News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
Excuse me mr graphics designer. How do we know the new logo is better?

By looking at the invoice.

Oh, this is obviously a great ass logo.

1976-1-mastercard.jpg

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I did find this one, which isn’t terrible, IMO.

View attachment 836581
Au contrare, that's comically terrible. It takes the classic logo, adds far more layers to make it muddled, removes any distinctive shapes, and puts it at an angle that makes the structure of the spiral less distinct. View it from a distance or try to replicate in a small form and it's just in indistinct blob. Even presented in the best case- at full size on a computer screen- it's still just a hair away from being an indistinct blob.

The classic eye logo already strikes a good balance between simplified shapes and a detailed image. Go too far with the detail and you get the way over-complicated computer vector art of the 90s, like the old Florida leaping kitty. Dumb it down further, like these designs, and it just looks dumbed down and generic.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Way back when, before we had our alternate logo, there was a similar concept for the pirate theme. It was similar to the storm warning flag, but made it a pirate flags on a ship, I believe. Can’t find it online now.

I did find this one, which isn’t terrible, IMO.

View attachment 836581
That is the logo for the Carolina Beyblades. That is not a good thing.

Icean Storm

Feb 5, 2023
I'm attempting to answer the Caniac Connect survey, and haven't even gotten to where I can respond to the lovely logos shared above.

I'm still on question 1, which has the instructions:

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, please rank the following jerseys based on their appeal to you.

I initially ranked the jerseys from 1 (I like the best) to 10 (I like the least), which seems like the normal way to rank things. But that doesn't seem to be what the instructions say. They should be ranked 1 (LOWEST appeal to me) to 10 (HIGHEST appeal to me). Right?

Reactions: MustardStew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I'm attempting to answer the Caniac Connect survey, and haven't even gotten to where I can respond to the lovely logos shared above.

I'm still on question 1, which has the instructions:

I initially ranked the jerseys from 1 (I like the best) to 10 (I like the least), which seems like the normal way to rank things. But that doesn't seem to be what the instructions say. They should be ranked 1 (LOWEST appeal to me) to 10 (HIGHEST appeal to me). Right?
That's how I interpreted it, each one was viewed 1-10 without regards to the others

Icean Storm

Feb 5, 2023
Thanks @Svechhammer and @MustardStew. It was the word "rank" that threw me off. Rating each of them individually makes much more sense with the way it is set up. Hopefully no one else is as easily confused as I am, because the way I initially answered would not have reflected my opinions at all.

Reactions: DaveG

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
"I don't watch television, every day I simply paint a wall, and watching it go from shiny to dull as it dries is more than enough entertainment for me".
-McDavid (probably)
I’m particularly looking forward to a tour of his home in Edmonton.

“Through here is my living room. It’s where I like to live. And in the next room is my kitchen. You’ll find me in there when I require sustenance.”

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
What they ought to do is follow a team. ESPN followed the 2003-04 Avalanche and that was interesting, Boston has "Behind the B". Pick a contender and go from there.

Reactions: robbieberns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad