Rosters and Ratings: NHL 14 Rosters with 2015 Draftees

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
These work great and saved me from needing to buy Legacy Edition just for the updated rosters. I was quick to refer a friend as well. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Guncho

Dec 1, 2015
I just had something really weird happen.

I'm using the OP's roster file but have made some trades since it came out.

Today I moved Mikko Rantanen from San Antonio (AHL) to the Free Agent List. I realized this was wrong and went back into the FA list to move him back but I couldn't find him. I reloaded the rosters as I hadn't saved figuring he would be on San Antonio where he started but he wasn't. Nor was in the FA list.

Another weird thing is in my FA list I only have 30 players whose last names start with R but if I start a season with the exact same rosters I have 67 players whose last names start with R but no Rantanen who appears to have disappeared.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I just had something really weird happen.

I'm using the OP's roster file but have made some trades since it came out.

Today I moved Mikko Rantanen from San Antonio (AHL) to the Free Agent List. I realized this was wrong and went back into the FA list to move him back but I couldn't find him. I reloaded the rosters as I hadn't saved figuring he would be on San Antonio where he started but he wasn't. Nor was in the FA list.

Another weird thing is in my FA list I only have 30 players whose last names start with R but if I start a season with the exact same rosters I have 67 players whose last names start with R but no Rantanen who appears to have disappeared.

I can't really provide answers for either scenario. I only edit these rosters through NHL View NG.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Also, I'm working on a World Juniors set to be released before Christmas. I've already moved all of the in-game prospects to their respective WJC teams, now I just need to create those that I don't have already. That means a lot of time will be spent on Belarus, Denmark, and Switzerland.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I hate to go on about this but I wonder if the dude who did it last time is converting to PAL again?

I just sent him a message asking about it.

Also, here's the 360 version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4b94ys16hrno7a/ROSTER 20160103114642?dl=0

Another note: If there is a KHL team you would like to see created (or if you want a European team that is already in the game, I'll update their rosters), you can choose one team and I will try to get them in the next update. This is an open offer for anyone.

Guncho

Dec 1, 2015
Question: It looks like you are dealing with retired players by putting them on the Free Agent List. Isn't this a problem in GM mode? Aren't CPU controlled teams signing these players?

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Question: It looks like you are dealing with retired players by putting them on the Free Agent List. Isn't this a problem in GM mode? Aren't CPU controlled teams signing these players?

No, I put retired players in the hidden list. If there are retired players in the free agents list, just tell me which ones they are and I'll move them to hidden.

Metalcommand

Mar 3, 2010
Man I tip my hat off to you! You not only revitalized the old game but your rosters make Be-A-Gm twice the mode it was. It feels much more realistic and fun.

- Better prospects and more of them! And instead of the default 99 shooting every shooting category guys there's some realism to the prospects and actual depth in the draft

- Your ratings of the already existing players make the mode seem much realistic. There are actually atleast a few good players every UFA period and stars more often instead of the typical ''best-player-is-84-rated'' ********.

- The ratings also make trading much more fun with every team having much more legit trade pieces than in the default mode. Every team has atleast a few players with good value and ditto with prospects.

- And come on, starting with current rosters in NHL 14 how goddam cool is that!

You are a hero! Bhrangerfan0809 for president! Thanks so much for all the work you've done, it's well appreciated!

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Man I tip my hat off to you! You not only revitalized the old game but your rosters make Be-A-Gm twice the mode it was. It feels much more realistic and fun.

- Better prospects and more of them! And instead of the default 99 shooting every shooting category guys there's some realism to the prospects and actual depth in the draft

- Your ratings of the already existing players make the mode seem much realistic. There are actually atleast a few good players every UFA period and stars more often instead of the typical ''best-player-is-84-rated'' ********.

- The ratings also make trading much more fun with every team having much more legit trade pieces than in the default mode. Every team has atleast a few players with good value and ditto with prospects.

- And come on, starting with current rosters in NHL 14 how goddam cool is that!

You are a hero! Bhrangerfan0809 for president! Thanks so much for all the work you've done, it's well appreciated!
Thank you for your very kind words! It's people like you and messages like these that make this project so enjoyable! I'm glad to hear that these rosters have improved your gaming experience, and thanks for the support!

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Any word on the PAL?

My PAL guy messaged me last week saying he'd do it when he got the time and if he could relocate his conversion instructions. If you come across instructions for converting a roster file from NTSC to PAL, send em to me and I'll try to do it myself. Sorry it's taking so long.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Ah, no problem. I've mostly weaned myself from EA NHL since PS4 came around and I came to the conclusion that 15 and 16 weren't worth the switch.

But it's nice to play 14 every now and then, I got an entire season done (not simming) in GM on your last roster so thanks for that.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Ah, no problem. I've mostly weaned myself from EA NHL since PS4 came around and I came to the conclusion that 15 and 16 weren't worth the switch.

But it's nice to play 14 every now and then, I got an entire season done (not simming) in GM on your last roster so thanks for that.

Good to hear! I'm really interested in finding those conversion instructions.

Molsonice02

Jan 18, 2016
Ok, I just wanted to say thank you very much, this is awesome!! I have one question, your newest roster, how do I activate injured players such as Ryan Miller and Dan Hamuis? Should i just edit the rosters myself? Thank you so much. Mike

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Will this work with NHL 15 at all or is it just NHL 14?

Sorry, just NHL 14.

Ok, I just wanted to say thank you very much, this is awesome!! I have one question, your newest roster, how do I activate injured players such as Ryan Miller and Dan Hamuis? Should i just edit the rosters myself? Thank you so much. Mike

They should be down in Utica, so just call them up. Hopefully they automatically get called up at the beginning of Be A GM Mode if you let the CPU choose the best roster. Thanks for downloading!

RandomChickenWing

Sep 11, 2015
Wow great job! thanks for saving me so much money. Only comment is that why is Karlsson only an 86? He's over a ppg this season and he won the norris last season.

Other than that, solid work :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad