Speculation: Next Head Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
A mediocre former player with no head coaching experience sounds about right for this team.

The no head coaching experience would be the only worry. A mediocre former player?

I would call this guy a mediocre former player (he did play in juniors in the 50s) and he did alright.

That being said, is no experience really that much of a downside if we think we're still several years from being actually good?

Reactions: FMichael

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I wonder why Zettler doesn't get much love in these discussions.
Has more coaching experience than Halpern.

I remember when the Red Wings were supposedly very interested in Halpern as a player.
He was never that good. Put up a few points with the Caps when he was 2C due to a marketing ploy. He grew up locally, hometown hero BS. They even made him captain.

I think that experience helps him as a coach, he was captain over several star players including Gonchar, Lang, Jagr, and Bondra. But he has no HC experience.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
If it's Lalonde...I wonder if the new Minions movie will be tied in to the Press Release ;)

rs_600x600-130703124143-600.Gru.mh.070313.jpg

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I have just a gut feeling if we don't hear something tonight, tomorrow is the announcement.

They probably want to get it done before the 4th of July weekend.

“With the 8th pick in the 2022 NHL draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to allow their new head coach, from behind the Tampa Bay Lightning bench, FIRSTNAME LASTNAME, to make the selection.”

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Reactions: FMichael

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
TBL fans must be feeling what we use to feel all-so-very often with crappy teams prying away our talent.

But being Yzerman was the architect of that team, they can't really be too pissed off at us.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
I'm feeling a Lalonde announcement tomorrow early. Also, have a feeling Stevie is going to make a huge move that none of us expect. I'm thinking trade wise because that's his go to but could be a FA move. Just have a weird feeling he's sitting on a powder keg move that will shock us all.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I'm feeling a Lalonde announcement tomorrow early. Also, have a feeling Stevie is going to make a huge move that none of us expect. I'm thinking trade wise because that's his go to but could be a FA move. Just have a weird feeling he's sitting on a powder keg move that will shock us all.

That is called indigestion. Might want to have that checked out.

Reactions: wings95

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Yzerman will let Lalonde have a vacation and spend time with his family for a week or 2 before an announcement. Lalonde has been a busy guy the last few years. Let him rest a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad