise (coach, it’s history). Not to mention the conversations between commentators seem real. I actually the Random interactions about Doris Burke and her career or other stuff like that, it’s stuff like that which makes the game more enjoyable. Overall nhl will never get much better than below average

Reactions: VegasPatriot

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
The 2k franchise is really well done, while the nhl one is pretty much garbage. It’s honestly sad how little detail is put into the franchise mode for the nhl series. I’m not even a huge basketball fun but 2k franchise is mode is fun as hell.
Commentary also needs to be redone entirely. 2k has little details about so many players and even about each franchise (coach, it’s history). Not to mention the conversations between commentators seem real. I actually the Random interactions about Doris Burke and her career or other stuff like that, it’s stuff like that which makes the game more enjoyable. Overall nhl will never get much better than below average

Exactly what I been saying. It's like they just keep throwing franchise mode together. I have brought up the 2K series numerous times in here because its so in depth.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Dont wanna keep repeating myself but as someone who plays this game 99.9% of the time on franchise mode this game absolutely sucks.

Tired of when I am bringing up the puck my AI team mates either skate into me or are out of position. Tired of my AI guys ALWAYS out of position leading to wasted 2 on 1s or goals for the other team.

Tired how the AI opponents check my guys, they fall and take forever to get up but when I check an AI I like bounce off or their guys always get up fast.

Skating is dumb and needs to be scrapped. "realistic skating" my ass

It's like why are the opponent AIs more useful and smarter than mine? Their defensemen are out there blocking shots, interrupting plays, checking people....etc.............while mine are overskating, out of position, missing checks(mostly me), not interrupting passes but when they do they only have possesion for a second then lose it and allow opponent AIs to just skate passed them and set up plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: GagneHanson12

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

This!!!!!!!!

One thing I actually sent an email to EA after 2018 was the stupid stat keeping on players.

In NHL 16 if you were in Franchise mode and had players going for years and years it would add up their TOTAL STATS and you could see their career stats at a glance. The last 2 years they have taken that out (for some reason) and now you just see per year... which is a giant pain.

This is just displaying and storing spreadsheet level info. Should be easy stuff and it makes a huge huge difference in Franchise.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Dont wanna keep repeating myself but as someone who plays this game 99.9% of the time on franchise mode this game absolutely sucks.

Tired of when I am bringing up the puck my AI team mates either skate into me or are out of position. Tired of my AI guys ALWAYS out of position leading to wasted 2 on 1s or goals for the other team.

Tired how the AI opponents check my guys, they fall and take forever to get up but when I check an AI I like bounce off or their guys always get up fast.

Skating is dumb and needs to be scrapped. "realistic skating" my ass

It's like why are the opponent AIs more useful and smarter than mine? Their defensemen are out there blocking shots, interrupting plays, checking people....etc.............while mine are overskating, out of position, missing checks(mostly me), not interrupting passes but when they do they only have possesion for a second then lose it and allow opponent AIs to just skate passed them and set up plays.

Are you playing 19 now VP?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Advanced stats would be nice. Also the drafting is way too easy in franchise mode; seriously, I'm getting elite players left and right, and it makes the game way too easy after a few years.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Why haven't they fixed the handedness bug in cut scenes yet? It's been around in almost every game since NHL 99. When a righty comes out of the box they are holding a lefty stick etc...

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Maybe I need to play NHL 19. This f***ing bullshit passing bug is costing me goals.

Am I the only one this happens too? I skate up the right side, create a 2 on 1, point left but the passer doesnt pass left, he does some rinky dink behind the back off the boards pass and ruins the play. I lost few games ago because of this. Was tide, had a 2 on 1, the bug happened, the other team got it and scored.

Yes I have complained a lot about this game but come on we buy games to enjoy ourselves and EA has been f***ing up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad