News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The Athletic has Pyotr in 5th in their Calder rankings.

He's become a starting goalie for a top contender, and a good one at that. He should absolutely be getting real consideration, that's much, much harder to do than being just another rookie forward on a bad team where there aren't any stakes.

But it's going to go to Bedard for name and marketing, so whatever. Not worth investing in that particular idea.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
He's become a starting goalie for a top contender, and a good one at that. He should absolutely be getting real consideration, that's much, much harder to do than being just another rookie forward on a bad team where there aren't any stakes.

But it's going to go to Bedard for name and marketing, so whatever. Not worth investing in that particular idea.
Bedard is also at/almost a PPG on an absolutely shit team with no real offensive support of late at 18 years old. So it's hard to argue against him regardless of how well Kuch is playing of late.

That being said, top 3 for Kuch at least or we riot.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I actually got the same email and can confirm they are canvasing for a rebrand. Saved the high resolution versions of all those logos.

They're also asking us to rank all our jerseys we've ever worn (not Whalers). They also asked what elements are important to us for a main jersey crest as well as a main logo.

d86b8dbb-1417-4b76-a66a-4ded06d9cc77.jpeg
f943bcd6-12cb-4930-aa28-6fe7e0e043cb.jpeg
d6d87ae5-f144-4e3a-88b4-dfd258ee8a53.jpeg
7f068ee7-2b25-46e7-ae9a-da7fe7e3f17d.jpeg

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I actually got the same email and can confirm they are canvasing for a rebrand. Saved the high resolution versions of all those logos.

They're also asking us to rank all our jerseys we've ever worn (not Whalers). They also asked what elements are important to us for a main jersey crest as well as a main logo.

View attachment 836553View attachment 836554View attachment 836556View attachment 836557

Dislike.

The top image is okay, maybe as a shoulder patch, and would look good as a stand-alone (hats, etc). The middle two...are we now the "Hurriblades"? As for the bottom text, no thanks we're not a minor league baseball team.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I dont mind any of them but do not want them centered on a primary jersey.

As others have said, shoulder patch, ball cap, maybe a one-off special jersey sure.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I like the script logo, but as an alternate jersey, not as a primary. But the current set is better than any of those. If anything, we need to back to the OG jerseys. Unapologetic flag stripes. Original hurricane logo.
I've long said the easiest way to simplify the logo is just to replace the silver outline with black.

But yeah, give me the anniversary/OG jerseys with original name and number fonts, original crest and current double flag logo on the shoulders.

You could also just keep that and then replace the striping with what we currently wear on the reds and then do the exact same striping on the whites and we'd be fine.

The only proposed logo I like is the C, but only as the captaincy patch

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Should I be happy about acquiring Rees?
If you feel like he was misused by both Springfield and Charlotte this season since he wasn't a prospect of either parent club? Maybe.

But he wasn't of any interest to Dubas in the Guentzel trade, or else he would have been dealt there, and now he's dealt for a 6th round pick. I think that should give you an idea of where your expectations should be.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

View attachment 836553View attachment 836554View attachment 836556View attachment 836557

The first and second ones are lazy and poorly designed.

The third one is a good starting base. Maybe add some depth to the image, turn the middle into a puck, there's something there.

The last one is the logo of a baseball team

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The first and second ones are lazy and poorly designed.

The third one is a good starting base. Maybe add some depth to the image, turn the middle into a puck, there's something there.

The last one is the logo of a baseball team
The question about important design elements for the logo specifically asked to rank things like regional/local references or meteorological references, but also asked about a design similar to a collegiate one. I'm guessing that's where this is coming from, and I personally hate it.

Reactions: MustardStew

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Should I be happy about acquiring Rees?
You win some, you lose some.

The question about important design elements for the logo specifically asked to rank things like regional/local references or meteorological references, but also asked about a design similar to a collegiate one. I'm guessing that's where this is coming from, and I personally hate it.
Can you write-in pirate theme?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's miles better than any of the official candidates, and the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim can go quack themselves.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You win some, you lose some.

Can you write-in pirate theme?

Way back when, before we had our alternate logo, there was a similar concept for the pirate theme. It was similar to the storm warning flag, but made it a pirate flags on a ship, I believe. Can’t find it online now.

I did find this one, which isn’t terrible, IMO.

1710537571506.jpeg

Reactions: Lempo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad