Rosters and Ratings: NHL 14 Rosters with 2015 Draftees

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I'm very interested in the update, but haven't done it before. I don't know if it's possible, but did you change contract duration and cap hit?

How would this roster update work in a Be A GM mode? It's like starting last year with today's roster, wouldn't that mess up the 2015 draft in the mode if the draftees are already assigned to NHL teams?

I've already updated the ages and contracts, so staring Be a GM Mode with these rosters would be like starting with the 2015-16 season. The first draft in Be A GM Mode would be the 2014 Draft, but that will be like the 2016 Draft with these rosters.

drnaud81

Aug 29, 2011
Quebec City, QC
I've already updated the ages and contracts, so staring Be a GM Mode with these rosters would be like starting with the 2015-16 season. The first draft in Be A GM Mode would be the 2014 Draft, but that will be like the 2016 Draft with these rosters.
excellent! i'm looking forward to try it out

PS:it works great! Thanks!

Last edited:

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
I'm also in the process of updating this roster for the upcoming season, just FYI. Transactions are pretty much up-to-date.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
The rosters are almost complete! For those of you that are unfamiliar with this roster set, I'd like to provide a general overview of what it contains.

This roster set includes:

Up-to-date NHL/AHL rosters
Scrutinized player ratings and potentials
Correct player ages
Correct player contracts
All NHL Prospects (regardless of where they currently play)
Future NHL Draft Prospects

I spent a lot of time adding future NHL Draft prospects specifically, so I'll show you how many edited draft prospects I have from each of the below future drafts:

2016: 204 prospects
2017: 46 prospects
2018: 36 prospects
2019: 15 prospects
2020: 1 prospect
2021: 1 prospect

I've used the Czech League to place NHL prospects who are playing in leagues not featured in the game or for drafted prospects who can't be placed in their European leagues (due to a glitch in Be a GM Mode). I've used up most of the teams in that league for this purpose. I've built these teams around certain themes for the most part. Here are those teams and their respective themes:

HC Kometa Brno: Undrafted American Prospects
HC Mountfield: Undrafted European Prospects (whose teams are not in the game) and Canadian players who are going the NCAA route, along with a few Americans.
Pirati Chomutov: Prospects playing in the KHL/MHL (drafted and undrafted)
HC Energie Karlovy Vary: Undrafted American Prospects
HC Pardubice: Drafted Prospects
HC Plzen: Drafted Prospects
HC Slavia Praha: Drafted Prospects
HC Sparta Praha: Drafted Prospects
HC Ocelari Trinec: Drafted Prospects
HC Vitkovice Steel: Drafted Prospects
PSG Zlin: Drafted Prospects

I've found that having a league full of NHL Draft Prospects can be fun to play with, especially in Play Now.

As for the CHL, most of the prospects now in the Czech League were once in the CHL and largely filled it up. Since I've moved them to the Czech League, the CHL is more accurate (having players that actually play in the CHL in real life), but very, very undermanned. Most teams have 10-18 players total. You can still technically play with them in Play Now (it actually might freeze occasionally), but you'll have several of those blue generic skaters. Regardless, I will be working throughout the season by adding CHL players to their rosters and helping fill out all three of its subleagues.

I will also release a prospect tracker spreadsheet so you can quickly find prospects based on draft year, draft rights, potential, or overall ratings. It's a very nifty tool if you are interested in keeping track of the prospects included in this file.

Someone has also converted this file for 360 users. So both PS3 and 360 users can try it out.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
This makes me wanna go get a ps3 wit nhl 14 so i can play with these rosters. I always wanted to make an all time roster with like the top 800-1000 players in the games history. That would be somethin?

Thanks! I've also worked on an all-time roster file if you want me to upload that one as well. It includes a few all-time international teams too.

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
Ima have to get a ps3! What all time players do you have

Every team has an all-time roster, with no player duplicates, so a lot. Some of the greats who never played in the NHL (including the Soviet greats) are included. Also, I've edited some of the old-time greats (like Howie Morenz) to where they play without helmets.

The Shanaplan

May 13, 2015
so just a recap , this is the rosters as of last free agency 2015. but on the 2014 game. Does it have just the NHL rosters or all all the prospects up to date from the past two years ?
And to everyone, what is NHL Legacy ? , is it just a roster update of NHL 15 or does it have new features of 16. ive seen everywhere not to buy it. Just wondering if this download available on this thread is the same as NHL Legacy.

The Shanaplan

May 13, 2015
also having trouble getting the file on. once ive downloaded the file i put it on the folders like told to but when i put it in my ps3 it says theres nothing on my usb. I have one thats zipped and one thats not stated. not sure hot to make it unzipped or how to do this. could someone help please

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
okay great. Any advice on how to get it to work ?

If you have the folders right, you just have to unzip it. On Windows at least for me there is a button up in the toolbar in the window of the zip file to extract it. If not, then there are software like 7-Zip etc. to do it. It should work then. Then just put it on a flash drive with the folders in their correct order and copy it to the PS3.

Has anyone from Europe gotten it to work? It didn't show up in the game after I copied it. I believe this might be a problem with the different color encoding systems in NA and Europe, since the Revamped crew on OS put out both NTSC and PAL versions of their rosters. Any word on this by the way?

WYFR

StanleyCupSabres
Nov 3, 2011
North Carolina
This is awesome :handclap::handclap::handclap: thanks OP! just downloaded and tried it out, success. can't wait to play my buddy now with the new/2015 Sabres line up

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
1) download the file I posted
2) plug a USB into your computer
3) create a folder on the USB called "PS3" and a folder within that one called "SAVEDATA"
4) place the file in the SAVEDATA folder; make sure it's unzipped
5) plug the USB into your PS3
6) copy the file onto your PS3

Does anyone know how to do this for the xbox 360? Im having trouble

Guncho

Dec 1, 2015
Wow thanks for doing this! I was updating the rosters manually and it was getting tedious.

My only quibble is the teams seem extremely evenly matched now. Every team has a 4 star rating overall.

PS Where's Pronger and Horton? Good call hiding them as they will probably never play again but curious as to where you hid them?

Here's is how I managed to update my rosters for XBOX.

1 Download just the roster file from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1s3ckdpgdygvmlq/AACmihEvsSNMNI-SxB2WIlAaa?dl=0
2 Plug USB that is ok to format into Xbox.
3 Go to Settings - Storage and format the USB stick
4 Go into your hardrive, find NHL 14, find a roster save and copy it to your usb
5 Plug USB into Computer
6 Download MODIO. http://www.mediafire.com/download/o34hojplvg6mwn9/Modio+3.0.rar
7 Open MODIO, click Open a Save and open the roster file off the usb
8 In MODIO again click open a save and open the roster file you downloaded in step 1.
9 Copy the Profile ID and Device ID from the XBOX roster file and paste them into the downloaded roster file.
10 Click Rehash and Resign
11 Delete the roster file from your usb stick
12 Copy the downloaded roster file onto your usb stick
13 Plug the USB stick into your xbox
14 Go to settings-storage and copy the roster file from your usb stick to your hard drive
15 The new roster should now show up in NHL 14.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Try these out. Someone in my other thread posted their converted PAL rosters.

Also, I'm about to begin updating these rosters again. I'll have plenty of time over the next month to work on these (I've been very busy during November and early December).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74pkmoz15opwwhi/PS3.rar?dl=0

Ya, these worked. Thanks a lot, extends my PS3's shelf life for sure.

For the updates, Alex Tanguay is really quite ****** now.

E: Oh yeah, and Jesse Puljujärvi is Finnish, he was just born in Sweden.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad