NHL 19: Wish List

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
A little More customization for female faces and maybe a small chance of female players generating in franchise

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
My only wish is that it comes to Nintendo Switch
If FIFA 18 is any indication, that may not be the smartest idea. Several game studios have decided that the Switch is something to invest in.

EA is not one of those. They still acted like it was the days of the Wii getting the PS2 version, and then said "No games for you!" when sales sucked.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
As for me, I just want three things.

1. USHL: I know it's in the shadow of the CHL, but quality players have gone through this system as well.
2. Better facial customization. Or, better yet, the ability to create some weirdos.
3. Arena Builder. This may be the least feasible, but I'd like to design seating layouts, ribbon lights, scorebox, what organ music plays, all that sort of stuff..

And, for purely cosmetic reasons, the ability to make your own logo. Tiburon makes FUGLY ASS logos.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Injury system needs to be worked on.

It's so annoying how every time a guy gets injured once, he keeps getting injured until the season is over. Then next season it's a different player that goes through that.

Also I don't think anyone would return from an ACL sprain in three days.

Reactions: mw2noobbuster

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Would be nice if they finally fixed passing on PS4. I hate when I have a break out or can create one I press R2 and I ice it or somehow the puck just rooooolllls past my player

also make CPU team mates smarter. Seems my CPU opponents are experts at speed, stick lifting, poke checking and everything else on defense but MY guys run around like head less chickens.

Make it easier to fight. What I mean is I have a fighter trying to start a fight with another fighter and the other fighter doesnt accept when in real life they would. Instead 2 non fighters go at it. Add in multi player scrums.

Better break outs and passing.

Just feels like the same game over these last few years with added cut scenes, NBCSN and celebrations.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We need a new development team/developer. Like I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy another NHL game as long as the current team is in place.

Last edited:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
when do they typically start releasing info on the year's game? I really only think I'll want to get this game if they have upgraded to Frostbite, but since nothing about that has been released, i'm assuming it's a no-go. Disappointing.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
when do they typically start releasing info on the year's game? I really only think I'll want to get this game if they have upgraded to Frostbite, but since nothing about that has been released, i'm assuming it's a no-go. Disappointing.

Last year they had the first look for NHL 18 in early June so around that time. Probably a trailer and cover reveal during the NHL awards again.

Reactions: RABBIT

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I wouldn't hold my breath for any big announcements. Besides tweaks and maybe a revamped be a pro or something. Idk I'm expecting more dekes and "better AI" that is just small tweaks to their coding.

Can't forget the improvements to the arena.

I'm just sticking with 18 until they force me to get a new one.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Same as every year/game;

When I get multiple assists in a game it should show on the score Board on top of the screen...

If I score multiple goals it shows, why can't multiple assists show too?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Just give me roster share that can't be too difficult...

Classic rosters, actual good current day rosters, NCAA rosters, KHL rosters... the sky is the limit if they just do this one thing.

Revamp scouting so it isn't as easy as it is. Or at least make us earn it. Hire scouts with different levels of ability. Assistant GM's who can find trades for you if you don't want to work on it yourself. Copy NBA 2K in most aspects honestly.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
I wouldn't mind doing a franchise mode with the chl teams. Have goals like have a player projected top 5, ect.... it would almost be like a college game.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Like the 3rd time I said it but they need to revamp passing. I am sick of trying to formulate a play and they guy doesnt pass it where I direct it.

For example the clock is winding down in the 1st I have the puck left side of the net, another guy is in the slot for a 1 timer I try and pass to him and instead the guy does one of those stupid behind the back passes.

Tired of EA not having competition for sports games and phoning it in. At least Madden has gotten better. ALL NHL does is add in little tweaks that appease the normie fans. Cut screens, fancy announcers, etc.............

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
NHL 18 is seriously lacking in presentation, gameplay and graphics when comparing it to the games around such as The Show and Madden.

Frostbite will fix that, only problem is they don't seem to be ready to jump over there yet. I think we would've heard something by now if they were, the game will be released in 5 months.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Frostbite will fix that, only problem is they don't seem to be ready to jump over there yet. I think we would've heard something by now if they were, the game will be released in 5 months.
We'll probably know right away when they release a trailer.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Roster sharing and the gap between overall ratings of the elite players and depth players are two that need to be added.

Adding to my post from months ago...

I only play franchise mode. Holding team meetings is stupid in my opinion. You should be able to have more than one scout. Line chemistry was a thing in one of the older NHL games (I forgot which one). Bring that back. Add NMCs/NTCs. Make trading more realistic (like a Bobby Ryan or Milan Lucic should have negative trade value).

Load times SUCK.

And... roster sharing!!! (I know I mentioned that already, but I really want it. It'll never happen, though.)

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad