NHL 19: Wish List

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I know this is not coming back. But i used to love boosting. (not to the point where everyone is a 99) but just to fix some wholes and pay a price for it every game.

The downfall of them taking out boosting, is now i cant have the players I WANT on MY TEAM, because synergies do no match?

Its been years now and im tired of it. They lost the extra 500 bucks i used to spend on the game, i haven't played since they removed it (HUT)

I heard the soccer you can switch synergies. Are they ever going to bring this to CHL?

That mode is killing EA games. They focus way to much energy on making money and don't focus on what their core gamer wants.

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
That mode is killing EA games. They focus way to much energy on making money and don't focus on what their core gamer wants.
boosting wasnt actually that expensive. It would take 1 superstar worth of pucks to keep your team boosted for the entire year.

But again , its not that i wanted to boost my players. The new boosting is synergies. Fine, but i should be able to pick the players i want and not be synergied at all because they dont match up. FIFA i was told has the ability to change some synergies

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
read the post you quoted. That person was spending $500 every year extra on the game. He isn't close to being alone in that. He is the core gamer now. The people who just play franchise mode were left behind a long time ago.

Reactions: Migos

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
read the post you quoted. That person was spending $500 every year extra on the game. He isn't close to being alone in that. He is the core gamer now. The people who just play franchise mode were left behind a long time ago.
I have no problems with that mode but I really wish that they'd improve the BAP. They just aren't very immersive. Lets be honest though, there's a lot more people that play NHL that don't spend $500 bucks than people that do. I generally get a lot more out of career modes in sports games than anything else which is why I've played NBA 2k a lot more than NHL in recent years, although I did skip out on this year's version because it's riddled with micro-transactions.. I guess that just proves most companies are profit over quality.

Reactions: Ethan Wiles

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That's the problem... they're focusing soley on profits and not quality game play. Which is why year after year for the last 5 or so years there's nothing but people shitting on the game. The game is utter garbage. I have to go into a zen mindset to even play the game because it's so f***ing frustrating to play.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
That's the problem... they're focusing soley on profits and not quality game play. Which is why year after year for the last 5 or so years there's nothing but people ****ting on the game. The game is utter garbage. I have to go into a zen mindset to even play the game because it's so ****ing frustrating to play.
Money is the reason they make the game, so of course they will focus on the mode that brings in the most money, as frustrating as it is.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
2k should make NHL games. I don't know if anyone here has played NBA 2k My Career but if they had a NHL version of that, I'd pay an extra $100 for the game. They need to make the games more interactive. Like I wanna see my players huddle up after a goal and have different facial expressions. Oh yeah... For the love of god please change the announcers. Most annoying part of the game. Better physics would also be better. Different shot releases and different animations depending on size, stats, etc...

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
I have no problems with that mode but I really wish that they'd improve the BAP. They just aren't very immersive. Lets be honest though, there's a lot more people that play NHL that don't spend $500 bucks than people that do. I generally get a lot more out of career modes in sports games than anything else which is why I've played NBA 2k a lot more than NHL in recent years, although I did skip out on this year's version because it's riddled with micro-transactions.. I guess that just proves most companies are profit over quality.
I didn't play 2k18 either. MyPark needs to comeback. Playground was a let down but I totally agree with everything you said.

Reactions: Edenjung

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
2k should make NHL games. I don't know if anyone here has played NBA 2k My Career but if they had a NHL version of that, I'd pay an extra $100 for the game. They need to make the games more interactive. Like I wanna see my players huddle up after a goal and have different facial expressions. Oh yeah... For the love of god please change the announcers. Most annoying part of the game. Better physics would also be better. Different shot releases and different animations depending on size, stats, etc...

Even if there was a Be a GM like the NBA 2K series I'd pay 100 for it lol

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I didn't play 2k18 either. MyPark needs to comeback. Playground was a let down but I totally agree with everything you said.
I wish they kept the servers running longer or once they shut down the server, made it so that buying clothes and stuff wasn't locked behind online. I get that they don't want people cheating since they sell this stuff for real money but it makes no sense once they shut down the servers. I read where 2k18 you actually need to be online to improve your attributes. It's not an issue now but in a year or two once they shut down 2k18s servers it breaks the game.

I agree with you about 2k needing to make a hockey game again, even if it's just to make competition for EA. They've been really lacking effort making NHL games pretty much this entire generation of consoles. They rarely listen to what the fans actually want unless it's someone stupid simple to do and the actual game play on the ice looks nothing like an actually hockey game. I'm not sure if they plan on adding it for next year or not but they NEED to switch over to the frostbite engine. I think that's what fifa uses. I'm not sure about NBA 2k but in fifa the players and animations look great.

Another thing that 2k is miles better at is the announcing. You play 2k14 and then play 17, you can see a clear improvement and 2k17 is one of the best announcing/play-by-play in any sports game. NHL always feels like you're hearing the same thing 60 times a game. They say the wrong thing in the wrong situations all the time and it's just very poorly directed. They sound obviously stitched together.

I REALLY want them to switch to the Frostbite engine...

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
With the NHL World Gaming Championships and a potential NHL E-Sports League, I’d be surprised if NHL didn’t get Frostbite.

We’ll see. About one month until details start coming out

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

capitalsrock

Sep 7, 2012
Not sure if it's been said, but if there are 200+ posts, it's likely it has been:
Franchise Mode History - a way for me to complete the 25 year franchise mode and see wtf I've accomplished. How many Cups did I win?
Did any of my guys win any trophies?
Did we get the President's Trophy ever?

A way to see how my trades worked out for me and other teams that I traded with (would require a lot of work, developmentally, I'm sure). In other words, if I trade a 1st round pick at the deadline for an expiring UFA, I want to know 1) what that UFA did in the games after TDL and in the playoffs, and 2) what the pick turned into.

Basically Franchise Mode is the only thing I play, and it's lacking, very lacking.
I won't get into ice-tilt. I won't get into scouts and development.
I just want a better end than, "Mode Complete."

This would be nice, but it obviously is not topping EA’s priority list, nor should it. If you really care this much, it shouldn’t be too hard to keep track of these things and figure them out for yourself.

Reactions: Ethan Wiles

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
I almost enjoyed myself playing the new Three's mode. However, they've yet to fix their stupid multiplier for Superstar(it's been like this forever in HUT, but the CPU wasn't insane before)... If you beat beat this ridiculous/cheating A.I. on Superstar you should be fabulously rewarded. Yet, this is not the case as the multiplier is a mere 1.02 for Superstar(highest difficulty)... You give me a whopping 2% increase for beating your best!? It doesn't matter what I do during the game, if the insane CPU scores a single goal my chances of achieving 3 stars is drastically reduced(if playing to 5 goals). If you're playing to 3 goals well you're goose is cooked because it's basically impossible to get 3 stars without a shutout. If you allow a single goal and a few shots you're 2.5 stars at best while finishing 3-1 in scoring... What an insult considering you just beat the CPU on the hardest difficulty! It doesn't get any harder so WTF is with the 1.02 weak ass multiplier!?

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
And... roster sharing!!! (I know I mentioned that already, but I really want it. It'll never happen, though.)

Kinda annoying that they're not adding it. Would be one of the easiest things to implement comparing it to many other things in people's wish lists. I would love to have a community around roster creation & editing because fixing the EA's rosters isn't really a one man job.

That reminds me, give me control of draft picks so I can complete the trades and avoid downloading new rosters after e.g trade deadline. I must have put at least 10 hours on roster editing and I hate to do it again after each update. I can't really comment on the current roster merging functionality but I imagine it sucks, make that better too so it is easier to merge new roster update to my current one. For example there could be an option to accept only player movements but no attribute changes.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
- Make the jersey templates for Create a Team ADIDAS. Why on earth are they still Reebok??
- Bring back World Cup of Hockey from NHL 17, I can't play International because the jerseys are so generic and ugly
- Real coaches, and allow you to fire them
- Have Gary Bettman hand out the Stanley Cup (while people boo) instead of some generic character
- Get license rights to the KHL & US hockey
- More in depth customization of players, allow you to customize each feature instead of choosing from pre-made faces. And offer the hair options from the other NHL players instead of the generic ones
- More customization of equipment, make it actually make a difference in play in terms of flex, kick-point, etc
- Bring back practise modes
- Bring back All Star Game, and have the Skills Competition
- Bring back Interviews in Be a Pro and create a more immersive experience of actually living as a player like NBA 2K does
- Allow you to upload a photo of players faces so you don't have a bunch of blank profiles for players who don't have their photo in the game and for yourself in Be a Pro
- It would be cool to have an actual visual draft at least for the 1st round in Franchise Mode and for when your players selected in Be a Pro

Reactions: TSN Jdog

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
For once, really overhaul franchise mode and make sure everything is correct. I want...

-Ability to hire/fire staff. Let me have to choose from coaches with different attributes. Same thing with scouts, trainers, etc.
-Improve scouting as a whole.
-Realistic contract demands from players.
-Fix broken trading logic.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
For once, really overhaul franchise mode and make sure everything is correct. I want...

-Ability to hire/fire staff. Let me have to choose from coaches with different attributes. Same thing with scouts, trainers, etc.
-Improve scouting as a whole.
-Realistic contract demands from players.
-Fix broken trading logic.

#1 thing I want is scouting fixed. Instead of sending one guy out all over the world constantly, we should be able to hire/fire scouts for EACH REGION and they report back to us each month or so. And have the ability to tell them to look for specific player types as well as positions.

I would be ok with the current scouting's lack of realism and depth if it actually worked properly..... you'll scout a player 15+ times and still can't get an "exact" potential on them. f***ing dumb.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
all of these things being posted

and I'm still waiting for the year that gives us back Career stat totals, and league records. Have to do the math manually to figure out when players break records, or when their 1000th game/point will be.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
1. take away the over-exaggerated momentum swings, the amount of games you either is losing or winning by 3 or more goals in the last period were your/the other guys goalie turns into a barrel is to much.

2.Fight the glitch goals as always, make the goalie learn more patterns, for example a guy doing the same breakaway-move (Backhand-forehand-backhand) should be harder for each time

3.Make generic faces on NHL players an exception and not the rule. Every NHL player should have a scanned face. At least.

4.Have a international tournament with the possibility to substitute players from a national pool, i know the jerseys and logos may be hard to fix, but if it could it would be awesome.

5.Be a GM/player in Europe.

Reactions: Edenjung

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
#1 thing I want is scouting fixed. Instead of sending one guy out all over the world constantly, we should be able to hire/fire scouts for EACH REGION and they report back to us each month or so. And have the ability to tell them to look for specific player types as well as positions.

I would be ok with the current scouting's lack of realism and depth if it actually worked properly..... you'll scout a player 15+ times and still can't get an "exact" potential on them. ****ing dumb.
Well, to be fair, there is no amount of scouting that can give you an exact potential IRL either. The problem lies in them being a high chance top 6 forward pre draft and then once drafting them their potential changes to a medium top 9 forward.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Franchise and Be a Pro are completely f***ed. They need a total rework starting from the ground up before they are passable.

EASHL is better this year, no question. 3 on 3 is super fun when you don't have a full squad on and it allows you to be creative and have fun with a little time and space. That said there are a couple of things that still need major improvements:

Celebrations: I have no idea how group celebrations are not in the game. Watch any NHL game and after every single goal there is a group celebration, and there has been for as long as I've been watching hockey. Put it in the f***ing game. Allow us to do one of the premade celebrations and then they whole team comes over for helmet taps. Such an easy and obvious addition that would add something to the game.

The goalies: My biggest frustration with this game. The goalies are incapable of reading the play, just the puck. If a guy is on a partial breakaway with a dman on his left side(for a righty) hounding him on the backcheck, the forward has no way of crossing over the goalie on his backhand and scoring. The dman would poke that off him. The problem is that the goalie still bites on the backhand fake as if nobody is there and allows the easy goal short side. He should be able to read that his man is preventing the forward from getting to the far post and should cover the near post. That's not genius level AI. That needs to be fixed. I understand there will be high percentage goals no matter what they do with goaltending, but simple things like that shouldn't happen. No reason for my goalie to yard sale to his right when there is a dman covering that spot. Doesn't make any sense.

Deflections: Where did they go? I've seen like 3 deflection goals in EASHL in my couple hundred games. That shouldn't be the case. It should be a viable strategy to screen the goalie and deflect the puck, but it's not. The only time you'll ever make contact with it is if you block your own forward's shot. Screens and deflections should be viable.

5 Hole: A large portion of real hockey goals are scored five hole, but it's almost impossible to purposely score 5 hole in this game. That shouldn't be the case.

Please allow us to customize our players again. I understand you supposedly want to make sure it's a balanced experience for everyone and that just because someone plays the game a lot does not mean they should have an advantage(though many great online games work that way). Give us a set number of attribute points for each position and make things cheaper/more expensive based on the class chosen like they used to. Wrist shot accuracy for a sniper would be super cheap, allowing you to increase it quite a bit, but body checking would be really expensive. It would still be balanced because everyone would have the same amount of attribute points and would be able to create any build someone else uses. It would just add a layer of creativity and customization to a game that is lacking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad