Rosters and Ratings: NHL 14 Rosters with 2015 Draftees

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I've been working on a roster designed for Be a GM mode throughout the year, and I most recently added all of the 2015 Draftees and assigned them to their new organizations. This roster is also up to date with transactions. All upcoming free agents are in the FA pool.

Posted this to see if anyone is interested in downloading it. I posted it elsewhere, but I don't know the HFBoards rules for linking to another forum (where I posted it), so I'll wait on that.

This is for the PS3 version of NHL 14, but I'm in the process of converting it into a 360 file, too.

Last edited:

hijeffinition

Feb 26, 2009
NJ
I just wanted to say that I'm interested in DLing, and saw your postings on that Other Site. Were you going to update after free agency?

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I'll post my update tomorrow night in this thread following the first day of the free agent frenzy.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also have a lot of future draft prospects assigned to the CHL. You'll see actual players even into the 2019 and 2020 Drafts (well, what are the 2017 and 2018 Drafts in the game).

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I'm also working on converting the file into a 360 roster so Xbox users can try this roster out too.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
How do you get the Update into the PS3?

1) download the file I posted
2) plug a USB into your computer
3) create a folder on the USB called "PS3" and a folder within that one called "SAVEDATA"
4) place the file in the SAVEDATA folder; make sure it's unzipped
5) plug the USB into your PS3
6) copy the file onto your PS3

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
3) create a folder on the USB called "PS3" and a folder within that one called "SAVEDATA"

Can you be more specific?
Should you delete the old ones?
Where will I find it, have tried and can't make it work

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I'm pretty sure that this method hasn't worked since NHL 10, but if you find a way to make it work that would be awesome. I would switch back to 14 in a heart beat.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Can you be more specific?
Should you delete the old ones?
Where will I find it, have tried and can't make it work

You'll find it on the PS3 under Game>Saved Data Utility>USB after you plug the USB into your PS3. Then you just copy it to the PS3. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're asking.

hijeffinition

Feb 26, 2009
NJ
I just downloaded and saved and it works fine. There were 2 folders when it unzipped ("BLUS31179201" which contains the rosters, and one called "_MAC" something?), and I had to remove the latter in order to copy it to the PS3 (otherwise it says "data file is corrupted"). Maybe that's the issue the previous user was having?

Also I noticed that no name shows up for the Arizona/Phoenix Coyotes in the menus, but it doesn't appear to effect game play.

Great job. Thanks again.

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Thanks for this! I still play NHL 14 because you can have more than 4 players at a time. Good game for our manshed setup, and now i have updated rosters for it.

Just curious what team your favourite is? I expect a few higher than normal ratings on that team. :laugh:

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Thanks for this! I still play NHL 14 because you can have more than 4 players at a time. Good game for our manshed setup, and now i have updated rosters for it.

Just curious what team your favourite is? I expect a few higher than normal ratings on that team. :laugh:

Haha, the Stars. I try to be as objective as possible. If anything, I think my viewings of the team last year would have negative effects on their ratings, lol.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I just downloaded and saved and it works fine. There were 2 folders when it unzipped ("BLUS31179201" which contains the rosters, and one called "_MAC" something?), and I had to remove the latter in order to copy it to the PS3 (otherwise it says "data file is corrupted"). Maybe that's the issue the previous user was having?

Also I noticed that no name shows up for the Arizona/Phoenix Coyotes in the menus, but it doesn't appear to effect game play.

Great job. Thanks again.

Yeah, changing the name to "Arizona Coyotes" results in the name not appearing in the game, so it's either that or I go back to "Phoenix Coyotes"

drnaud81

Aug 29, 2011
Quebec City, QC
I'm very interested in the update, but haven't done it before. I don't know if it's possible, but did you change contract duration and cap hit?

How would this roster update work in a Be A GM mode? It's like starting last year with today's roster, wouldn't that mess up the 2015 draft in the mode if the draftees are already assigned to NHL teams?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad